Warriors Believed To Have Anthony Davis As Long-Term Target

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Warriors Believed To Have Anthony Davis As Long-Term Target 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Tim Kawakami suggests the Golden State Warriors have likely begun to target Anthony Davis in their long-term decision-making.

The Warriors targeted Kevin Durant in the 2016 offseason for at least two years and when it looked like an absolute longshot.

Davis can become a free agent in 2020 and the New Orleans Pelicans could consider trading him before that offseason though they have yet to given any indication he will be available in the near or distant future.

The Warriors would almost certainly need to include either Klay Thompson or Draymond Green or potentially both to trade for Davis. Thompson will become a free agent in 2019 while Green will be a free agent in 2020.

When Kawakami interviewed Joe Lacob for his podcast a few weeks ago, the word he used was “differentiate” when he talked about moves the Warriors might make in the future.

Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Re: Warriors Believed To Have Anthony Davis As Long-Term Target 

Post#2 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Klay Thompson, Jordan Bell, 2018 first, 2019 first for Anthony Davis.

Top that offer Boston.

Steph Curry / Shaun Livingston
Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P
Kevin Durant / Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green / Omri Casspi
Anthony Davis / Zaza Pachulia / David West
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#3 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Zingod wrote:Klay Thompson, Jordan Bell, 2018 first, 2019 first for Anthony Davis.

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P
theres this thing called a salary cap
Zingod
Rookie

Post#4 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
Zingod wrote:Klay Thompson, Jordan Bell, 2018 first, 2019 first for Anthony Davis.

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

? Ad makes 23m this and 25 next season. Add zaza ffs. If you think long term lacob is willing to pay im sure or trade draymond.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#5 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Zingod wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

? Ad makes 23m this and 25 next season. Add zaza ffs. If you think long term lacob is willing to pay im sure or trade draymond.
that was in response to the offer you oresented, nothing else
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#6 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

1. Can't trade back to back 1st rounders if they are your only 1st rounders
2. Boston could top that offer easily, they have young players that are cheap.
3. No way that team stays under 150 million in payroll lol
#FreeChuckDiesel
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#7 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

If NO is trading AD, why would they want an expiring Klay Thompson who would obviously bolt at the end of the year?
Zingod
Rookie

Post#8 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

If NO is trading AD, why would they want an expiring Klay Thompson who would obviously bolt at the end of the year?

Then replace Klay with Draymond whos got 2 years left and is friends with boogie.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#9 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Good Lord!

GS is going to be even more hated in the near future. Do they expect all the good players to go there? I doubt AD can stay healthy until 2020.
Once Curry is done, GS will fall. KD isn't getting any younger, and Klay has to be pissed that every rumor has him going out. He can't be happy they don't see him as a "long term project."
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#10 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Zingod wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Top that offer Boston.

Patrick McCaw / Swaggy P

Then replace Klay with Draymond whos got 2 years left and is friends with boogie.

If Boogie is staying, why would they trade AD?
Zingod
Rookie

Post#11 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Good Lord!

GS is going to be even more hated in the near future. Do they expect all the good players to go there? I doubt AD can stay healthy until 2020.
Once Curry is done, GS will fall. KD isn't getting any younger, and Klay has to be pissed that every rumor has him going out. He can't be happy they don't see him as a "long term project."

Curry isn't going to be done anytime soon though. He's at his absolute peak right now. Steve Nash wasn't done until his late 30s, Steph isn't even 30 yet. Golden State is going to be dominant/at least top 5 team next 5 years or so.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Zingod wrote:

Curry isn't going to be done anytime soon though. He's at his absolute peak right now. Steve Nash wasn't done until his late 30s, Steph isn't even 30 yet.

I didn't say soon. And Nash was never really a health risk. Curry is.

My thing is Klay may want out if he keeps hearing himself as the black sheep. That could tear down a little invincibility.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Zingod wrote:

Curry isn't going to be done anytime soon though. He's at his absolute peak right now. Steve Nash wasn't done until his late 30s, Steph isn't even 30 yet.

My thing is Klay may want out if he keeps hearing himself as the black sheep. That could tear down a little invincibility.

Currys not much of a health risk and Klay has been in trade rumors pretty much since he's been drafted, not sure why it would just now start bothering him.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#14 » by MegaK » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

You know Davis would jump at an oppurtunity to win 60 plus games every year and be in the Finals. I really don't like the Warriors but I wouldn't blame AD for wanting to be a part of a winning situation finally. Davis should be playing for some major market team anyhow. He should really go to NY. He would be the face of the League if he went there. Also, he need to get his eyebrows did. You ain't supposed to have a mustache up there. WTF Davis.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Zingod wrote:Curry isn't going to be done anytime soon though. He's at his absolute peak right now. Steve Nash wasn't done until his late 30s, Steph isn't even 30 yet.

Currys not much of a health risk and Klay has been in trade rumors pretty much since he's been drafted, not sure why it would just now start bothering him.
Think again. He's having a hard time this year, and like you said, not even 30 yet.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248566/Stephen-Curry-Out-With-Sprained-Right-Ankle
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 pm

MegaK wrote:You know Davis would jump at an oppurtunity to win 60 plus games every year and be in the Finals. I really don't like the Warriors but I wouldn't blame AD for wanting to be a part of a winning situation finally. Davis should be playing for some major market team anyhow. He should really go to NY. He would be the face of the League if he went there. Also, he need to get his eyebrows did. You ain't supposed to have a mustache up there. WTF Davis.

He had a chance to go, he chose the money. Screw him, what did he do that others haven't. Does he "deserve" a ring?
So sick of all these microwave players that want rings now and jump to a super team to do it. Try taking your team the old fashion way.

LBJ and Miami ruined the whole loyalty thing in the NBA.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#17 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:I didn't say soon. And Nash was never really a health risk. Curry is.

Think again. He's having a hard time this year, and like you said, not even 30 yet.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248566/Stephen-Curry-Out-With-Sprained-Right-Ankle

I didn't say anything about his age and just because he's dealing with injuries this year doesn't mean he's really an injury risk. You're acting like the Warriors should be concerned.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#18 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:30 pm

Sign KD and then trade him for AD.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
bespectacled19
Junior
And1: 289

Post#19 » by bespectacled19 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
MegaK wrote:You know Davis would jump at an oppurtunity to win 60 plus games every year and be in the Finals. I really don't like the Warriors but I wouldn't blame AD for wanting to be a part of a winning situation finally. Davis should be playing for some major market team anyhow. He should really go to NY. He would be the face of the League if he went there. Also, he need to get his eyebrows did. You ain't supposed to have a mustache up there. WTF Davis.

He had a chance to go, he chose the money. Screw him, what did he do that others haven't. Does he "deserve" a ring?
So sick of all these microwave players that want rings now and jump to a super team to do it. Try taking your team the old fashion way.

players are not obliged to be loyal to the their teams. teams can trade them whenever they want, so no point in being loyal. that is just nonsense. it's always been a business.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 pm

bespectacled19 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

players are not obliged to be loyal to the their teams. teams can trade them whenever they want, so no point in being loyal. that is just nonsense. it's always been a business.

Of course their not. But it seems like everybody wants to form a super team and join their buddies. Wouldn't it be nice to see more than two teams with a shot at the title every year?

Return to Wiretap Discussion