LeBron James Comfortable If NBA Televises All-Star Selections

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Comfortable If NBA Televises All-Star Selections 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:06 pm

LeBron James doesn't believe facing teammates in the All-Star Game would impact the locker room of the Cavaliers.

The All-Star Game will have the leading vote getters in each conference serve as captains and select their teammates regardless of conference affiliation.

James is a potential captain as he's frequently led the Eastern Conference in All-Star voting.

"I hope not," James said after Saturday's shootaround. "We're all grown men. It doesn't stop their paycheck from coming. It won't stop you from playing time once the season starts."

James said he doesn't care whether the picks are public knowledge.

"It doesn't matter to me," James said. "It doesn't matter. At the end of the day, if I'm rewarded to be a part of the All-Star Game again, that's cool for me. It doesn't matter. All that other stuff is extracurricular."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: LeBron James Comfortable If NBA Televises All-Star Selections 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:52 pm

If the captains pick the teams and Lebron is selected as captain, televised or not, we will know who picked who. Why would anyone care? :crazy:
DBCJUN
Freshman
And1: 58

Post#3 » by DBCJUN » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:If the captains pick the teams and Lebron is selected as captain, televised or not, we will know who picked who. Why would anyone care? :crazy:

Probably about the order of picking. People might get salty if someone gets picked over them.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#4 » by dautjazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Wonder Love would mind if Lebron takes lets say Harden or AD over him. You know that KD or Curry are captains they are choosing each other.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 pm

IMO this is a poor attempt to drum up interest in what has become a flat All-Star weekend.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#6 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm

LeBron is comfortable big news flash
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 am

Just when you though it impossible... the ASG just became even more pointless. If the NBA is going to do this, they need to stop taking 12 from each conference and pick the 24 best players regardless.

Better yet:
The top 4 vote getters from each Conference are team captains.
They each pick two players from their own conference to make up teams of three.
They play a single-elimination tournament of 3 on 3 finishing off with the best of the East and West.

I'd watch that, and I haven't watched an All-Star game in 10+ years. We would see something unique and the players would play with some pride.

Return to Wiretap Discussion