Clippers Trade Blake Griffin To Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Trade Blake Griffin To Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 am

The Clippers have agreed to trade Blake Griffin and Willie Reed to the Pistons for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, a first round pick and a second round pick. 

Via Shams Charania/Yahoo! Sports

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Clippers Trade Blake Griffin To Pistons 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 am

Broke it a little late
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#3 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 am

I think the Pistons are going to regret this for a long time.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:30 am

Blake must be super happy he's moving from LA to Detroit!
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#5 » by WhatsaTDot » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am

Mwd1981 wrote:Blake must be super happy he's moving from LA to Detroit!

I hear Detroit in February is lovely!

This place is insufferable.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am

Lol Clippers are the #1 stab you in the back organization. Blake trusted them by not demanding a no-trade clause in his contract and they ship him out months later. They break nba protocol by barricading Deandre in his Houston home after he makes public during the moratorium he wants to be a mav changing his mind and screwing another franchise. All this proves is that Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers are dirty douches and no player in the league should want to play for them. They don't keep their word or play by the rules.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 am

WhatsaTDot wrote:

The Canadian PM will hand Blake a nice winter coat like he does with Syrian and Haitian border skipping refugees
Sam195
Analyst

Post#8 » by Sam195 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:36 am

Sam195 wrote:
WhatsaTDot wrote:

The Canadian PM will hand Blake a nice winter coat like he does with Syrian and Haitian border skipping refugees

Blake Griffin Canada Goose endorsement deal I'm calling it now !!!
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#9 » by ClashCityRocker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 am

Dangit I wish we traded Tobias for blake instead of jennings and illyasova :banghead: :banghead:
Edit: I understand I'm oversimplifying it but based on our draft history I'm not
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 am

Sam195 wrote:Lol Clippers are the #1 stab you in the back organization. Blake trusted them by not demanding a no-trade clause in his contract and they ship him out months later. They break nba protocol by barricading Deandre in his Houston home after he makes public during the moratorium he wants to be a mav changing his mind and screwing another franchise. All this proves is that Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers are dirty douches and no player in the league should want to play for them. They don't keep their word or play by the rules.

He was in no position to ask for a no-trade clause. No rules were broken. What are you complaining about?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#11 » by TheCage4 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:11 am

Really poor deal for the Pistons IMO. They are now saddled with Blake’s contract, his proneness to injury and what I can only guess will be a less than sunnier disposition playing in the D (no disrespect towards Detroit natives). Plus, only a top 4 protection on their 1st surely means they will lose it sooner rather then later.

This looks to spark the full rebuild mode for LAC. Lou & Jordan better have their bags packed.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 am

I think Clippers did a good deal. They can probably keep Jordan for less than the max, and whilst Blake is good, it’s hard to build an offence around him. Big gamble for Pistons, but I guess they know they’re stuck with Drummond anyway, so they ride it out with Blake and Drummond for 4 years
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#13 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 am

dont think Tobias should be house-shopping in LA.

Jerry West is in tear-down phase. DJ next. DOC should look for property in Orlando.

No, LAC didnt stab Blake in the back. he's a tradeable asset
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#14 » by 12footrim » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 am

So what's that mean for DeAndre? I would think he's on his way out.

Boban time hopefully.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#15 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:58 am

12footrim wrote:So what's that mean for DeAndre? I would think he's on his way out.

Boban time hopefully.

if they can get a shortterm contract & 75cents on the dollar in return for DJ, he's gone.
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#16 » by teebonze » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 am

Sam195 wrote:They break nba protocol by barricading Deandre in his Houston home after he makes public during the moratorium he wants to be a mav changing his mind and screwing another franchise.

As a Mavericks fan I find nothing but great joy to see both CP3 & Blake Griffin who both were the biggest instigators in the DeAndre Jordan renege case to be traded by the Clippers for players beneath their talent levels.
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?
Sam195
Analyst

Post#17 » by Sam195 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Lol Clippers are the #1 stab you in the back organization. Blake trusted them by not demanding a no-trade clause in his contract and they ship him out months later. They break nba protocol by barricading Deandre in his Houston home after he makes public during the moratorium he wants to be a mav changing his mind and screwing another franchise. All this proves is that Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers are dirty douches and no player in the league should want to play for them. They don't keep their word or play by the rules.

He was in no position to ask for a no-trade clause. No rules were broken. What are you complaining about?

For example in the NBA, no-trade clauses can only be negotiated into contracts when a player has at least four years of service for the team he is signing the contract with and at least eight years total in the NBA. Blake plated 8 seasons and was eligible for ntc but he trusted Ballmer and didn't push hard for it. Now he is discarded like day old muffins fro mcdonalds.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#18 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:06 am

Sam195 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

For example in the NBA, no-trade clauses can only be negotiated into contracts when a player has at least four years of service for the team he is signing the contract with and at least eight years total in the NBA. Blake plated 8 seasons and was eligible for ntc but he trusted Ballmer and didn't push hard for it. Now he is discarded like day old muffins fro mcdonalds.

How many players currently have no-trade clauses?
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#19 » by luss54321 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 am

Sam195 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

I'm sure Blake did push hard for a no-trade clause... and if he didn't and he trusted a GM on a word-of-mouth guarantee not to trade him then he's an idiot. The fact of the matter is that LA was never interested in offering Blake a no trade clause. If Blake was firm on having a no trade clause, they would have let him walk in free agency. LA never truly believed in Blake as a franchise player which is why A) They didn't offer him a no trade clause, and B) They traded him.
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#20 » by Makaveli2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 am

Austin Rivers has a under the table no trade clause, does that count?
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Sam195 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:He was in no position to ask for a no-trade clause. No rules were broken. What are you complaining about?

How many players currently have no-trade clauses?

Return to Wiretap Discussion