Kemba Walker Made Available In Trade Talks By Hornets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kemba Walker Made Available In Trade Talks By Hornets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm

The Charlotte Hornets are open to trading Kemba Walker ahead of this year's trade deadline.

The Hornets are looking to attach some of their bad contracts along with Walker, who earns just $12 million per season through 18-19.

Charlotte views a trade of Walker as a reset of the franchise.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Re: Kemba Walker Made Available In Trade Talks By Hornets 

Post#2 » by Joest2003 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Kemba will end up in San Antonio and take over the reigns from Parker. Calling it now. Pop will take this guy to the next level. Would be devastated to see him leave Charlotte though
JunkYardDog6ix
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,378

Post#3 » by JunkYardDog6ix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Joest2003 wrote:Kemba will end up in San Antonio and take over the reigns from Parker. Calling it now. Pop will take this guy to the next level. Would be devastated to see him leave Charlotte though

who would the spurs trade as salary filler ?
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#4 » by 6_Rings » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 pm

experiment is over. he's a SG not a PG. he was highly effective in that role. see his tandem with Lin.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#5 » by Psubs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

6_Rings wrote:experiment is over. he's a SG not a PG. he was highly effective in that role. see his tandem with Lin.

Wouldn't he look good paired beside tall PG Lonzo Ball? 8-)

Charlotte trades: Kemba Walker, Nicolas Batum and Julyan Stone
LA Lakers trade: Jordan Clarkson, Josh Hart, Luol Deng and Corey Brewer

Charlotte may actually play Deng.

PG Ball - Ennis
SG Kemba - Stone
SF Ingram - Kuzma
PF Randle - Nance
C Lopez - Zubac

This team actually looks good.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 pm

JunkYardDog6ix wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:Kemba will end up in San Antonio and take over the reigns from Parker. Calling it now. Pop will take this guy to the next level. Would be devastated to see him leave Charlotte though

who would the spurs trade as salary filler ?
Kemba is worth much more than salary-filler in a trade. I'm not a Hornets fan and I don't think he's a superstar but, esp given his low salary, his value as a player is easily worth real assets and not just salary relief (which the Hornets don't particularly need since they're above the cap but below the tax with or without Kemba).
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#7 » by Lalouie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Did anyone tell MJ that Olajuwon is not available... HE RETIRED already
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#8 » by Raptors Realtor » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Psubs wrote:
6_Rings wrote:experiment is over. he's a SG not a PG. he was highly effective in that role. see his tandem with Lin.

Wouldn't he look good paired beside tall PG Lonzo Ball? 8-)

Charlotte trades: Kemba Walker, Nicolas Batum and Julyan Stone
LA Lakers trade: Jordan Clarkson, Josh Hart, Luol Deng and Corey Brewer

Charlotte may actually play Deng.

PG Ball - Ennis
SG Kemba - Stone
SF Ingram - Kuzma
PF Randle - Nance
C Lopez - Zubac

This team actually looks good.

Don't see Charlotte taking back Deng's contract while also giving up the best player in the deal... The whole point is Charlotte wants to clear bad contracts, not assume them.
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#9 » by Dino353 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 pm

As a Knick fan I would love to see him in the Garden because I am quite frankly not a fan of this rebuild the Knicks are doing. They are all over the place, they don't know if they want to compete for the playoffs or are they rebuilding. I like Frank Ntilikina, he will be solid but he will never be the offensive option the Knicks will need to get to the next level.

The Knicks need to realize they need to convince Porzingis they are trying to win, Porzingis is a franchise player and they can't afford to lose him. Kemba Walker would instantly make the Knicks a top 10 offense, he would open up the floor for Porzingis and take an immense amount of pressure off him. I would move Frank,Willy, and that lottery pick for Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Walker-Hardaway Jr-Kidd-Gilchrist-Porzingis-Kanter

Now that is a formidable starting 5 which would be in the playoffs year after year and KP will be sure to stay.
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

Post#10 » by bpcox05 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Interesting thought. Maybe a Walker to SAS, Aldridge to 3rd team, ??? to Charlotte would get it done.

The Spurs could then make a couple more moves to get Gasol & Mills off their books to make space to sign LeBron. They could have a Walker/Green/Leonard/Gay/LeBron death lineup. Who comes out of the West at that point?
Hullajelolt
Junior
And1: 512

Post#11 » by Hullajelolt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

At this point, I think it's wise for them to burn down the house and start over. They have tradable, quality players, who just do not seem to put it together as a team for whatever reason. They are going nowhere with this group and Kemba will be too old to restart building around him.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#12 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 pm

It's always a "joy" seeing trade proposals involving the lakers of another teams best player. It never disappoints on a purely entertainment level.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#13 » by draftnightsuit » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Kemba doesn’t move the needle for the Spurs and what are they giving up? Patty Mills and a 1st?
blackstar
Rookie
And1: 239

Post#14 » by blackstar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Dino353 wrote:As a Knick fan I would love to see him in the Garden because I am quite frankly not a fan of this rebuild the Knicks are doing. They are all over the place, they don't know if they want to compete for the playoffs or are they rebuilding. I like Frank Ntilikina, he will be solid but he will never be the offensive option the Knicks will need to get to the next level.

The Knicks need to realize they need to convince Porzingis they are trying to win, Porzingis is a franchise player and they can't afford to lose him. Kemba Walker would instantly make the Knicks a top 10 offense, he would open up the floor for Porzingis and take an immense amount of pressure off him. I would move Frank,Willy, and that lottery pick for Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Now that is a formidable starting 5 which would be in the playoffs year after year and KP will be sure to stay.

FOH. Fans like you are what's been wrong with the Knicks for the last 20 years.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#15 » by WargamesX » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm

blackstar wrote:
Dino353 wrote:As a Knick fan I would love to see him in the Garden because I am quite frankly not a fan of this rebuild the Knicks are doing. They are all over the place, they don't know if they want to compete for the playoffs or are they rebuilding. I like Frank Ntilikina, he will be solid but he will never be the offensive option the Knicks will need to get to the next level.

Yeah I agree, it would be asinine to move all that youth for a guy who they could potentially just bring in FA in a two seasons.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#16 » by Knickstape7 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm

as a knick fan i i wanted him to stay on the team not get traded and join the knicks once he becomes a free agent he will deff consider coming here since hes a ny native and the knicks have the money to give him the max so its good for both clubs just hope the knicks will tank and get a high draft pick so we can get our future sf or c in this great draft class
PorzinGAWD wrote:
blackstar wrote:

Yeah I agree, it would be asinine to move all that youth for a guy who they could potentially just bring in FA in a two seasons.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#17 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm

blackstar wrote:

this x99999999999
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#18 » by spicy6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Cant think of a team that would trade for him not because of the talent but because they already have their future PG. SA doesnt have the right assets. Knicks but I doubt it? Really isnt a playoff team that I can think of that would trade for him. Maybe clippers also but doubt it.
gmehl1977
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#19 » by gmehl1977 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Kemba would fit nicely on the Pistons. Reggie Jackson and a lottery protected 1st for Kemba should get it done.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#20 » by draftnightsuit » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

blackstar wrote:

It’s amazing how some Knicks fans (and Dolan) are always willing to mortgage their future to go chase after whatever overrated brand name player is currently available. Even though that formula continues to fail, over and over again.

“The Knicks need to go get [insert middling “star” player]. This is the move to put the Knicks back on the map!”

Like clockwork.

Return to Wiretap Discussion