Kevin Durant Ejected In First Game Back From Rib Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Ejected In First Game Back From Rib Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Kevin Durant was ejected in his first game back after a six-game absence from a rib injury.

Durant argued with referee Tre Maddox, claiming he was fouled as he drove to the basket.

Durant fell to the court and then immediately got up and into the face of Maddox. After promptly being hit with one technical foul, Durant ran toward the official again, earning his second T, which resulted in an automatic ejection.

Bill Kennedy issued a statement at the request of a pool reporter:

"Mr. Durant was ejected due to the fact of two technical fouls. The first technical foul was issued for vulgarity. After the first technical foul was issued, the official tried to walk away, started to walk away, and the vulgarity escalated, and then he was assessed a second technical foul for the escalation of the vulgarity, resulting in an ejection."

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Re: Kevin Durant Ejected In First Game Back From Rib Injury 

Post#2 » by davidavydave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:55 pm

One of the most tragic stories in sports history. One of the most beloved figures in all of basketball and sports, and just suddenly becomes the biggest wining bitch in the world. What the **** does he have to complain about now that he's on the ultimate superteam?? Nothing changes the fact that his game is incredible. But damnit, that's how much of a wining bitch he has become. He clearly tries to act all tough in front of the refs (who will literally never fight back), so people will think he's less of a bitch (or is he trying to convince himself that he's not a bitch?)

I used to not care and still loved watching his game, one of the smoothest, natural ball players we've seen in awhile. But this is getting ridiculous. Gets ejected the first game coming off an injury over a stupid non-call that happens to literally everybody? This guy can kick my ass a million times out of a million times if he was blindfolded with 2 hands tied around his back. But why does he seem like such a whiny little harmless bitch on the court? So strange.
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#3 » by Thundershock88 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:02 pm

davidavydave wrote:One of the most tragic stories in sports history. One of the most beloved figures in all of basketball and sports, and just suddenly becomes the biggest wining bitch in the world. What the **** does he have to complain about now that he's on the ultimate superteam?? Nothing changes the fact that his game is incredible. But damnit, that's how much of a wining bitch he has become. He clearly tries to act all tough in front of the refs (who will literally never fight back), so people will think he's less of a bitch (or is he trying to convince himself that he's not a bitch?)

I used to not care and still loved watching his game, one of the smoothest, natural ball players we've seen in awhile. But this is getting ridiculous. Gets ejected the first game coming off an injury over a stupid non-call that happens to literally everybody? This guy can kick my ass a million times out of a million times if he was blindfolded with 2 hands tied around his back. But why does he seem like such a whiny little harmless bitch on the court? So strange.

Trying too hard to be Draymond.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#4 » by pwrshft99 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Fake tough guy
#sadbullsfan
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#5 » by jstudabaka » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 pm

This dude is like 150 pounds soaking wet and can't bench 185 pounds. Who does he think he's fooling? :lol:
davidavydave
Sophomore

Post#6 » by davidavydave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Thundershock88 wrote:
davidavydave wrote:One of the most tragic stories in sports history. One of the most beloved figures in all of basketball and sports, and just suddenly becomes the biggest wining bitch in the world. What the **** does he have to complain about now that he's on the ultimate superteam?? Nothing changes the fact that his game is incredible. But damnit, that's how much of a wining bitch he has become. He clearly tries to act all tough in front of the refs (who will literally never fight back), so people will think he's less of a bitch (or is he trying to convince himself that he's not a bitch?)

For real. Biggest difference between Draymond's behavior and Durant's is that the trash talking and nonstop jabbering is a big part of Draymond's game. Much like Gary Payton, just nonstop talking to get into your head. That absolutely can affect the other team especially towards the end of the game.

But Durant is just BITCHING. Not really trash talking, he doesn't have that skillset of roasting other people. He keeps taking L's and is honestly roasting himself everyday. At the end of the day, he'll walk away with championships and finals MVPs, but EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD will still think he a bitch if he keeps whining like one.

If he just played his game and let his game talk, I truly believe all this "snake" stuff would have subsided by now, especially after his dagger 3 against Cleveland in the Finals (which is still one of my favorite shots in sports history) But his bitchiness is so damn unwarranted and impossible to overlook, that he will always be snake 1st and winner 2nd.
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#7 » by Thundershock88 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

davidavydave wrote:
Thundershock88 wrote:

For real. Biggest difference between Draymond's behavior and Durant's is that the trash talking and nonstop jabbering is a big part of Draymond's game. Much like Gary Payton, just nonstop talking to get into your head. That absolutely can affect the other team especially towards the end of the game.

