Derrick Rose Nearing Return From Ankle Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Derrick Rose Nearing Return From Ankle Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 5, 2018 10:26 pm

Derrick Rose could return during the Cleveland Cavaliers' five-game road trip.

Rose hasn't placed since Nov. 7th when he suffered a left ankle injury.

Rose left the team for nearly two weeks while he contemplated retirement.

The Cavaliers have since had Isaiah Thomas return from his own injury. Dwyane Wade has served as Cleveland's primary backup with Rose out. Rose could play when Wade needs to sit.

"I think playing D-Wade on a lot of back-to-backs has been tough for him," Lue said. "[There are] some games where he doesn't feel great, but we don't really have the extra ball handler to sit him. So when D-Rose gets back, he'll definitely help with that and help with D-Wade getting his rest and being able to feel good on the floor."

Rose said he's game for whatever reintegration plan the Cavs have for him.

"It's whatever they want," Rose said after the team's practice in Orlando. "I'm not trying to be a distraction to the team or anything like that. I'm here to be a professional about any situation I get put into and to own up to it and be a man about it. I just want to win. No matter how many minutes I'm playing, I'm not a stat guy. I did all that in the past. Now it's time for me to win a championship."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Derrick Rose Nearing Return From Ankle Injury 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:55 pm

back to MVP form? I'm playin im playin
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 2:27 am

Should have signed in Phoenix - he could have used the elite medical staff to piece a decent role player career like Grant Hill. However with the nba minimum wage for veterans set at 2.1M and increasing with a higher cap figure this summer I highly doubt many teams will even want to give him a flyer since he is messed up both physically and mentally. Note Rose's agent couldn't even negotiate a 2nd year player option to give him added security when he signed with the cavs. The rumors that Bucks were willing to pay him 6-7M a season in a 2-3 year deal (with likely partial guaranteed salary) was based on proposed sign and trade scenarios where they were trying to unload a worse contract in either Greg Monroe or John Henson at the time which the Knicks hung the phone on lol.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#4 » by Rollie » Sat Jan 6, 2018 2:42 pm

Rose going to Cleveland may get him a ring but it wasn't good health-wise because Isaiah Thomas was out and having to play heavy minutes. Now he can split minutes with Thomas and Wade and last longer.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#5 » by Rollie » Sat Jan 6, 2018 2:47 pm

Sam195 wrote:Should have signed in Phoenix - he could have used the elite medical staff to piece a decent role player career like Grant Hill. However with the nba minimum wage for veterans set at 2.1M and increasing with a higher cap figure this summer I highly doubt many teams will even want to give him a flyer since he is messed up both physically and mentally. Note Rose's agent couldn't even negotiate a 2nd year player option to give him added security when he signed with the cavs. The rumors that Bucks were willing to pay him 6-7M a season in a 2-3 year deal (with likely partial guaranteed salary) was based on proposed sign and trade scenarios where they were trying to unload a worse contract in either Greg Monroe or John Henson at the time which the Knicks hung the phone on lol.

Did he have many offers? To me Boston or OKC would have been good for him because he would get limited minutes in their backcourts.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#6 » by nedleeds » Sat Jan 6, 2018 3:27 pm

D-rose and D-wade are D-one
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jan 6, 2018 9:10 pm

Rose, Wade
Calderon, Shumps

That's not bad as backcourt off the bench

Can really do some damage in the playoffs if healthy
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion