Lakers Trade Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. To Cavs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Trade Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. To Cavs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:08 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to trade Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

sunsswish
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Lakers Trade Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. To Cavs 

Post#2 » by sunsswish » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:14 pm

Horrible trade for the cavs
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#3 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:15 pm

Unbelievable......
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:16 pm

sunsswish wrote:Horrible trade for the cavs

Yeah, is this even real life :lol: . Clarkson is bad money no one seemed to want, and they sold IT for pennys on the dollar, a 1st and even salary relief in Fryes expiring. Then they will have to pay Nance next year anyway I think. This makes no sense at all.

This is going to be awful.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
devilsace
Junior
And1: 334

Post#5 » by devilsace » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:17 pm

Wow...i don't know how else to describe this but WOW
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#6 » by DthTrap » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:19 pm

Larry Nance Jr. is a plus no doubt but Clarkson is ball dominant and isnt committed on d.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,560

Post#7 » by Harry Garris » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:23 pm

My initial reaction to this would be WTF
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#8 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:23 pm

Ahhhh I love the NBA trade deadline. Something new to watch now. Let's see how this works out for the Cavs.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Harry Garris » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:24 pm

DthTrap wrote:Larry Nance Jr. is a plus no doubt but Clarkson is ball dominant and isnt committed on d.

Still he has the size and athleticism to be a decent defender. IT even at full health and fully committed remains a terrible defender because he's so small. Much more upside this way.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:25 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Ahhhh I love the NBA trade deadline. Something new to watch now. Let's see how this works out for the Cavs.

There has to be more to this and another trade line up is all I can think.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#11 » by alienpick » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:28 pm

12footrim wrote:

Yeah, is this even real life :lol: . Clarkson is bad money no one seemed to want, and they sold IT for pennys on the dollar, a 1st and even salary relief in Fryes expiring. Then they will have to pay Nance next year anyway I think. This makes no sense at all.

They must be banking on a Kemba trade. I know IT wasn't working for them, but they have a huge hole at PG again. They have a broken Rose and Calderon at point. Definitely seems bad unless a Kemba trade follows
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:29 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
DthTrap wrote:Larry Nance Jr. is a plus no doubt but Clarkson is ball dominant and isnt committed on d.

Still he has the size and athleticism to be a decent defender. IT even at full health and fully committed remains a terrible defender because he's so small. Much more upside this way.

More upside than the guy that has averaged 20 and 6 multiple times in his career under multiple coaches, or finished 5th in the MVP voting last year on a #1 seed? No way either Nance or Clark have more upside. He's still coming off injury, why wouldn't you wait on him and hope he got his form back. It's so dumb, especially if you have to give up Frye's expiring and a 1st just to get Clarkson and Nance. That makes no sense. None. Hell IT is an expiring that had value as well. Id rather let him walk than have Clarkson at 12 million on the books. Clarkson is almost equally as bad on D this year.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:31 pm

alienpick wrote:
12footrim wrote:

They must be banking on a Kemba trade. I know IT wasn't working for them, but they have a huge hole at PG again. They have a broken Rose and Calderon at point. Definitely seems bad unless a Kemba trade follows

I agree, there has to be more to this. Altman/Gilbert didn't look this incompetent.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#14 » by lonea » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:32 pm

well...

seems like isaah's brinks truck had left the station.
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#15 » by DthTrap » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:34 pm

Do u start Clarkson at Pg or Calderon? The 2nd unit is 4 D Wade and Clarkson is ball dominant. How will it work out?
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#16 » by artsncrafts » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks goodness Frye is gone, that guy carried the Cavs in the playoffs.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
iamj
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#17 » by iamj » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:37 pm

Huh?

The initial acquisition for IT is a sunk cost. You cant analyze that as part of this. So viewing IT strictly for what he is right now at this minute, and factoring in his defensive and media blunders, his trade value was ZERO.

What team in their right mind would trade for IT?!?! Well they found the 1 team thats not in their right mind, the 1 team that can afford (so they think) to give away assets.

Jordan Clarkson is a version of what IT was supposed to be for them---instant offense, 3's--- and they get longer, younger, and more athletic with Nance. They desperately needed to get younger. Great trade
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Harry Garris » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:38 pm

12footrim wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:

More upside than the guy that has averaged 20 and 6 multiple times in his career under multiple coaches, or finished 5th in the MVP voting last year on a #1 seed? No way either Nance or Clark have more upside. He's still coming off injury, why wouldn't you wait on him and hope he got his form back. It's so dumb, especially if you have to give up Frye's expiring and a 1st just to get Clarkson and Nance. That makes no sense. None. Hell IT is an expiring that had value as well. Id rather let him walk than have Clarkson at 12 million on the books. Clarkson is almost equally as bad on D this year.

More defensive upside. Especially with Larry Nance who I think you're really underrating. Also the Cavs morale has been awful since IT came back so I think a big reason for this trade was addition by subtraction just to get rid of him.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#19 » by luss54321 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:40 pm

Isaiah Thomas is the WORST defender in the NBA. His defensive efficiency ranks dead last. Offensively he domiates the ball and you want the ball in LeBron hands. I've been saying it all year, IT is not a good player. You don't want him on your team. Cavs did a great job getting younger, more athletic, and better defensively.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#20 » by itsme23 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:42 pm

Cavs management is a disaster

Return to Wiretap Discussion