Joel Embiid Out 2-4 Weeks With Orbital Fracture Surgery

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid Out 2-4 Weeks With Orbital Fracture Surgery 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:20 am

Joel Embiid could miss two to four weeks due to surgery for an orbital fracture of his left eye.

Embiid has also been placed in the NBA's concussion protocol.

Embiid collided with Markelle Fultz during Wednesday's game.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Joel Embiid Out 2-4 Weeks With Orbital Fracture Surgery 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:55 am

Fultz is the alpha now.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 899

Post#3 » by JR Hawks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 am

Foot Injury: Check
Knee Injury: Check
Back Injury: Check
Face Injury: Check
Brain Injury: Check
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:07 am

Dude is made of glass.
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#5 » by CelticsWin5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 am

Hahahahah
Before fultz came back, Brett Brown mentioned that Fultz' biggest nightmare was hurting the team. Now fultz is probably never going to let this down, specially when they get swept in the 1st round....

Now the sixers will get swept by the Celtics (or whoever the 76ers face) in the first round thanks to fultz taking out embiid. Ainge probably planned this all somehow. Ainge knew fultz is clumsy so he sent him to play next to an injury prone player. The genius of Ainge is beyond comprehension
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,546

Post#6 » by Kalela » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 am

Without Embiid, I am not so confident anymore that the Sixers can win most of their remaining games to finish 3rd.
Fire Mazzulla
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,291

Post#7 » by raptorstime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 am

wow unlucky
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:58 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:Hahahahah
Before fultz came back, Brett Brown mentioned that Fultz' biggest nightmare was hurting the team. Now fultz is probably never going to let this down, specially when they get swept in the 1st round....

Now the sixers will get swept by the Celtics (or whoever the 76ers face) in the first round thanks to fultz taking out embiid. Ainge probably planned this all somehow. Ainge knew fultz is clumsy so he sent him to play next to an injury prone player. The genius of Ainge is beyond comprehension

Troll harder
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,862

Post#9 » by Mik317 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 am

Its always funny to see you post on other places and yet when you post on the Sixers board you act like you are there as a "fan" of Fultz.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Post#10 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:01 am

I really like Embiid, and I think he could be a great (legit great) player. But jeez...the injuries are piling up, aren't they?

This was a freak accident, and it did no damage to his legs / knees / feet...so that's good (good being relative). Would really like to see this guy have 2-3 seasons with minimal missed games.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#11 » by MegaK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Orbital Fracture. Man up, put a mask on and play homie. Just don't do all that dirty **** you've been doing and you should be straight. Toughen up playa.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#12 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm

lol at this celtics troll, breh your two best players are out, the pot calling kettle black much? Kyrie may come back but wont be fully ready out there playing through injuries like its thomas v2 waiting to happen. "Me no bang in paint papi" Horford looking shaky out there you can aks them hawk fans what they think about the playoffs horford.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#13 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:32 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:

Troll harder

Have you ever done anything to add to a conversation on this board or are you only able to troll the troll comments. We get it, you are in love with trolls, you are obviously infatuated with them. I dare you to post something with some actual content and actually contribute something of worth to the board. Just once... :lol: I can't think of a single instance in which you telling someone they were a troll did anything to add to the conversation, which makes you an even more pathetic troll, at least the other people you call trolls are commenting and adding content to the conversations. :crazy:
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#14 » by zappafrank » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:36 pm

was that Fultz's shooting shoulder? maybe this will correct his "glitch"?
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#15 » by luss54321 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:58 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:I really like Embiid, and I think he could be a great (legit great) player. But jeez...the injuries are piling up, aren't they?

This was a freak accident, and it did no damage to his legs / knees / feet...so that's good (good being relative). Would really like to see this guy have 2-3 seasons with minimal missed games.

Agreed. It's a little discouraging that it's his healthiest season in 4 years (by far) and he missed a quarter of the season.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,214

Post#16 » by Biff » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 pm

luss54321 wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:I really like Embiid, and I think he could be a great (legit great) player. But jeez...the injuries are piling up, aren't they?

Agreed. It's a little discouraging that it's his healthiest season in 4 years (by far) and he missed a quarter of the season.

It was a freak accident that won't affect him in the future. It's not like he's going to re-injure his orbital bone. Had this freak injury not occurred he would have played 71 games.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#17 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:47 pm

zappafrank wrote:was that Fultz's shooting shoulder? maybe this will correct his "glitch"?

Embiid's face is the sacrificial lamb.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#18 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:23 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Troll harder

Have you ever done anything to add to a conversation on this board or are you only able to troll the troll comments. We get it, you are in love with trolls, you are obviously infatuated with them. I dare you to post something with some actual content and actually contribute something of worth to the board. Just once... :lol: I can't think of a single instance in which you telling someone they were a troll did anything to add to the conversation, which makes you an even more pathetic troll, at least the other people you call trolls are commenting and adding content to the conversations. :crazy:

You really think the first post warrants a thoughtful response? Blatant trolling from a known Sixers troll, spewing distasteful and factually incorrect garbage. Who TF would entertain a discussion about Danny Ainge predicting that Fultz would injure Embiid? Come on man. That's absurd.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#19 » by iliyanvs » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 pm

This has nothing to do with him being injury prone, stop bit**ing about everything, lol.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#20 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Apr 1, 2018 9:18 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Troll harder

I dare you to go one LeBron article without hating on him.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.

Return to Wiretap Discussion