Bulls Warned By NBA About Resting Veterans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bulls Warned By NBA About Resting Veterans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:34 am

The NBA issued a warning to Chicago Bulls about their practice of resting healthy veterans. 

The Bulls have sat players like Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday as they rebuild. 

Chicago now plans on playing Lopez and Holiday regularly. 

Via Shams Charania/Yahoo! Sports

TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Re: Bulls Warned By NBA About Resting Veterans 

Post#2 » by TOMSPY77 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:12 am

Why did they not issue these warnings to all the other teams doing this the last few years? If you let the Sixers have their 'process' and the like for YEARS and you changed the draft rules, then let this play out until next season.

Not like fans are coming to see Lopez play like say, oh, I don't know Lebron James...
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#3 » by baldur » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:24 am

TOMSPY77 wrote:Why did they not issue these warnings to all the other teams doing this the last few years? If you let the Sixers have their 'process' and the like for YEARS and you changed the draft rules, then let this play out until next season.

Not like fans are coming to see Lopez play like say, oh, I don't know Lebron James...

The nba fired hinkie for that. I dont think a capitol punishment would be appropriate, haha.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by TOMSPY77 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:57 am

baldur wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:Why did they not issue these warnings to all the other teams doing this the last few years? If you let the Sixers have their 'process' and the like for YEARS and you changed the draft rules, then let this play out until next season.

The nba fired hinkie for that. I dont think a capitol punishment would be appropriate, haha.

Fair enough, but I am just waiting for the other team blatantly tanking this year to get warnings as well...
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#5 » by shadrock » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:06 am

Nba needs to smash one of these teams and set an example. The nba product is as bad as its been in a decade. Hard to watch.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:12 am

The changes to the lottery next year won't prevent this.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#7 » by donemilio21 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:27 am

Did the Lakers get warned last year when they completely shut down Deng and Mozgov in the year that they gave them big contracts?
I think all intentionally tanking teams should be made to either forfeit their picks or drop 5, 10, 20 spots in the draft. That could prevent teams from tanking.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by TOMSPY77 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:32 am

donemilio21 wrote:Did the Lakers get warned last year when they completely shut down Deng and Mozgov in the year that they gave them big contracts?
I think all intentionally tanking teams should be made to either forfeit their picks or drop 5, 10, 20 spots in the draft. That could prevent teams from tanking.

Exactly.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#9 » by mithrandir17 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:35 am

It is about resting healthy players. The sixers did not have any healthy players to rest. All of the players who missed game time are actually injured.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by TOMSPY77 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:36 am

shadrock wrote:Nba needs to smash one of these teams and set an example. The nba product is as bad as its been in a decade. Hard to watch.

Agreed, but other teams have done so much worse than to sit Robin Bloody Lopez and Justin freakin' Holiday!!
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by TOMSPY77 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:38 am

mithrandir17 wrote:

It is about resting healthy players. The sixers did not have any healthy players to rest. All of the players who missed game time are actually injured.

I know it is your team and hey, it worked well, think the firing was extreme when the man was just working the system in place but I feel some of those were exaggerated, if not the injuries themselves then the time of recovery was extended for 'health reasons.'
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:40 am

What the heck? It's not just about tanking, it's about giving more pt for young players as well. This has been around for ages. Ridiculous.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:42 am

Sixers are playoff bound. Have 2 star lotto picks. Trust the process.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#14 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:44 am

Between this and the Hinkie firing, Silver is becoming a control freak. The commissioner of the league should not be meddling in a team's coaching decisions.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#15 » by haste10176 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:16 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Between this and the Hinkie firing, Silver is becoming a control freak. The commissioner of the league should not be meddling in a team's coaching decisions.

Its a tanking decision.. A very obvious one.. They traded the better player Mirotic is a clear tanking move when he came back they were on play off pace..

Tanking and being down by 40 points in a game is a disgusting look for paying fans..
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#16 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:17 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:What the heck? It's not just about tanking, it's about giving more pt for young players as well. This has been around for ages. Ridiculous.

Maybe this will provide incentives for rebuilding squads to either just not sign many veterans or structure their deals to where they can waive them without any lingering cap issues. I can see the NBAPA having a problem with this.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#17 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:34 am

haste10176 wrote:Tanking and being down by 40 points in a game is a disgusting look for paying fans..

Ask Sixer fans if it was worth it...

Spoiler:
It was.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#18 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:40 am

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
haste10176 wrote:Tanking and being down by 40 points in a game is a disgusting look for paying fans..

Ask Sixer fans if it was worth it...

Spoiler:
It was.

he said paying fans...i doubt many phi fans who went to the gm regularly thougjt it was worth it at the time
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#19 » by Jvaughn » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:59 am

haste10176 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Between this and the Hinkie firing, Silver is becoming a control freak. The commissioner of the league should not be meddling in a team's coaching decisions.

Its a tanking decision.. A very obvious one.. They traded the better player Mirotic is a clear tanking move when he came back they were on play off pace..

Huh???? They trade a player (who was at a stacked position) that they weren't going to resign for what was a lottery pick. Where's the fault?? Any GM that doesn't make that move should be fired.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
QLaz
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#20 » by QLaz » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:25 am

I could have sworn the other night Memphis had 5 undrafted players in at 1 time, but lets get on the Bulls, lol

Return to Wiretap Discussion