Kyrie Irving Stopped Engaging With Cavs During Playoffs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kyrie Irving Stopped Engaging With Cavs During Playoffs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Kyrie Irving wouldn't engage in conversation with his Cleveland Cavaliers' teammates during practice between playoff rounds last season.

Team officials were confused as to what was bothering Irving.

Irving eventually requested a trade in July and was dealt to the Celtics in August.

Via Brian Windhorst, Dave McMenamin/ESPN

smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Re: Kyrie Irving Stopped Engaging With Cavs During Playoffs 

Post#2 » by smittybanton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:19 pm

The only game the Cavs won in the finals was when Kyrie took over and went off in the fourth quarter. Went away from it the very next game.
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#3 » by DthTrap » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:01 pm

smittybanton wrote:The only game the Cavs won in the finals was when Kyrie took over and went off in the fourth quarter. Went away from it the very next game.

LBJ has to be the best player on the floor every night. U cant expect Robin to be the hero or the closer. I like it better now that King James is the closer but Cavs need to move the ball more prior to 4th quarter.
Sublime187
Rookie
And1: 1,092

Post#4 » by Sublime187 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:45 pm

What a loser. You don't give up on your team while chasing a championship.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 am

smittybanton wrote:The only game the Cavs won in the finals was when Kyrie took over and went off in the fourth quarter. Went away from it the very next game.

I’m confused at what your point is here? He was the 2nd best player on his team so of course having him play well was very important when it comes to helping his team defeat the league’s best team. Lebron averaged 33/12/10 in the finals and it wasn’t even close to enough.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:18 am

They probably went away from it because he wasn't playing very well in the 2nd half of game 5.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:32 am

LBJ is an idiot, he could have gotten this headcase traded when he went back to Cleveland, got Wiggins traded instead.

The Bennett drafting was a huge blunder by the Cavs as well.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DthTrap
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#8 » by DthTrap » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:18 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:LBJ is an idiot, he could have gotten this headcase traded when he went back to Cleveland, got Wiggins traded instead.

As a proud Canadian please dont bring up Bennett for hes brought shame upon the country lol. But dont 4get he came back bc of Kyrie, Chalmers left the league when LBJ roasted him. In a what if scenario in 2014 who would u have got 4 Kyrie and explain the line up w/o Kevin Love in it. That would mean Waiters is still on the team 2 along with Wiggins and Varejao. Thats not a good line up at all.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#9 » by colaroaster » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 am

when the office manager's a complete douche bag you can't really do anything but bite your lip, not many ppl can stomach lebrons primadonna/self absorbing pretentiousness
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#10 » by hyberx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:58 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:LBJ is an idiot, he could have gotten this headcase traded when he went back to Cleveland, got Wiggins traded instead.

LOL, if not for Kyrie, LBJ would still have no ring to show for Cleveland. But yeah, he is an idiot for trading Wiggins.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#11 » by pwrshft99 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 am

Kyrie is such an...odd **** character. Respect his game, in some ways understood his 'decision' but damn. The more I learn about him the harder it is to like him.
#sadbullsfan
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 am

DthTrap wrote:

As a proud Canadian please dont bring up Bennett for hes brought shame upon the country lol.

:lol: It's the Cavs' fault for drafting him so high.

But dont 4get he came back bc of Kyrie, Chalmers left the league when LBJ roasted him. In a what if scenario in 2014 who would u have got 4 Kyrie and explain the line up w/o Kevin Love in it. That would mean Waiters is still on the team 2 along with Wiggins and Varejao. Thats not a good line up at all.

Nice one.

Deng was still a pretty good player back then, could have made a good forward tandem with LBJ. Wiggins can play some 3.

They would still get Mozgov and TT?

Wiggins and Waitors at the 2, Waitors would still be traded for Shumps and JR?

Trading Kyrie probably didn't make much sense unless someone predicted the problems. If he+ could fetch some kinda combo like Cousins and Dragic, that'd really be something.

Dragic
Wiggins
LBJ
Deng
Cousins
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:30 am

hyberx wrote:

LOL, if not for Kyrie, LBJ would still have no ring to show for Cleveland. But yeah, he is an idiot for trading Wiggins.

First of all, it wouldn't be just minus Kyrie, trading him would have gotten them a lot. The real winner/owner of the ring was Silver anyways.
Thanks for the honesty.
ImaCLEFanNotLBJ
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#14 » by ImaCLEFanNotLBJ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm always conflicted when I talk about Kyrie. I hate that LBJ created a superteam with the heat and loath KD for going to the Warriors. All I want is for our best players to compete for some self pride and to stop teaming up. Finally a superstar does that and goes to a situation to prove himself so, in a way, I'm happy about that... BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO MY CITY??
commentatorer
Sixth Man
And1: 815

Post#15 » by commentatorer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

This sounds phony, its vague and believable - the ingredients needed to fool the reader.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#16 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm

so he quit on the team basically?
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#17 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:so he quit on the team basically?

There were reports that Kyrie was frustrated with Lebron's indifference with losing, as long as Lebron got his stats he was happy.

I think it is fair to say that Kyrie (and possibly the rest of the Cavs locker room) caught onto this fact before the rest of the world did and Kyrie had just had enough and wanted out. I have no source, but it makes sense. I think it is fairly safe to say Kyrie saw multiple things that led him to want out and he made the right choice by demanding a trade. Nobody would voluntarily want to be involved in the dumpster fire that is the Cavs this season. And Kyrie had absolutely no interest in dealing with the mess when Lebron leaves them for dead... again.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#18 » by gordoncatrell » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Rj, JR, Channing, Shump, Lue/Staff, TT, etc all say "I AM NEGAN."

Kyrie is surrounded. he outflanked them. bye.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#19 » by Pennebaker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm

#mambamentality

what a baby
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#20 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

This was news moths ago. It is only being reported now because LeBron's camp put out they wish they had gotten more in the IT trade. So then the Cavs put out how Kyrie was disengaged. It is pretty amazing this happens every time "news" is leaked and it is considered news.

Return to Wiretap Discussion