Source: Nobody Knows What LeBron Will Do Because He Doesn't Know

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Source: Nobody Knows What LeBron Will Do Because He Doesn't Know 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 9, 2018 6:25 pm

Those close to LeBron James believe he could continue playing until he's 40 years old, which means his next free agent decision could still have long-term ramifications.

League sources believe it's "still a long shot" James chooses the Lakers this offseason, but that's mostly because he's determined to stay focused on winning a title with the Cavaliers this season.

"If someone is pretending they know what LeBron is thinking, they're guessing," one source close to the situation says. "How could anyone know when he doesn't even know?"

James' decision will be based on his own self-interest.

"His decision won't be made to please others," one source close to the situation said. "It'll be made to please himself."

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,733

Re: Source: Nobody Knows What LeBron Will Do Because He Doesn't Know 

Post#2 » by Pantsman » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:36 pm

Sources: everyone shamelessly wants clicks.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#3 » by pbj » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:43 pm

WOW HOT TAKES BATMAN
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#4 » by hype_2004 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:53 pm

Article Lebron only for Lebron, what's new?
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#5 » by TMU » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:53 pm

The Earth is flat!
hoopsfan2424
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#6 » by hoopsfan2424 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:17 pm

i used to think there was no chance of him sticking with cleveland but now i think it's likely. lebron is obsessed with his stats and image. he puts up crazy stats in cleveland because the team is built around him. his stats would take a dive in philly or LA. in houston they'd potentially go up, but only if harden and/or paul took a backseat. if the rockets with harden-paul-lebron were to lose to golden state (which seems likely imo), lebron's image would take a hit. as it stands, nobody faults him for losing to the warriors every year because the media paints it as a david vs. goliath thing. if he sticks with cleveland he can keep putting up huge numbers and winning eastern conference championships and he'll go down as the hometown champion. in short, lebron's going to make the best move for his image and in this case the least risky move for his image is to stay in cleveland.
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,147

Post#7 » by AdagioPace » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:21 pm

source: don't believe unspecified sources
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:46 pm

hoopsfan2424 wrote:i used to think there was no chance of him sticking with cleveland but now i think it's likely. lebron is obsessed with his stats and image. he puts up crazy stats in cleveland because the team is built around him. his stats would take a dive in philly or LA. in houston they'd potentially go up, but only if harden and/or paul took a backseat. if the rockets with harden-paul-lebron were to lose to golden state (which seems likely imo), lebron's image would take a hit. as it stands, nobody faults him for losing to the warriors every year because the media paints it as a david vs. goliath thing. if he sticks with cleveland he can keep putting up huge numbers and winning eastern conference championships and he'll go down as the hometown champion. in short, lebron's going to make the best move for his image and in this case the least risky move for his image is to stay in cleveland.

His stats would take a dive in Philly or LA but not in Houston? Lol okay
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,558

Post#9 » by Harry Garris » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:51 pm

hoopsfan2424 wrote:i used to think there was no chance of him sticking with cleveland but now i think it's likely. lebron is obsessed with his stats and image. he puts up crazy stats in cleveland because the team is built around him. his stats would take a dive in philly or LA. in houston they'd potentially go up, but only if harden and/or paul took a backseat. if the rockets with harden-paul-lebron were to lose to golden state (which seems likely imo), lebron's image would take a hit. as it stands, nobody faults him for losing to the warriors every year because the media paints it as a david vs. goliath thing. if he sticks with cleveland he can keep putting up huge numbers and winning eastern conference championships and he'll go down as the hometown champion. in short, lebron's going to make the best move for his image and in this case the least risky move for his image is to stay in cleveland.

Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second. Lebron logistically can't team up with Houston or San Antonio this summer, and the Lakers or 76ers don't give him a real chance to beat the Warriors. But if he could join the Spurs or Rockets he's strongly considering it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did that at all. Stats and image be damned, if he had a real opportunity to knock off the Warriors and win more rings he'd most likely take it.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#10 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:53 pm

I still think he's goes to the Sixers with Bayless, 2019 1st and other assets going back to Cleveland.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#11 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:14 pm

AdagioPace wrote:source: don't believe unspecified sources

But those are the only kind of sources about certain things. :oops:
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#12 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:24 pm

Pantsman wrote:Sources: everyone shamelessly wants clicks.

This. And yet....we still give them clicks. I am beyond help me thinks.
Hinkie Lives
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Hinkie Lives » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:30 pm

I like him on the Lakers. LeBron and Lonzo on the same team could create one of the best passing teams of all-time (mixed with underrated passers Paul George and Ingram). Young core around LeBron would be great as he ages as well. Working with Magic off the court is a cool opportunity too.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#14 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:55 pm

If you survived 2010 free agency you should know not to invest much until the summer. We literally didn't know LeBron was going to Miami until hours (maybe 1 day at most) before
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#15 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:06 pm

Hinkie Lives wrote:I like him on the Lakers. LeBron and Lonzo on the same team could create one of the best passing teams of all-time (mixed with underrated passers Paul George and Ingram). Young core around LeBron would be great as he ages as well. Working with Magic off the court is a cool opportunity too.

Lmao
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#16 » by cheese318 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:14 pm

I read the same thing and laughed. If anything HOU is the one place they would drop where in PHI/LAL I think the drop off wouldn’t be that much. In LAL I think his numbers would only go up if their is anywhere up to go at his age and the stats he’s putting up this season

IAMZOOTED wrote:

His stats would take a dive in Philly or LA but not in Houston? Lol okay
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#17 » by Lalouie » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:25 pm

In the past I always thought this stuff was bs, but in this case I do believe LeBron doesn't know. He has viable legitimate options depending on his goals
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#18 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:41 pm

yes of course. this isn't quite breaking news. expect a new LBJ headline everyday now.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#19 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:33 am

I predict Boston would trade Kyrie and Hayward for LeBron
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#20 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:14 am

This is the only believable "sources say" article about LeBron.

Return to Wiretap Discussion