Raptors Not Interested In Signing Vince Carter This Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Raptors Not Interested In Signing Vince Carter This Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm

The Toronto Raptors are unlikely to sign Vince Carter this season, according to Josh Lewenberg of TSN.

“After speaking with a few team sources, I can confirm that they’ve had internal dialogue and debate about the idea of bringing Vince Carter back … but they’ve decided now is not the right time,” Lewenberg said. “And I think the consensus seems to be there’s so much going on right now, and they want this season to be about this team, their accomplishments and their playoff push and not the sideshow that I think would come with a Vince Carter return.”

Carter was traded by the Raptors to the Nets in 2004.

The Kings have been willing to buyout Carter if that becomes his preference.

Via Kyle Cantlon/Yahoo! Sports

caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Re: Raptors Not Interested In Signing Vince Carter This Season 

Post#2 » by caronimo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:52 pm

It would have been cool to vince back in toronto however the team is doing so well already.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#3 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I do not see the downside. OG (Their starting sf) isnt playing that well. Carter has shown its not all about him. Come playoff time the could use that experience of a future HOFer even if its a dnp situation.

If playing time isnt promised i think this is a dream signing for both. Who knows Carter might even be able to help on the court(production wise).

OG has pultry averages and is backed up by cj miles(a career journeyman,albeit having a nice season.)
The raps are still a young team. I think they could use veteran leadership.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#4 » by lolwut » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:I do not see the downside. OG (Their starting sf) isnt playing that well. Carter has shown its not all about him. Come playoff time the could use that experience of a future HOFer even if its a dnp situation.

If playing time isnt promised i think this is a dream signing for both. Who knows Carter might even be able to help on the court(production wise).

OG has pultry averages and is backed up by cj miles(a career journeyman,albeit having a nice season.)
The raps are still a young team. I think they could use veteran leadership.

You must not actually watch Raptors games if you think OG is not playing well. You can't judge him based on raw numbers. His defensive impact is massive.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#5 » by BasketballJunky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Vince Carter should not be given the privilege to enjoy Demar and Lowry’s success. Go back to the Nets to provide Vet leadership. You and your alleged cousin set back the franchise 10 years.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#6 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 pm

BasketballJunky wrote:Vince Carter should not be given the privilege to enjoy Demar and Lowry’s success. Go back to the Nets to provide Vet leadership. You and your alleged cousin set back the franchise 10 years.

Raptors traded him dummy he never wanted to leave.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#7 » by 6_Rings » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm

bad divorce or whatever, nobody can deny the fact that VC put the city on the (basketball) map.

look at the Vancouver Grizzlies with Bibby or Big Country moving somewhere else cuz they're meh.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#8 » by Reeko » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:
BasketballJunky wrote:Vince Carter should not be given the privilege to enjoy Demar and Lowry’s success. Go back to the Nets to provide Vet leadership. You and your alleged cousin set back the franchise 10 years.

You call someone else a dummy yet you have no concept of what happened. VC demanded a trade and threatened to not dunk in any games until then. He absolutely wanted to leave because the front office at the time was terrible.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#9 » by MaxRider » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Shouldn't the title be Vince Carter not interested in buyout?
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#10 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:42 pm

VC had his chances. TOR doesn't need to chase him.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#11 » by inquisitive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 pm

if he agrees to buyout, he should come to Houston
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#12 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:19 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:

They traded him because he wanted to leave. He played like crap on purpose just to force a trade, and also pulled stunts like telling the Raptors' opponents which plays they were about to run.

The easy thing to do is blame management, and yes, Toronto's front office was incompetent back then. But part of the reason why Vince sulked his way out of Toronto is because the Raptors didn't hire Dr. J as GM like he wanted them to do. Does anyone really believe Dr. J would have been any better than Babcock?

Raptors fans have every right to be mad at him.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#13 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:23 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:

Vince absolutely demanded a trade because the Raps didn't want to hire his pick (Julius Irving) for the team's General Manager, they hired Rob Babcock instead. Vince and his alleged cousin did set the franchise back ten years, this is fact.

Looks like you are the dummy. Try looking into something before you make yourself look like an idiot again you asshat
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#14 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:

They traded him because he wanted to leave. He played like crap on purpose just to force a trade, and also pulled stunts like telling the Raptors' opponents which plays they were about to run.

The easy thing to do is blame management, and yes, Toronto's front office was incompetent back then. But part of the reason why Vince sulked his way out of Toronto is because the Raptors didn't hire Dr. J as GM like he wanted them to do. Does anyone really believe Dr. J would have been any better than Babcock?

Don't forget about his mother going to the press to cry for her little baby boy... :lol:

To this day, the closest Dr. J has gotten to a front office job is helping Jim Halpert at Dunder Mifflin...

http://theoffice.wikia.com/wiki/Julius_Erving

Vince was quite the dumpster fire at the end of his tenure with the Raps, he should be on some all time pathetic team somewhere for his efforts to destroy the franchise that gave him his chance.
vexen
Veteran
And1: 886

Post#15 » by vexen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Raptors traded him dummy he never wanted to leave.

Don't forget about his mother going to the press to cry for her little baby boy... :lol:

To this day, the closest Dr. J has gotten to a front office job is helping Jim Halpert at Dunder Mifflin...

http://theoffice.wikia.com/wiki/Julius_Erving

Vince was quite the dumpster fire at the end of his tenure with the Raps, he should be on some all time pathetic team somewhere for his efforts to destroy the franchise that gave him his chance.

Anything would have been better then Rob Babcock lol
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#16 » by pkiskool » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Wow... it's over.
This franchise... smh.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#17 » by teamLeiweke » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Thank goodness!!

Masai is too smart.

Let him stop playing basketball, sign him to 1-day contract so he can retire a Raptor, and that’s it.

He should not play any minutes for us during this era. Would be an unneeded, unhelpful, distraction. I don’t even want to retire his jersey.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#18 » by Reeko » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:17 pm

teamLeiweke wrote:Thank goodness!!

Masai is too smart.

Let him stop playing basketball, sign him to 1-day contract so he can retire a Raptor, and that’s it.

He should not play any minutes for us during this era. Would be an unneeded, unhelpful, distraction. I don’t even want to retire his jersey.

I'm torn on the jersey retirement, I see both sides of that. If he does have his jersey retired it should be AFTER DeMar, DeMar deserves that honour first.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#19 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Nah... He turned them from "Raps in 4" to "Raps in 4 Decades".
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#20 » by tigerae » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Reeko wrote:
teamLeiweke wrote:Thank goodness!!

Masai is too smart.

I'm torn on the jersey retirement, I see both sides of that. If he does have his jersey retired it should be AFTER DeMar, DeMar deserves that honour first.

Absolutely not. Vince put them on the map, without him it may very well have been another Vancouver where there may have not been enough interest in the team, forcing them to have to move. He deserves the first jersey retirement.

Return to Wiretap Discussion