John Wall, Marcin Gortat Clear The Air In Meeting

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

John Wall, Marcin Gortat Clear The Air In Meeting 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

John Wall and Marcin Gortat met privately last week to clear the air following public comments from both parties about the other.

Both players requested the sit-down, which facilitated the airing of grievances. The two still have work to do, however, to mend the relationship.

Following a win on Feb. 1st with Wall rehabbing from knee surgery, Gortat published the following Tweet:

Wall reached out to Gortat via text asking him to direct any issues to him and not via social media.

Gortat has explained that his tweet was never intended as a jab at Wall.

Wall was asked about the Tweet on SportsCenter.

"It was more just shock to hear it from him, understanding he gets the most assists from me and the most spoon-fed baskets ever."

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Re: John Wall, Marcin Gortat Clear The Air In Meeting 

Post#2 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Does it have anything to do with this?

hoopsfan2424
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#3 » by hoopsfan2424 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 pm

wall: "please don't kill me Polish Hammer."
hoopsfan2424
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#4 » by hoopsfan2424 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

GaaBaaBoo wrote:Does it have anything to do with this?

hahaha. jeez i'd be livid with wall for that one. might require a rhinoplasty.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#5 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Wall: don't be calling me out through social media he goes an says. 2 minutes later he has no problem throwing Marcin under the bus. Wow. Unprofessional wussy as fak. Your entire team is soft. Funny to see how Wall doesn't have the first clue how to take responsibility for anything.
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#6 » by caronimo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 am

Happy festivus and the airing of grievances
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm

So I'm guessing Wall is the problem then.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#8 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:49 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Wall: don't be calling me out through social media he goes an says. 2 minutes later he has no problem throwing Marcin under the bus. Wow. Unprofessional wussy as fak. Your entire team is soft. Funny to see how Wall doesn't have the first clue how to take responsibility for anything.

Apparently calling your teammate out on national television is acceptable, but via Twitter is not. The more you know...
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Wall is the one guy on the team who has no right to discuss with his teammates about calling people out. Kind of ridiculous that hes pulling this off with the comments he has made in the past about Beal & Porter. I sense this team will be different after the offseason with John Wall being jettisoned. Watch out for the Cavs with that BK pick as I believe this team is just not going to rise to the top. Maybe they go about the plan like the Raptors which has proven to be a winning team consistent and a top team in the EAST which has not occurred as of yet with WAS

RickB-Orlando wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Wall: don't be calling me out through social media he goes an says. 2 minutes later he has no problem throwing Marcin under the bus. Wow. Unprofessional wussy as fak. Your entire team is soft. Funny to see how Wall doesn't have the first clue how to take responsibility for anything.

Apparently calling your teammate out on national television is acceptable, but via Twitter is not. The more you know...
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#10 » by dice » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:08 pm

caronimo wrote:Happy festivus and the airing of grievances

the meeting was to conduct feats of strength
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#11 » by dice » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 pm

unless they had prior issues, there is absolutely NO reason to believe that that tweet has anything to do with john wall. and BOTH players requested the meeting? yeah, don't think so. I kinda hope that gortat let one rip at the air clearing meeting and then walked out of the room
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#12 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 pm

sounds cool

Return to Wiretap Discussion