Some Members Of Knicks' Front Office Were In Favor Of Trading Kristaps Porzingis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Some Members Of Knicks' Front Office Were In Favor Of Trading Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

The New York Knicks held earnest trade talks involving Kristaps Porzingis after he skipped his exit interview with Phil Jackson and Steve Mills.

Some portrayed the talks as Jackson trying to teach Porzingis a lesson, but multiple sources familiar with the situation claim there were members of the Knicks' organization in favor of trading Porzingis at the time.

The Knicks ultimately pulled Porzingis from the trade block and parted ways with Jackson.

Porzingis has played at an All-Star level this season.

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Re: Some Members Of Knicks' Front Office Were In Favor Of Trading Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm not sure what those people in the FO were thinking, seems crazy to me to want to move him.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 364

Re: Some Members Of Knicks' Front Office Were In Favor Of Trading Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#3 » by imDatknicksTape » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 pm

blind prophet wrote:I'm not sure what those people in the FO were thinking, seems crazy to me to want to move him.

two words. Phail Jackson
"
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,829

Post#4 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 pm

blind prophet wrote:I'm not sure what those people in the FO were thinking, seems crazy to me to want to move him.

Easy- so you can get a top lottery pick and draft your franchise unicorn of the future. Um wait...
xchange55
Senior
And1: 524

Post#5 » by xchange55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 pm

So easy to criticize the NYK front office in hindsight - but let's be honest here - A LOT of people on these boards thought KP would be a bust.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#6 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:

two words. Phail Jackson
"

you mean the man responsible for drafting him in the first place? and drafting ntilikina?

he danged him for a potential overpay.. he asked for the moon.. he wasn't "trying to trade him"
ball_dont_lie23
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#7 » by ball_dont_lie23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:51 pm

might not be the worst thing considering his injury concerns long term
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#8 » by Sam195 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:18 am

xchange55 wrote:So easy to criticize the NYK front office in hindsight - but let's be honest here - A LOT of people on these boards thought KP would be a bust.

yeah black obama era racists who believe in affirmative action. If KP and Lin were black they would be the new Hakeem and Jordan of the nba during their stints in New York. Good thing Trump and AG Jeff Sessions are working hard to level the playing field for everyone.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Post#9 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Sam195 wrote:
xchange55 wrote:So easy to criticize the NYK front office in hindsight - but let's be honest here - A LOT of people on these boards thought KP would be a bust.

yeah black obama era racists who believe in affirmative action. If KP and Lin were black they would be the new Hakeem and Jordan of the nba during their stints in New York. Good thing Trump and AG Jeff Sessions are working hard to level the playing field for everyone.

Thanks for the insight Pepe
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,762

Post#10 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:35 pm

To be fair the rumored package from the Celtics was really solid. Something like the 1st this last year (would have taken Lonzo), BK pick next year (most likely top 5), not sure if it was both Smart and Jaylen Brown or just 1 of the 2. Either way that would have been a haul. Not saying I would take it but it would have really accelerated a rebuild for us
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#11 » by Donnyxc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

To be fair the rumored package from the Celtics was really solid. Something like the 1st this last year (would have taken Lonzo), BK pick next year (most likely top 5), not sure if it was both Smart and Jaylen Brown or just 1 of the 2. Either way that would have been a haul. Not saying I would take it but it would have really accelerated a rebuild for us

Zo over Tatum?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,762

Post#12 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Zo over Tatum?

A report came out, I think early in the season, that Phil would have taken Zo number 1 and thought he was a perfect triangle fit.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#13 » by BorkLazer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Sam195 wrote:

Wait... what?
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#14 » by draftnightsuit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Knicks fans didn’t even want Porzingis. Then they run Phil outta NY for even discussing trading him.

Fickle, emotional fans. Inmates run the asylum.
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#15 » by foreigngrammar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Sam195 wrote:

I hope it's irony :)
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 pm

That’s not true at all. KP was clearly a very good young player is first two NBA seasons and there wasn’t a poster on these boards who wouldn’t have loved having him on their team. Anyone calling him a potential bust was just trying to jab the Knick’s fans.

Phil was a terrible GM and the fact that he even shopped KP was just further proof of that. And my guess is the front office people on board with dealing him were just trying to stay on Phil's good side. Survival.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#17 » by Cookin Baskets » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 am

Well I'm sure they are glad they didn't. I was against it when I heard they were thinking about it. You can't blame Porzingis too much for missing the meeting when the knicks were in shambles with Carmelo Anthony.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!

Return to Wiretap Discussion