But Durant is just BITCHING. Not really trash talking, he doesn't have that skillset of roasting other people. He keeps taking L's and is honestly roasting himself everyday. At the end of the day, he'll walk away with championships and finals MVPs, but EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD will still think he a bitch if he keeps whining like one.

If he just played his game and let his game talk, I truly believe all this "snake" stuff would have subsided by now, especially after his dagger 3 against Cleveland in the Finals (which is still one of my favorite shots in sports history) But his bitchiness is so damn unwarranted and impossible to overlook, that he will always be snake 1st and winner 2nd.

He really started changing after he signed with Jay-z's sports agency. He went from the humble kid with a bible in his backpack, to an outspoken fake tough guy who hates the media. Then he started the KD's not nice ads. He's getting worse and worse. As much as I hate the guys decision, I can't even respect him anymore as a person with the way he acts.
davidavydave
Sophomore

Post#8 » by davidavydave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Thundershock88 wrote:
davidavydave wrote:
Thundershock88 wrote:

He really started changing after he signed with Jay-z's sports agency. He went from the humble kid with a bible in his backpack, to an outspoken fake tough guy who hates the media. Then he started the KD's not nice ads. He's getting worse and worse. As much as I hate the guys decision, I can't even respect him anymore as a person with the way he acts.

Very true. He thinks he's punk rock....but he's really just softass emo. Lol.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#9 » by luss54321 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:03 pm

pwrshft99 wrote:Fake tough guy

Durant is so whiney and entitled. Whether he's on the court or talking to reporters, it's just non stop complaining. Dude needs to see a therapist or something. Maybe go to anger management. His maturity is on par with a 12 year old.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#10 » by CIN-C-STAR » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Didn't even look like a foul to me, and even if it was, the ref was on the other side of the play and was in no position to see it.
People like KD make the game worse, not better, by getting in the refs faces every time they miss a shot and don't get bailed out with FTs. Even though college kids don't have a fraction of the skill, I can see why some people prefer watching it. They play through bad calls and bad no-calls and just play hard and don't make excuses. It's literally impossible to call a perfect game as a ref so just get over it and play the game.
I think the NBA needs a rule: "No approaching the refs during live action. Period. Automatic technical foul."
That way there is no gray area on what is allowed and what isn't, and the players can't act all shocked for getting technicals and ejections for cussing out grown men trying to do their job in the middle of a game. The constant whining detracts from the game and is completely unnecessary and pointless.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Headcase, so the Raptors are gonna have HCA over the Dubs now
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#12 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm

He is becoming unwatchable.

He reminds me of KG when he won his first title with Boston, after being humble before a ring, they seem to become entitled.

Guess we should have seen this coming. How many ejections has he had since winning last year?
Punk ass.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#13 » by gordoncatrell » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm

two issues

GSW: looks bored. theyre going through the motions. they look careless and rundown.

REFS: the refs are terrible. it's getting worse. these quick TECHs/DOUBLE TECHs/etc are terrible. The STAR treatment is terribly inconsistent. Swallowing the whistle on Travels/Carry/SCREENS are killing this game. these games are becoming unwatchable. watching weekend warriors at your local gym is becoming a more fulfilling experience.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#14 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Thundershock88 wrote:
davidavydave wrote:
Thundershock88 wrote:

Other stuff aside what is there to love about ther media? If he still had the bible in hi backpack he would have even more reason to hate the media.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#15 » by CobraCommander » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:51 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:He is becoming unwatchable.

He reminds me of KG when he won his first title with Boston, after being humble before a ring, they seem to become entitled.

Guess we should have seen this coming. How many ejections has he had since winning last year?
Punk ass.

Kevin Durant allegedly called the ref a B**** A** N****

If this is true, Kevin Durant should be suspended for the same amount of time that a ref would have been suspended or a white player would have been suspended. KD is out of control. I cant believe the NBA isnt taking what he said very very seriously. No one...should be subjected to that type of language from another person...if this is true KD is lucky he didnt get crushed

Return to Wiretap Discussion