Luke Walton More Annoyed By LaVar Ball Than Concerned With Job Security

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Luke Walton More Annoyed By LaVar Ball Than Concerned With Job Security 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:03 pm

LaVar Ball has again criticized Luke Walton just a few weeks after Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka met with him privately.

Sources close to Walton said he's more annoyed by the distraction than concerned about his job security.

Sunday night, Walton even tried to defuse the situation with a bit of humor. Asked why he substituted Lonzo early in the first quarter, Walton deadpanned, "His dad was talking s---, so I took him out early." Two seconds later he smiled and said, "Just kidding."

A source close to Lonzo Ball said he's more concerned with establishing himself in the league and helping the team get out of its recent struggles than wading into a controversy between his dad and the coach. 

LaVar Ball's comments drew sharp criticism from Rick Carlisle, who also accused ESPN of giving him a platform.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,954

Re: Luke Walton More Annoyed By LaVar Ball Than Concerned With Job Security 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:36 pm

shocking
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#3 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:01 pm

Does anyone besides his kids actually like the guy? There hasn't been a slew of words or a single action that points to him being an intelligent person. Of course he loves his kids, most dad's do......but I've never met or even seen someone that wouldn't be missed at all if he happened to vanish.

He's so annoying, that one hopes his kids actually fail. Does he not see that his talk and walk actually gets people to think that way....to hate his kids? :lol: :banghead:
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:06 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:Does anyone besides his kids actually like the guy? There hasn't been a slew of words or a single action that points to him being an intelligent person. Of course he loves his kids, most dad's do......but I've never met or even seen someone that wouldn't be missed at all if he happened to vanish.

He's so annoying, that one hopes his kids actually fail. Does he not see that his talk and walk actually gets people to think that way....to hate his kids? :lol: :banghead:

I hate to admit it, but I feel that way. I haven't even seen the kid play. (Well a whole game anyway.)
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#5 » by lonea » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:45 pm

lavar is the basketball kashashians, people don't like him but it creates drama

at the same time, his value only goes up when he make comments like these.

nothing to be mad about

digitaldropoff wrote:Does anyone besides his kids actually like the guy? There hasn't been a slew of words or a single action that points to him being an intelligent person. Of course he loves his kids, most dad's do......but I've never met or even seen someone that wouldn't be missed at all if he happened to vanish.

caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#6 » by caronimo » Mon Jan 8, 2018 10:57 pm

Lavar said he could beat michael jordan :roll:
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#7 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Jan 8, 2018 11:04 pm

LaVar keeps winning. Man is in the headlines all day. If only he would shut up now.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jan 8, 2018 11:42 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:LaVar keeps winning. Man is in the headlines all day. If only he would shut up now.

That would never happen, unless his BBB is done dead
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#9 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 1:23 am

This can only end 2 ways. Lakers trade Ball, or Ball denounces his Dad. Luke Walton seems highly respected.
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#10 » by RajonRambo » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:33 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I feel that way. I haven't even seen the kid play. (Well a whole game anyway.)

That’s pretty funny. I have to agree. Almost to the point where it annoys me when Lonzo says things that make sense and doesn’t act like an ahole. The guy’s shot is probably the most offensive thing about him.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#11 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:18 am

Which one is the guy that Trump freed from China and the one who plays for the Lakers?
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 8:32 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Which one is the guy that Trump freed from China and the one who plays for the Lakers?

**** and ****
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 8:33 am

Laf**ckwit and LaDumbs**t
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#14 » by Pukovnik » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:50 pm

Who do you think is telling LaVar those things? Of course, Lonzo. You can see in his statement: "I will play for any coach." No loyalty there whatsoever. If I were a Laker player I wouldn't even communicate with Lonzo outside of the court, he will stab them in the back at the first opportunity.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#15 » by Simmons25 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:08 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:This can only end 2 ways. Lakers trade Ball, or Ball denounces his Dad. Luke Walton seems highly respected.

Ball is literally untradeable. I can't think of a single team in the NBA that would now trade for Lonzo Ball knowing with absolute 100% certainty his dad is going to become cancerous to their organisation.

The only way the Lakers could get rid of Lonzo now is if he packaged him up with a decent asset to make a deal workable and even then they'd be lucky to get an end of 1st round pick.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#16 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:32 pm

Pukovnik wrote:Who do you think is telling LaVar those things? Of course, Lonzo. You can see in his statement: "I will play for any coach." No loyalty there whatsoever. If I were a Laker player I wouldn't even communicate with Lonzo outside of the court, he will stab them in the back at the first opportunity.

Like Dlo did Swaggy P?
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#17 » by Barcs » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:16 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:LaVar keeps winning. Man is in the headlines all day. If only he would shut up now.

It sounds like the media is winning not him. He isn't getting paid for his dumbass comments, the companies that write the articles are.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
nixtron1
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#18 » by nixtron1 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:40 pm

publicity, good or bad, is still publicity. that's his intention - for people to talk about him and his kids. and it worked. :banghead:
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#19 » by mawbsta » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 am

nixtron1 wrote:publicity, good or bad, is still publicity. that's his intention - for people to talk about him and his kids. and it worked. :banghead:

absolutely true - that's how you create a brand from nothing and out of nothing.

"Over 100,000 people watched LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball's Lithuanian debut on Facebook — and they were treated to a huge ad for Big Baller Brand"

Curious to see how Magic handles this clown going forward.

Return to Wiretap Discussion