LeBron James Likes Cleveland's Trade Acquisitions

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Likes Cleveland's Trade Acquisitions 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:34 pm

LeBron James likes the moves the Cleveland Cavaliers made ahead of the deadline on Thursday in which they acquired Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr., Rodney Hood and George Hill.

"I think we became a younger team, more athletic. We added some more shooting as well. So, we'll have to see how it meshes," James said. "I like the pieces that we have coming in."

The Cavaliers will have to quickly incorporate those four players into their rotation.

"It's my job to get these guys integrated as fast as possible," James said Friday. "I know the coaching staff and [coach] T Lue is going to do it as well, but it's my job to get these guys on the same page with us where we want to accomplish what we want to do. I look forward to getting them here. ... All four of them are pretty smart guys, and it should be fun."

The Cavaliers sent out Isaiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Jae Crowder, Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose.

"It's always tough when you lose teammates," James said. "The trade deadline is always a difficult time for everybody. ... I wish it could've been a lot better than it was. I definitely wish all six guys ... the best."

Via ESPN

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Re: LeBron James Likes Cleveland's Trade Acquisitions 

Post#2 » by jirrit » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:43 pm

The Almighty has spoken

Amen
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#3 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:58 pm

Glad you approve LeBron.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#4 » by hyberx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 am

It will be a quick integration of those 4 in no time. Just tell them to stand at the same corners the last 4 stood, then watch LBJ P&R and ISO all day. Done.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 am

Doesn't mean he will resign
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:15 am

They have some time, if healthy, they won't have much problem first round in the playoffs, probably not much in the 2nd round as well.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
dantheman74
Senior
And1: 299

Post#7 » by dantheman74 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:42 am

Spoiler alert, he gets a guest appearance and wins Game of thrones.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#8 » by alienpick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:47 am

Still not making the Finals
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#9 » by caronimo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:35 am

Well....he lost couple wing defenders in crowder and shumpert (not that they were playing all thar great but still)
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#10 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm

"it should be fun" - I can't recall a single teammate in recent memory that said they enjoyed the circus known as playing with Lebron.

"It's always tough when you lose teammates" - this guy is so sad, he can't even be real that he didn't like half of the guys that left. It doesn't make him "a bigger person" or anything like that,
it's just sad he can't be honest. Really...
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#11 » by caronimo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Oden2 wrote:Doesn't mean he will resign

Exactly. He probably won't.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#12 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:30 pm

"It's my job to get these guys integrated as fast as possible," James said Friday. "I know the coaching staff and [coach] T Lue is going to do it as well, but it's my job to get these guys on the same page with us where we want to accomplish what we want to do

Nice of him to acknowledge Lue's role in integrating players into rotations and plans. And here I thought Lue just did whatever LBJ told him to do.

Clearly I was mistaken.
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#13 » by DthTrap » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:39 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:They have some time, if healthy, they won't have much problem first round in the playoffs, probably not much in the 2nd round as well.

They play Celtics 2nd round if the playoffs started today. Im not dure it will be that easy but i hope they beat Boston and teach Kyrie a lesson.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#14 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:"it should be fun" - I can't recall a single teammate in recent memory that said they enjoyed the circus known as playing with Lebron.

Rightttt, thats why every year you dont have veterans joining the cavs for minimum for a shot at the title.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 am

DthTrap wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:They have some time, if healthy, they won't have much problem first round in the playoffs, probably not much in the 2nd round as well.

They play Celtics 2nd round if the playoffs started today. Im not dure it will be that easy but i hope they beat Boston and teach Kyrie a lesson.

Woo, the ranking just changed!

It would be an interesting matchup, now with Hill guarding Kyrie. If Kyrie is slowed, can the two youngsters play well enough? Can they defend LBJ?

I doubt the Celts can beat the Cavs without Hayward.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#16 » by Scott Hall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am

Of course he did he's the one that made them lol

Return to Wiretap Discussion