Isaiah Thomas: I Got My Powers Back With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Isaiah Thomas: I Got My Powers Back With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Isaiah Thomas had 22 points and six assist in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I wanted to bring something to the table," Thomas said. "I felt like I got my powers back playing on this team."

Thomas was dealt by the Cavaliers to the Lakers at the deadline. Thomas struggled in 15 games with Cleveland.

"I was shocked," Thomas said of the trade. "It was a surprise, but at the same time, I am happy to have a new start, I am happy to be here with the Lakers, happy to be with a young team that is exciting, that likes to get up and down. That's my style of play. I am here to help in any way possible. It's a fresh start for me. I am excited.

"It kind of reminds me of the same situation when I got traded to Boston. It was a young team that was thinking rebuild, but we had some different thoughts than that, and we made a push to the playoffs. That is my job: to come to this team and bring that spirit, that fire, that killer's mentality and just understand that we can take advantage of this opportunity that we have [the rest of] the season. It's about winning, and it is about winning right now."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Isaiah Thomas: I Got My Powers Back With Lakers 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm

He better be ready for another fresh start cause he’ll be elsewhere next season unless Magic and Co. are over Lonzo & his family.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#3 » by The Laker Kid » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Is he gonna grow??
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
RoundMound
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#4 » by RoundMound » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm

:crazy:
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#5 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Just more proof that Lebron doesn't make the players around him better. IT was an MVP candidate before Lebron and back to an easy 20 ppg scorer without him again. It was not a bad fit as much as it was Lebron refusing the share the ball and use IT's gifts. He left IT out on an island and didn't put him in situations where he could succeed. This example is very clear.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#6 » by the_process » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Lakers lost the game. To Dallas.

IT is a bigger minus on D than he is a plus on O, unless Brad Stevens is his coach. I love that acquisition for LA, as I would like lots of Laker losses to end the year!

And I’m glad he “has his powers back” :lol: Keep the ball away from all those youngins out there IT. Need you to get them back to that 6th position.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#7 » by Plutonashfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Hoopzilla wrote:Just more proof that Lebron doesn't make the players around him better. IT was an MVP candidate before Lebron and back to an easy 20 ppg scorer without him again. It was not a bad fit as much as it was Lebron refusing the share the ball and use IT's gifts. He left IT out on an island and didn't put him in situations where he could succeed. This example is very clear.

Literally one of the most false statements I read on this site. Are you blind, did you even watch a Cavs game with him in it, Did LBJ help miss all those shots? He would jack up 15 shots a night make about 3 of them and proceed to get blocked repeatedly and have dumb turnovers by jumping in air and passing it the opponents. All the while playing the worst defense in League by a Wide margin. Jesus Christ what the hell you typed couldn't be farther from truth. Shame on you.
The Champ is HERE!!!
FiveSquared25
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#8 » by FiveSquared25 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Plutonashfan wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Hoopzilla wrote:Just more proof that Lebron doesn't make the players around him better. IT was an MVP candidate before Lebron and back to an easy 20 ppg scorer without him again. It was not a bad fit as much as it was Lebron refusing the share the ball and use IT's gifts. He left IT out on an island and didn't put him in situations where he could succeed. This example is very clear.

Literally one of the most false statements I read on this site. Are you blind, did you even watch a Cavs game with him in it, Did LBJ help miss all those shots? He would jack up 15 shots a night make about 3 of them and proceed to get blocked repeatedly and have dumb turnovers by jumping in air and passing it the opponents. All the while playing the worst defense in League by a Wide margin. Jesus Christ what the hell you typed couldn't be farther from truth. Shame on you.

Classic RealGM
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#9 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm

The Cavs left him on an island. They ran no screens for him to get the ball, ever. What about Lebron's fantastic passing? Lebron literally left IT out there to score iso or not at all. Your fatal flaw is not recognising this. IT jacked up shots, because he is a scorer, he had to get rid of the rust and get his game going. If the Cavs gave him any screens to come off and catch and shoot, he would have been fine. That is what he did in Boston and not giving him any opportunities to do that is idiotic at best.

I love when someone says it is one of the worst posts they have seen on this board, because it shows how ignorant to the truth those people are. Speaking of the worst defense in the NBA, are you also blind to the fact that Lebron had the worst +/- in the entire league for the month of January? :lol:

When Lebron was basically the worst player in the entire league and he refuses to put IT into any successful positions on the court, I don't blame IT for not playing well, you blame Lebron for sabotaging it. You can't say Lebron is intelligent and then watch him not put IT in a position to succeed on the court. You can't have it both ways. The dumpster fire in Cleveland was not IT's problem, the team was brutal before he even came back...

