Rodney Hood Fined $35,000 For Phone Slap

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rodney Hood Fined $35,000 For Phone Slap 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Rodney Hood has been fined $35,000 for slapping a phone out of a fan’s hand while exiting the court.

The incident occurred following Hood’s ejection for receiving his second technical foul of the game with 2:21 remaining in the third quarter of the Jazz’s 107-104 win over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, Jan. 10 at Capital One Arena.

Via RealGM Staff Report

caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Re: Rodney Hood Fined $35,000 For Phone Slap 

Post#2 » by caronimo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I thought it was funny actually
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,512

Post#3 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 am

What a punk. I would've fined him 100K plus ordered to buy all the fans in the arena a new iPhone X
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 am

Does the fan get compensation? Don't think he did anything bad or wrong?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#5 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 am

Well deserved fine
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#6 » by CobraCommander » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 am

macNcheese3 wrote:Well deserved fine

That was so Hood....

totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#7 » by totalrekall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 am

caronimo wrote:I thought it was funny actually

it was really funny. $35K buys a lot of phones. NBA is greedy
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#8 » by CelticsWin5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 pm

if he did that to me, I would Have stood up and pushed him and made him look like a wuss on tv for that. He assaulted, commited battery, and destruction of property. I would have defended myself then sue him for nominal and punitive damages if towards of $2 million for placing his thug hands on me.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,174

Post#9 » by sca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:if he did that to me, I would Have stood up and pushed him and made him look like a wuss on tv for that. He assaulted, commited battery, and destruction of property. I would have defended myself then sue him for nominal and punitive damages if towards of $2 million for placing his thug hands on me.

Wow, you sound like a badass! It must be hard walking in the street with those balls of steel!
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#10 » by CelticsWin5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 pm

sca wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:if he did that to me, I would Have stood up and pushed him and made him look like a wuss on tv for that. He assaulted, commited battery, and destruction of property. I would have defended myself then sue him for nominal and punitive damages if towards of $2 million for placing his thug hands on me.

Wow, you sound like a badass! It must be hard walking in the street with those balls of steel!
thanks for noticing
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Good one. Don't forget, moms said wash the dishes and do some chores, before you go out with your friends tonight.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#12 » by CelticsWin5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 pm

totalrekall wrote:

Does $35000 teach other players that it’s not ok to commit assault and battery on fans, and destroy rheir personal property like thugs ? Hopefully
DontCheeseMe
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#13 » by DontCheeseMe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
totalrekall wrote:

Does $35000 teach other players that it’s not ok to commit assault and battery on fans, and destroy rheir personal property like thugs ? Hopefully

lol.. a Thug? Now there's some inflammatory language if I've ever read any lately. You sure you want your display image being a black "thug" "violently slamming" that ball in the the net like that?

Maybe a red trump hat would suit your display photo a little (read, MUCH) better.
IG: @dontcheeseme
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#14 » by CelticsWin5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am

DontCheeseMe wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
totalrekall wrote:it was really funny. $35K buys a lot of phones. NBA is greedy

lol.. a Thug? Now there's some inflammatory language if I've ever read any lately. You sure you want your display image being a black "thug" "violently slamming" that ball in the the net like that?

Maybe a red trump hat would suit your display photo a little (read, MUCH) better.
are you feelings hurt? The definition of the word thug in meriam Webster as well as oxford is a criminal. By slapping someones haND and causing destruction to property costing $1000+ if the phone is broken, he absolutely committed a crime using physical force and he absolutely acted like a thug and not like a basketball player
castor777
Senior
And1: 112

Post#15 » by castor777 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
DontCheeseMe wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:Does $35000 teach other players that it’s not ok to commit assault and battery on fans, and destroy rheir personal property like thugs ? Hopefully

are you feelings hurt? The definition of the word thug in meriam Webster as well as oxford is a criminal. By slapping someones haND and causing destruction to property costing $1000+ if the phone is broken, he absolutely committed a crime using physical force and he absolutely acted like a thug and not like a basketball player

Right, I'm sure you're well aware the term thug is constantly used as a racial slur aimed at blacks and that's not lost on you. But it's adorable you're overreacting to a phone being slapped out of a guys hand by calling it assault and battery yet asking another person if their feelings are hurt. I'm sure you make the Celtics feel proud in knowing they have a fan like you.
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#16 » by CelticsWin5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:38 am

castor777 wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
DontCheeseMe wrote:

. I'm sure you make the Celtics feel proud in knowing they have a fan like you.
funny I don't recall mentioning race anywhere ever. Everything must be racist to you .. I don't slap people or break their expensive personal property, so yes they are proud. We actually at the Celtics board all agreed with hood acting like a criminal thug so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. You support Thugs breaking phones and slapping people? You know nba players aren't above the law right?

I honestly just find it funny that you defend the despicable act hood committed. Like the other joker who mentioned something about trump earlier in this thread as if that's relevant. You want to defend hood somehow for some odd reason but can't so you change the subject to racism or trump
Yin Porzingod
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#17 » by Yin Porzingod » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 am

Anger is a pathetic to the dark side Rodney
"We literally just picked Bargnani 2.0" Im Coming Home on Kristaps being drafted number #4
"We drafted Steve Novak" ~ NoLayupRule :crazy:

:beer:
DontCheeseMe
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#18 » by DontCheeseMe » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
castor777 wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:are you feelings hurt? The definition of the word thug in meriam Webster as well as oxford is a criminal. By slapping someones haND and causing destruction to property costing $1000+ if the phone is broken, he absolutely committed a crime using physical force and he absolutely acted like a thug and not like a basketball player

. I'm sure you make the Celtics feel proud in knowing they have a fan like you.
funny I don't recall mentioning race anywhere ever. Everything must be racist to you .. I don't slap people or break their expensive personal property, so yes they are proud. We actually at the Celtics board all agreed with hood acting like a criminal thug so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. You support Thugs breaking phones and slapping people? You know nba players aren't above the law right?

I honestly just find it funny that you defend the despicable act hood committed. Like the other joker who mentioned something about trump earlier in this thread as if that's relevant. You want to defend hood somehow for some odd reason but can't so you change the subject to racism or trump

So taking issue with your blatant problematic word choices to characterize black athletes mean that we now support Rodney Hood doing something he shouldn't have? LOL.

Are you wearing that red hat right now? Yowza.
IG: @dontcheeseme
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,627

Post#19 » by Cappy_Smurf » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:33 am

I don't think you have to worry about a player assualting you way up in the nose bleed section.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"

Return to Wiretap Discussion