Warriors Decided To Build Franchise Around Stephen Curry With Monta Ellis Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Decided To Build Franchise Around Stephen Curry With Monta Ellis Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm

In March 2012, the Warriors' front office needed to convince Joe Lacob to approve their trade of Monta Ellis to the Bucks for Andrew Bogut.

The trade improved the Warriors' defense by bringing in Bogut, but it also made Stephen Curry their franchise player while also freeing up the second backcourt spot for Klay Thompson.

Curry was injured at the time and still had an ankle surgery ahead of him.

“I remember Kirk, my son, actually, saying Steph is the future,” Joe Lacob said. “That's when it kind of really hit me. Steph is the future. We're going to build this whole team around him. You cannot think of it any other way. That's actually the first moment that I realized we were building everything around Steph. That's the moment when it all went on Steph's shoulders.”

Via Marcus Thompson/The Athletic

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Warriors Decided To Build Franchise Around Stephen Curry With Monta Ellis Trade 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 am

Yeah, not easy, the guy who's got it all.

While both the other guy and the guy they got were often injured
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Warriors Decided To Build Franchise Around Stephen Curry With Monta Ellis Trade 

Post#3 » by 23artest23 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

I was going to read the article til I realized I had to create an account and pay to do so. I have no interest in either. Good riddance
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 am

23artest23 wrote:I was going to read the article til I realized I had to create an account and pay to do so. I have no interest in either. Good riddance

Yeah friggin annoying. Well, it's good that at least we could get a kinda summary here.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion