Paul George: I'm Not Giving Up On Thunder

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George: I'm Not Giving Up On Thunder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:36 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder have disappointed so far during the first season with Paul George.

"With the talent we have, we don't want to just be getting by," George said. "We want to start building towards being a dominant team."

"It's a three-man circus," a Western Conference executive told Bleacher Report. "They don't play well together. There's no ball movement, no chemistry. You can tell by watching them play, it's out of sync. There's no rhyme or rhythm to how they play."

George was asked if he may give the Thunder a heads-up on his free agency the way he did with the Pacers.

"Well, I think this is a different scenario because it's our only year together as far as we're on one-year contracts," George told Bleacher Report. "I want to put everything into this and see where that takes us. I'm not giving up; I'm not giving in. I want to give this thing everything I have and we'll see where it goes."

Westbrook signed an extension in September but sources say the Thunder are under no delusions that George would commit to anything beyond the current season.

"We all enjoy playing with one another," George told B/R. "This could possibly be me being here for multiple years. But ... I'm not going to just throw it in and be like, 'No, I'm done with this.' We've got a long, long, long season ahead of us. And I'm committed to that."

George remains optimistic about Oklahoma City's odds this season.

"We're going to turn this season around and we're going to start playing the right way," he told B/R. "I'm sure late in the season, in April and May, we'll be happy where we're at."

Via Ken Berger/Bleacher Report

OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Re: Paul George: I'm Not Giving Up On Thunder 

Post#2 » by OdomFan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:37 pm

I hope he's just working the media
BasketballJosh
Junior
And1: 35

Post#3 » by BasketballJosh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:14 pm

The Thunder are NEVER going to win anything with Westbrook being the focal point of their offense.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#4 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 pm

okc won last night but russ took nealy 30 shots, i doubt pg really enjoys being a "role player"
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#5 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:32 pm

I bet they're looking back at what could have been the way Olidipo, Sabonis, and Kanter are playing. I didn't like the trade from the start. I feel like a team that runs hard with a ball dominant point guard needs to be surrounded with superior defenders who can run the floor.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 am

He can just threaten to leave if Melo doesn't come off the bench.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am

Lol this is turning out exactly like that lakers mess 4 seasons ago. Lakers traded for Dwight who wanted to be in Brooklyn like PG and LA then convinced Nash to take a discount like how okc convinced melo to waive his no-trade clause. They even have a tall white guy playing the Pau Gasol fourth banana role in Steven Adams. Question is will they soon fire the coach lol?

Return to Wiretap Discussion