You have to be the most blind person on this board if you cannot see that, literally.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#10 » by Plutonashfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:

The Cavs left him on an island. They ran no screens for him to get the ball, ever. What about Lebron's fantastic passing? Lebron literally left IT out there to score iso or not at all. Your fatal flaw is not recognising this. He jacked up shots, because he is a scorer. If the Cavs gave him any screen to come off and catch and shoot, he would have been fine. That is what he did in Boston and not giving him any opportunities to do that is idiotic at best.

I love when someone says it is one of the worst posts they have seen on this board, because it shows how ignorant to the truth those people are. Speaking of the worst defense in the NBA, are you also blind to the fact that Lebron had the worst +/- in the entire league for the month of January? :lol:

When Lebron was basically the worst player in the entire league and he refuses to put IT into any successful positions on the court, I don't blame IT for not playing well, you blame Lebron for sabotaging it. You can't say Lebron is intelligent and then watch him not put IT in a position to succeed on the court. You can't have it both ways. The dumpster fire in Cleveland was not IT's problem, the team was brutal before he even came back...

You have to be the most blind person on this board if you cannot see that, literally.

Not even going to justify an answer the dribble you keep posting except to point the reason he had to worst plus/minus is that he played the most minutes on the team and the entire team sucked causing a huge negative hence the loses racking up. Anyhow have a nice day Skip.
The Champ is HERE!!!
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#11 » by caronimo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:50 pm

The word "powers" just makes it sound so phony
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#12 » by TMU » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm

One game against one of the worst teams in the league and dude is making it like he won the championship. :-?
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#13 » by gdog2004 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:26 pm

IT can be great for a team if he is surrounded by defenders. If not his "Powers" don't mean jack .
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#14 » by nedleeds » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:43 pm

You lost to Dallas while committing 6 turnovers, a +/- of 0 while being completely exploited on defense. Nice mutant power.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Gang of Four
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#15 » by Gang of Four » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:04 pm

TMU wrote:One game against one of the worst teams in the league and dude is making it like he won the championship. :-?

So saying that he is happy to be on a "young team" that is "thinking rebuild" is making it like he won a championship? If you say so.

Code: Select all

001011010010110100101110001000000010111000101101001000000010110100101110001000000010110100101101001011100010000000101111001011010010110100101101001000000010111000101110001011010010111000100000001011110010111000101110001011100010111000101101
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#16 » by Marty McFly » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 pm

:lol:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#17 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Plutonashfan wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

The Cavs left him on an island. They ran no screens for him to get the ball, ever. What about Lebron's fantastic passing? Lebron literally left IT out there to score iso or not at all. Your fatal flaw is not recognising this. He jacked up shots, because he is a scorer. If the Cavs gave him any screen to come off and catch and shoot, he would have been fine. That is what he did in Boston and not giving him any opportunities to do that is idiotic at best.

Not even going to justify an answer the dribble you keep posting except to point the reason he had to worst plus/minus is that he played the most minutes on the team and the entire team sucked causing a huge negative hence the loses racking up. Anyhow have a nice day Skip.

:lol: You have no response because I am correct.

Now you are trying to blame Lebron's horrendous +/- on his teammates? You Lebron nut hugger's life in denial certainly knows no boundaries. Have a nice day Daisy.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#18 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Good to hear IT
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm

nedleeds wrote:You lost to Dallas while committing 6 turnovers, a +/- of 0 while being completely exploited on defense. Nice mutant power.

Lebron is averagin 4.4 TO per game. He has had 6+ turnovers 17 times this season, including 11 TO vs. the mighty Pacers... just stop it! And a +/- of 0 isn't bad when your team is -7. Only one Laker had a positive +/-.

gdog2004 wrote:IT can be great for a team if he is surrounded by defenders. If not his "Powers" don't mean jack .

The Cavs were at the bottom of the league in defensive rating before Isaiah came back... you also need to stop it!

TMU wrote:One game against one of the worst teams in the league and dude is making it like he won the championship. :-?

He's been with the Lakers for 5 minutes... and they weren't good before he got there. He doesn't know them and they don't know him. Yet his teammates were moving the ball and setting screens for him. It's almost like they have a coach with an offensive system in place.

The Cavs had 5 months to plan for his return and failed drastically. The Cavs offense is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen, but the Cavs help defense has been non-existent. It was that way before IT came back and we are about to watch a whole new batch of Cavs under achieve.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#20 » by nedleeds » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
nedleeds wrote:You lost to Dallas while committing 6 turnovers, a +/- of 0 while being completely exploited on defense. Nice mutant power.

Lebron is averagin 4.4 TO per game. He has had 6+ turnovers 17 times this season, including 11 TO vs. the mighty Pacers... just stop it! And a +/- of 0 isn't bad when your team is -7. Only one Laker had a positive +/-.

So? You think I'm defending LeFlop? **** him too.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.

Return to Wiretap Discussion