Nerlens Noel Doesn't Regret Rejecting $70M Offer From Mavericks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nerlens Noel Doesn't Regret Rejecting $70M Offer From Mavericks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 pm

When Nerlens Noel fired Happy Walters in August and replaced him with Rich Paul, there were no new contract talks with the Dallas Mavericks.

Noel rejected a four-year deal with the Mavericks worth approximately $70 million.

Noel ultimately signed for the qualifying offer at $4.1 million for one season.

The Mavericks dropped Noel from the rotation and he underwent surgery on his left thumb.

"I have no idea," Noel told Bleacher Report when asked why he thinks he was removed from the rotation. "I know that I'm working hard and through it and making sure I'm going to always be ready when my number's called. Just make sure I'm on top of everything else, that I'm getting better, make sure I'm getting my extra work in so when that time comes to get back in the rotation, I'll be ready."

While Noel had an incident recently in which he grabbed a hot dog from the media room at halftime of a game, the Mavericks insist he's remained professional.

"He's been very professional, with the exception of the hot dog incident the other night, which we all had fun with," Carlisle told reporters last week. "That's over with now, and he realized that was a mistake. ... Our No. 1 thing as a team ... is just getting him 100 percent healthy."

"Nerlens has been great," Mark Cuban said. "He's been great in the locker room, a total professional."

"I most definitely don't regret anything. I'm not nervous because I know my abilities," Noel told Bleacher Report. "I know what I'm capable of. I know what I can get on the court any time, day or night, and do. It's simply getting the opportunity to show it."

Via Yaron Weitzman/Bleacher Report

greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: Nerlens Noel Doesn't Regret Rejecting $70M Offer From Mavericks 

Post#2 » by greggschapiro » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Fake News, he for sure regrets it.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#3 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Sure he doesn't.

And I don't regret turning down that date with Kate Upton a few years back because I thought I could do better.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#4 » by TMU » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Yep, I'm sure he also loves Rich Paul.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am

he'll regret only when FA comes?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#6 » by MitchB3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 am

The Mavs should have just signed him to the contract, because it's not like players are leaving their previous team to jump on the Mavs, unless Mark Cuban overpays for the player.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#7 » by BigTex » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am

If he’s telling the truth, then he’s even dumber than I thought he was when he turned the deal down in the first place!!! And that’s really saying something.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Of course he regrets it. Some people just take a position and stubbornly refuse to move from it.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion