James Harden: Chris Paul Saw Something In Me He Didn't See In Anybody Else

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

James Harden: Chris Paul Saw Something In Me He Didn't See In Anybody Else 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm

James Harden and Chris Paul have had a successful start to their partnership that they themselves worked together to create last offseason.

“Obviously, Chris wanted to get out of LA and he chose here and so far, so good,” Harden said. “He saw something in me that he didn’t see in anybody else, or any other organization. So far, this year has been a fun one.”

Paul is endorsing Harden for MVP, declaring “it’s not even going to be close.”

“Have you been watching? A lot of people just get the alert on their phones. Double-double, triple-double, whatever,” Paul told Yahoo Sports, in response to question about Harden’s case for the honor. “I watch every game that comes on, every night. If you’re just getting alerts on your phone and see what the stats are, you don’t know what’s happening. I see the work that he puts in day in and day out. I see what our record is and how many games I’ve been out [11-7]. We got a ways to go but to me, I get a chance to see what he does for our team.”

Via Michael Lee/Yahoo! Sports

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: James Harden: Chris Paul Saw Something In Me He Didn't See In Anybody Else 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 pm

It was actually most likely I who got Chris Paul to Houston.

I sent him a tweet saying that Houston would be awesome if they just had his brain out there making the decisions and putting the ball in the right people's hands at the right time. Within a day or 2, the news then broke he was going to Houston.

Just throwing it out there . . . just throwing it out there.
commentatorer
Sixth Man
And1: 815

Post#3 » by commentatorer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Funny how there was huge speculation that Harden-Paul would not be an effective duo, yet they turned out to be the most cohesive duo since Stockton-Malone....
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#4 » by MaxRider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

I guess CP3 saw more than just the beard
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,249

Post#5 » by TacoLord » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:It was actually most likely I who got Chris Paul to Houston.

I sent him a tweet saying that Houston would be awesome if they just had his brain out there making the decisions and putting the ball in the right people's hands at the right time. Within a day or 2, the news then broke he was going to Houston.

Just throwing it out there . . . just throwing it out there.

Thank you for your service.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#6 » by CoachD » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:20 pm

commentatorer wrote:Funny how there was huge speculation that Harden-Paul would not be an effective duo, yet they turned out to be the most cohesive duo since Stockton-Malone....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#7 » by Plutonashfan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Is he saying this cause it Valentines day?
The Champ is HERE!!!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,178

Post#8 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:55 pm

He saw the perfect scapegoat for more playoff failures.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#9 » by og15 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 am

Well, for the both of them, they better hope Paul stays healthy, lol

MartinToVaught wrote:He saw the perfect scapegoat for more playoff failures.

The Clippers had a far superior scapegoat situation. Doc as your coach and GM, Blake injured every other playoff year, Blake an inferior co-star when compared to Harden. Now with Houston, there's no excuse to not make at least the WCF, with the Clippers as a 3,4 or 5 seed, there was an excuse, not it is time to put up or shut up, definitely not a better scapegoat situation.

Plutonashfan wrote:Is he saying this cause it Valentines day?
Sounds logical to me ??
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,178

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 am

og15 wrote:The Clippers had a far superior scapegoat situation. Doc as your coach and GM, Blake injured every other playoff year, Blake an inferior co-star when compared to Harden.

Harden is the ultimate scapegoat because he chokes in the playoffs too, and he's not very likeable. It will be so easy for CP3's people to spin to the media how it's all Harden's fault, regardless of how CP3 plays.

Now with Houston, there's no excuse to not make at least the WCF, with the Clippers as a 3,4 or 5 seed, there was an excuse, not it is time to put up or shut up, definitely not a better scapegoat situation.

If Houston doesn't make the WCF, there will still be a bunch of excuses made for CP3 like always while Harden gets all the blame.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#11 » by og15 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:11 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:The Clippers had a far superior scapegoat situation. Doc as your coach and GM, Blake injured every other playoff year, Blake an inferior co-star when compared to Harden.

Harden is the ultimate scapegoat because he chokes in the playoffs too, and he's not very likeable. It will be so easy for CP3's people to spin to the media how it's all Harden's fault, regardless of how CP3 plays.

Now with Houston, there's no excuse to not make at least the WCF, with the Clippers as a 3,4 or 5 seed, there was an excuse, not it is time to put up or shut up, definitely not a better scapegoat situation.

If Houston doesn't make the WCF, there will still be a bunch of excuses made for CP3 like always while Harden gets all the blame.

Obviously I know you're being facetious, but that would just be a funny reason for anyone to be choosing a team
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#12 » by Javier Acosta » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 am

MaxRider wrote:I guess CP3 saw more than just the beard

He looked beyond those white walker cocaine eyes, beyond Harden not even putting up enough shots in his last playoff game...

Return to Wiretap Discussion