Kristaps Porzingis: I'm So Tired Right Now

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kristaps Porzingis: I'm So Tired Right Now 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:21 pm

Kristaps Porzingis admitted he's tired following the Knicks' 121-103 loss at the Wizards on the second night of a back-to-back.

“It’s a back-to-back,” Porzingis said. “Not to make excuses but it’s always tougher to play the back-to-backs. I think it got to us. When it got tough, it was also tough mentally for us. Our energy just wasn’t there. They had three days rest and they came out fresh. We didn’t have it in the second half.”

When asked if he’s including himself for having low energy, Porzingis added: “Definitely. I’m tired. I’m tired. I’m so tired right now. I have one day now to rest my legs and then get back and play better and have more energy and also try and bring the team’s energy up."

Porzingis finished with 16 points on 5-for-13 shooting.

Porzingis had a PER of 24.1 in November, 19.7 in December and now 5.4 during the first two games of 2018. Porzingis also faded and dealt with injuries in his first two NBA seasons.

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Kristaps Porzingis: I'm So Tired Right Now 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:23 pm

This is why conditioning is so important. He is way too young to be complaining about being tired. Get in shape KP!
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#3 » by pootbrah » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:29 pm

go vegan (Y)
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#4 » by greggschapiro » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:58 pm

52nd in MPG. Stop Crying KP. Giannis is 1 and I haven't heard him cry once about it.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#5 » by 12footrim » Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:37 pm

This is what happens every year. He comes out looking great then peters out and plays sub par the rest of the year.

If you are tired at 22 years old it doesn't get any better.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#6 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:41 pm

12footrim wrote:This is what happens every year. He comes out looking great then peters out and plays sub par the rest of the year.

If you are tired at 22 years old it doesn't get any better.

Every year... as in two years.
Go Knicks!
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#7 » by yellowknifer » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:46 pm

pootbrah wrote:go vegan (Y)

Pretty sure he is already anemic. Starving himself isnt going to help any. We are meant to eat meat and you cant run a sustainable farm without animals which sometimes need culling anyway.
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#8 » by spicy6 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:54 pm

This just makes me appreciate guys like russ, and lebron even more.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#9 » by colaroaster » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:55 pm

melo rolling in tears right now with a massive boner
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#10 » by pootbrah » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:14 pm

yellowknifer wrote:

Pretty sure he is already anemic. Starving himself isnt going to help any. We are meant to eat meat and you cant run a sustainable farm without animals which sometimes need culling anyway.

So everyone anemic should avoid a plantbased diet because their omnivorous diet is better? Why do we need meat? Why does being vegan mean starving one self? Why can't you run a sustainable farm without animals?
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#11 » by Barcs » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:21 pm

Porzingis played way too much in the off season. I said it when he did it. It wasn't fair for him to tire himself out during the off season when he still has yet to make it through a season without missing significant playing time. Porzingis is an injury waiting to happen. Of course he's worn out. The Knicks need to put their foot down next time. His career in the NBA is far more important than risking his long term health by letting him play over seas during the off season when he should be resting. Typical stupid Knicks organization.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#12 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:33 pm

Unicorns get tired?
BallsLV
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#13 » by BallsLV » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:40 pm

Barcs wrote:Porzingis played way too much in the off season. I said it when he did it. It wasn't fair for him to tire himself out during the off season when he still has yet to make it through a season without missing significant playing time. Porzingis is an injury waiting to happen. Of course he's worn out. The Knicks need to put their foot down next time. His career in the NBA is far more important than risking his long term health by letting him play over seas during the off season when he should be resting. Typical stupid Knicks organization.

No one from Knicks organization can forbid him playing for Team Latvia. It's his own decision.
BallsLV
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#14 » by BallsLV » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:49 pm

BallsLV wrote:
Barcs wrote:Porzingis played way too much in the off season. I said it when he did it. It wasn't fair for him to tire himself out during the off season when he still has yet to make it through a season without missing significant playing time. Porzingis is an injury waiting to happen. Of course he's worn out. The Knicks need to put their foot down next time. His career in the NBA is far more important than risking his long term health by letting him play over seas during the off season when he should be resting. Typical stupid Knicks organization.

No one from Knicks organization can forbid him playing for Team Latvia. It's his own decision.

Maybe you care more about Knicks, but if he won't play for national team, people here in Latvia won't care about him either. It doesn't have to be every summer, but he doesn't play at all, he will be hated like Andris Biedrins or Zydrunas Ilgauskas in Lithuania.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#15 » by imDatknicksTape » Thu Jan 4, 2018 11:38 pm

all you porzingis nut-huggers cant blame Melo anymore. If melo had said " I'm tired" , The media and everybody would have bashed him
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#16 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:02 am

colaroaster wrote:melo rolling in tears right now with a massive boner

They have a good relationship, and KP was always respectful. They are friends, he wants him to do well.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#17 » by Rollie » Fri Jan 5, 2018 2:41 am

imDatknicksTape wrote:all you porzingis nut-huggers cant blame Melo anymore. If melo had said " I'm tired" , The media and everybody would have bashed him

Yep. They wanted him to be the face of the franchise, so deal with it.
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#18 » by caronimo » Fri Jan 5, 2018 3:54 pm

Kobe would tell him to put his big-boy pants on
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#19 » by Barcs » Fri Jan 5, 2018 7:22 pm

BallsLV wrote:
BallsLV wrote:

Maybe you care more about Knicks, but if he won't play for national team, people here in Latvia won't care about him either. It doesn't have to be every summer, but he doesn't play at all, he will be hated like Andris Biedrins or Zydrunas Ilgauskas in Lithuania.

He will be hated by idiots, but who cares? Yes, the Knicks absolutely have the right to tell him not to play in other countries or for other leagues while under contract with the Knicks. His career is in the NBA, not team Latvia. He shouldn't be wearing away his body and tiring himself out risking injury playing for somebody else. If KP purposely chooses to keep playing during the summer, and continues to be unable to make through a season healthy, people will hate him here because that is selfish mentality and shows he doesn't give a **** about the Knicks. If that's the case, he should be traded. It's a conflict of interest. If you want to play in Latvia so bad, then don't come to the NBA. The NBA is the best talent in the world and it goes without saying that it should be any player's #1 priority. If it's not, then GTFO.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#20 » by yellowknifer » Sat Jan 6, 2018 6:50 pm

pootbrah wrote:
yellowknifer wrote:

So everyone anemic should avoid a plantbased diet because their omnivorous diet is better? Why do we need meat? Why does being vegan mean starving one self? Why can't you run a sustainable farm without animals?

Because animals can convert plant matter into energy we are not capable of doing. And they speed up composting to reasonable time frames.
Plant based iron is largely not bioavailable and good luck with a number of other nutrients vegans are deficient in like Vitamin D.

You wont find many if any 10 year vegans because people prefer not starve themselves.

All the moral arguments are equally full of crap too. Animals almost exclusively suffer in the wild. When we take care of them nowhere near as much and deaths are quick. Being eaten alive sucks.

Return to Wiretap Discussion