Bulls Will Likely Sit Nikola Mirotic Through Trade Deadline

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Bulls Will Likely Sit Nikola Mirotic Through Trade Deadline 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 pm

The Chicago Bulls will keep Nikola Mirotic from playing in Wednesday's game and presumably through the trade deadline on Feb. 8th.

The Bulls are attempting to trade Mirotic, who can veto a trade.

Chicago and the Pelicans were close to a trade of Mirotic this week.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Re: Bulls Will Likely Sit Nikola Mirotic Through Trade Deadline 

Post#2 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 pm

I don’t think Mirotic will fetch much. Atlanta would probably let you have Ilyasova for a 2nd, and he’s pretty much same player. He’ll only go to a good situation, and that team will know bulls just want to be off hook for next years salary
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:01 am

Orlando could be a good spot for him, if bulls took Fournier back. Orlando have a horrible cap sheet. Probably have to give magic a protected 1st though
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#4 » by HotelVitale » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:59 am

Mwd1981 wrote:I don’t think Mirotic will fetch much. Atlanta would probably let you have Ilyasova for a 2nd, and he’s pretty much same player.

They're not at all alike, seems like pretty clear example of 'two euros who can shoot must be same player.' Ersan is 100% a catch-and-shoot player and Niko can put it on the deck or create his own shot. Mirotic is inconsistent but this year he's been way better than Ilyasova has ever been.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#5 » by inquisitive » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:01 am

why not ask him which teams he prefers to be traded to instead of trying to trade him to a team that he might veto.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
trix17
Sophomore
And1: 172

Post#6 » by trix17 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:09 am

How can he veto a trade...? Serious question I have no idea.
trix17
Sophomore
And1: 172

Post#7 » by trix17 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:12 am

trix17 wrote:How can he veto a trade...? Serious question I have no idea.

Never mind, google helped me. Had no idea that could happen.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:16 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:I don’t think Mirotic will fetch much. Atlanta would probably let you have Ilyasova for a 2nd, and he’s pretty much same player.

They're not at all alike, seems like pretty clear example of 'two euros who can shoot must be same player.' Ersan is 100% a catch-and-shoot player and Niko can put it on the deck or create his own shot. Mirotic is inconsistent but this year he's been way better than Ilyasova has ever been.

Not enough better for 12.5 mil next year
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#9 » by HotelVitale » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:27 am

Mwd1981 wrote:Orlando could be a good spot for him, if bulls took Fournier back. Orlando have a horrible cap sheet. Probably have to give magic a protected 1st though

ORL's situation's not good but it's not 'horrible.' They'll have $15-20m in space this offseason and then half their roster expires after that. Don't think they're in aggressive sell mode for cap reasons.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,792

Post#10 » by MetalFingaz » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:32 am

Mwd1981 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Not enough better for 12.5 mil next year

I know a lot of posters on this board don't actually watch or pay attention to basketball, but Niko is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league and has a 22 PER (16.7 for his career).
It's time for 5 refs.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:06 am

HotelVitale wrote:

Ersan is a better defender tho.

Would love to know what derailed the trade with the Pels.

The Jazz can use him?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#12 » by GimmeDat » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:57 am

Wonder if anyone in these comments has actually watched Mirotic play? Far better than Ilyasova and definitely a better defender.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#13 » by Nikola » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:15 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

The Jazz can use him?

Their is literally not one facet of the game Ilysova is better at. I mean I know you guys don't watch Mirotic play, but could you even get yourselves to look at a stat sheet.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#14 » by luss54321 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 4:10 am

First off, Ilyasova is trash. That's disrespectful to even suggest the Bulls would trade for him. Dude is a scrub.

Second, why do people always suggest trades that involve two players who play the same position and have the same general skill set. What's the point of that...? Oh hey, you know what sounds great, let's trade Mirotic for a worse version of Mirotic like Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson. Forget that we just drafted stud PF... think about what the Bulls actually need and want. A stretch 4 is literally their last need in the world right now.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#15 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2018 5:24 am

Does anyone who bought tickets to games involving the Bulls during this stretch get offered a refund? They should. I should also get a partial credit back for my league pass.

Teams continue to find more and more reasons to sit players. The product is continuing to deteriorate.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Feb 1, 2018 5:34 am

luss54321 wrote:First off, Ilyasova is trash. That's disrespectful to even suggest the Bulls would trade for him. Dude is a scrub.

Second, why do people always suggest trades that involve two players who play the same position and have the same general skill set. What's the point of that...? Oh hey, you know what sounds great, let's trade Mirotic for a worse version of Mirotic like Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson. Forget that we just drafted stud PF... think about what the Bulls actually need and want. A stretch 4 is literally their last need in the world right now.

Easy tiger....

Ersan is an expiring contract, which is exactly the position the Bulls would like to fill. If they can get off of Mirotic's salary and add a 2nd round pick they will be happy. Sure, if they can get a good player in return I'm sure they would take it, but I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately, Ersan is also a one-year bird player who would also need to approve the trade. Who's going to approve a trade to a team trying to lose, especially in a contract year? Both players say no. So all the talk about Ersan is pointless anyway.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 6:50 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
luss54321 wrote:First off, Ilyasova is trash. That's disrespectful to even suggest the Bulls would trade for him. Dude is a scrub.

Easy tiger....

Ersan is an expiring contract, which is exactly the position the Bulls would like to fill. If they can get off of Mirotic's salary and add a 2nd round pick they will be happy. Sure, if they can get a good player in return I'm sure they would take it, but I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately, Ersan is also a one-year bird player who would also need to approve the trade. Who's going to approve a trade to a team trying to lose, especially in a contract year? Both players say no. So all the talk about Ersan is pointless anyway.

Was never suggesting an Ersan for Nikola trade. My point was, teams aren’t going to give up a lot for Nikola, as evidenced by the abandoned Pels trade where bulls were going to have to take on Asik to get the 1st Rounder. Nikola doesn’t change the league pecking order. The Bulls will get a 2nd rounder from whatever contender wants him, or take a bad contract back for a 1st
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#18 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:19 am

Nikola wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:They're not at all alike, seems like pretty clear example of 'two euros who can shoot must be same player.' Ersan is 100% a catch-and-shoot player and Niko can put it on the deck or create his own shot. Mirotic is inconsistent but this year he's been way better than Ilyasova has ever been.

The Jazz can use him?

Their is literally not one facet of the game Ilysova is better at. I mean I know you guys don't watch Mirotic play, but could you even get yourselves to look at a stat sheet.

Well, I have watched several games Mirotic played and he didn't do very well there. It could be the wrong matchups.

I have watched several games Ilyasova played and he did pretty well in them. He hustles more, is a bit tougher with quicker hands and most important of all, he is one of the best in the league in drawing charges; those could be game changers and make slashers think twice driving into the lane. Mirotic is younger, more healthy and probably more motivated at this stage.

Statwise, according to basketball-reference.com, Mirotic had good defensive ratings in his first year but not so good after that. Ilyasova is all over the place, seems like he's sometimes injured or not as interested. But he did have many years of better ratings.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:51 am

Ok, get over the Ilyasova thing, it was just an example of what else is out there. Mirotic doesn’t want to decline his 12.5 mill for next year. Teams aren’t going to give up a whole lot to pay Mirotic 12.5 mill next year. He’s a role player.

Return to Wiretap Discussion