Rockets Interested In Trading For George Hill

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Rockets Interested In Trading For George Hill 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:54 am

The Sacramento Kings have received trade interest on George Hill from both the Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.

The Kings could trade Hill in a one-for-one swap with Houston for Ryan Anderson, who is a native of Sacramento. Anderson has two more seasons left on his deal at $41 million.

The Kings want to maintain financial flexibility and the final season of Hill's three-year deal is partially guaranteed.

The Kings and Cavaliers have discussed a deal involving Hill for several weeks.

Via Jason Jones/Sacramento Bee

BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
And1: 36

Re: Rockets Interested In Trading For George Hill 

Post#2 » by BooRadleysHouse » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:01 am

I don’t get this at all. Houston is already slightly lean in the frontcourt and adding another point guard seems pointless. And Sacramento wants Ryan Anderson’s contract because he is a local? Rubbish.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#3 » by Rek » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:19 am

BooRadleysHouse wrote:I don’t get this at all. Houston is already slightly lean in the frontcourt and adding another point guard seems pointless. And Sacramento wants Ryan Anderson’s contract because he is a local? Rubbish.

Houston would do this trade in a heartbeat. Hill is MUCH easier to trade away to another team than Anderson. If they can unload Anderson, without a doubt they will be looking for a way to then unload Hill this summer so they can try and insert themselves into the LeBron sweepstakes. They'll worry about frontcourt depth later if they can find a way to land Bron.

FWIW - I'm not a Houston fan. But, it seems pretty evident to me that LBJ would be the goal if they actually did trade for George Hill. Additionally, Hill can provide a decent insurance policy in the event that Houston and CP3 aren't able to agree on terms for a new contract this summer. But, I don't think that is why they would have interest in acquiring him in the first place. Just a secondary benefit.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,076

Post#4 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:19 am

BooRadleysHouse wrote:I don’t get this at all. Houston is already slightly lean in the frontcourt and adding another point guard seems pointless. And Sacramento wants Ryan Anderson’s contract because he is a local? Rubbish.

For the Rockets they perhaps view Hill's contract as easier to move after this season, due to the last year of Hill's deal being guaranteed at only $1 million.
For the Kings? Who the hell knows. It's the Kings.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#5 » by BooRadleysHouse » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:25 am

Rek wrote:

Houston would do this trade in a heartbeat. Hill is MUCH easier to trade away to another team than Anderson. If they can unload Anderson, without a doubt they will be looking for a way to then unload Hill this summer so they can try and insert themselves into the LeBron sweepstakes. They'll worry about frontcourt depth later if they can find a way to land Bron.

FWIW - I'm not a Houston fan. But, it seems pretty evident to me that LBJ would be the goal if they actually did trade for George Hill. Additionally, Hill can provide a decent insurance policy in the event that Houston and CP3 aren't able to agree on terms for a new contract this summer. But, I don't think that is why they would have interest in acquiring him in the first place. Just a secondary benefit.

I see your point there, but what about this season? I guess they play Mbah a Moute massive minutes and move Tucker and Nene into the backup 4? I know Anderson is not great, but he can still give quality minutes to them at the 4. I’m just having a hard time understanding how this helps them win a title this year.
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 630

Post#6 » by Pipp33 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:39 am

BooRadleysHouse wrote:
Rek wrote:

I see your point there, but what about this season? I guess they play Mbah a Moute massive minutes and move Tucker and Nene into the backup 4? I know Anderson is not great, but he can still give quality minutes to them at the 4. I’m just having a hard time understanding how this helps them win a title this year.

Hill will also be cover for when CP3 inevitably breaks down in the 2nd half of the season or playoffs
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#7 » by inquisitive » Thu Feb 8, 2018 3:09 am

If this story is true then i get it for Houston. Rockets won't have to add multiple picks. Either it is a 1:1 swap or Rockets add additional 2nd rd pick. Hill will be easier to move in the summer knowing he is an expiring deal and a player some team will really want to help them.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#8 » by inquisitive » Thu Feb 8, 2018 3:11 am

Moving Hill in the summer means Rockets going after you know who... :wink:
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#9 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Feb 8, 2018 4:12 am

If Hill is easier to move than Anderson, then why would the Kings want Anderson? Makes no sense. The Kings do this deal if they obviously think they can get rid of Anderson. The story states that the Kings want financial flexibility.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#10 » by Roddy B for 3 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 4:52 am

The Mavericks got Tyson Chandler trading a contract very similar to George Hills.

I bet Mory wants to swap Anderson for Hill. A really savvy move if he can pull it off without attaching two many assets.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:33 am

Pretty sure the Rockets need to give up some kinda picks
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#12 » by Makaveli2 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:50 am

Ariza and tucker will get majority of the pf minutes and if needed they can give some to luc and some garbage minutes to zhou qi. How many backupuos do they need especially when it gets to the playoffs. As far as center goes there’s capela , nene, and black. Ryan Anderson is pretty decent but they his cap space is high and it’s quite obvious they want cap space in the offseason to go after lbj.
BooRadleysHouse wrote:
Rek wrote:

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#13 » by Sam195 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 11:41 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:If Hill is easier to move than Anderson, then why would the Kings want Anderson? Makes no sense. The Kings do this deal if they obviously think they can get rid of Anderson. The story states that the Kings want financial flexibility.

No it isn't there is a rule in the new cba that if players with non-guaranteed deals get traded their new team has to guarantee that salary unless the traded player wants the buyout option exercised. This rule was put in place to stop salary dump, waive and sign transactions like when the cavs traded Illgauskas to wizards in a deal for Antawn Jamison then he was waived and resigned with Cavs for cheap. If Rockets acquire Hill he will cost more than Ryan Anderson but they are betting like Lou Williams and Eric Gordon before him he will excel in D'antoni's offense and raise his trade value where they could either keep him or salary dump him to a third team without having to give up assets. Hill's agent already told the Cavs he won't exert the buyout/team option on his contract if he is traded.
iamj
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by iamj » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:09 pm

A move i called BS on this off season. While plenty of people were applauding Sac for having the best off season in the league :roll:

Oil and water dont mix. Made absolutely no sense to sign Hill, Vince, and Zach. If u wanna bring in OGs bring in a 'Juwan Howard on the Heat' last man on the bench guy to lead these guys OFF the court. You dont bring them in to actually play when they're not going to add wins

Return to Wiretap Discussion