Kyrie Irving Out 3-6 Weeks After Surgery On Left Knee

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Out 3-6 Weeks After Surgery On Left Knee 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:43 am

Kyrie Irving will miss three to six weeks after undergoing surgery to remove a tension wire in his left knee.

Irving could return as early as Boston's first round series.

"The wire was originally placed as part of the surgical repair of a fractured patella sustained during the 2015 NBA Finals," the Celtics said in a release. "While removal of the wire should relieve irritation it was causing in Irving's patellar tendon, the fractured patella has fully healed and Irving's knee has been found to be completely structurally sound."

Irving sought second opinions this week after soreness in his left knee failed to dissipate with extended rest.

Via Chris Forsberg/ESPN

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: Kyrie Irving Out 3-6 Weeks After Surgery On Left Knee 

Post#2 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:07 am

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Kyrie is an out of this world unstoppable type player. His movements are MVP caliber, that no one 1 v 1 can guard, when he is hitting on all cylinders. The only type MVP player who was at that level that we've seen before? Derrick Rose. But those herky jerky unstoppable moves come at a price. D Rose could very well be what is in Bostons future.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#3 » by iliyanvs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:04 pm

I totally disagree. Derrick Rose has that many problems, because his running and landing techniques are awful, Kyrie moves with ease and has some great movement technique. This is a surgery that had to be done sooner or later and it is nothing serious.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Derrick Rose never had the handle or jumpshot that Irving has shown throughout his young career. Irving will need to avoid any furture problems with his knee to not be labeled injury plagued. Rose was never an accurate long distance shooter. Rose definitely had more power to the rim when breaking down the defense

iliyanvs wrote:I totally disagree. Derrick Rose has that many problems, because his running and landing techniques are awful, Kyrie moves with ease and has some great movement technique. This is a surgery that had to be done sooner or later and it is nothing serious.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#5 » by iliyanvs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Exactly, he needed all the power because otherwise he wouldnt score that much, if you try doing half of the moves he was doing during his prime in a single game, the way he was doing them, you would most likely feel that this is something your legs wouldnt hold on for much long.
Kyrie doesnt need to make all of that effort as he can score half of his points just from long range, plus as i said, he isnt stepping as heavy as Derrick, who is putting lots of preasure on his heels, thus resulting in tons of preasure in his legs. Other perfect example is Jabari Parker who is stepping like a train, hence 2 major injuries just in his first seasons.
CEOSports
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#6 » by CEOSports » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:44 pm

1 Derrick Rose did have the handle. Obviously not a Kyrie... one of a kind handle.

2. If you watch early tapes of Derrick Rose in interviews as early as his year in Memphis, he never stretched and warmed up properly, things like candy and pizza made up most of his diet. I mean the guy could step off a jet and windmill in street shoes first try and fell victim to injuries as well as injury prevention.

Just thought I’d add to what was mentioned below.

In other news I’m pretty sure this was the surgery Kyrie threatened the Cavs he would take at the start of the season if they didn’t honor his trade request. Doesn’t sound nearly as complicated now however
mjvile
Senior
And1: 52

Post#7 » by mjvile » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:13 pm

iliyanvs wrote:I totally disagree. Derrick Rose has that many problems, because his running and landing techniques are awful, Kyrie moves with ease and has some great movement technique. This is a surgery that had to be done sooner or later and it is nothing serious.

Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours when your finished?
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:30 pm

"Dad, my knee is not doing good, I don't wanna screw you and the team up."

"Son, thx for telling me, maybe we act like we are feuding and you ask for a trade?"
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
mjvile
Senior
And1: 52

Post#9 » by mjvile » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:56 pm

mjvile wrote:

Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours when your finished?

Still think it's nothing serious? Out 4-6 months now. May want to invest in a new crystal ball.
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:07 pm

Kyrie's game is awesome. We literally couldn't stop the guy, had hit his shot each and every freakin time. But I see why now, I believe that his moves and cuts are so extreme, they require Derek rose type contortions. I believe his style of cutting and planting, takes a more than average serious toll on the knee
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Wiretap Discussion