Gordon Hayward Begins On-Court Jogging

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gordon Hayward Begins On-Court Jogging 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:52 pm

Gordon Hayward has begun light on-court jogging as he continues his recovery from a fractured ankle.

Trainer Jason Smeathers noted it was Hayward's first on-court run since the injury when he tweeted: "Doing some pace setting for [Hayward] for the first jog back on the court."

Hayward had been running on the team's alter-G anti-gravity treadmill and slowly ramping himself up to a level where he could be cleared to begin running on his full bodyweight.

Brad Stevens stressed that Hayward is still a "long, long way away" from basketball activities and reaffirmed that he's not playing this season.

"I saw that video. It's pretty slow running," Stevens said. "I was up there watching it the other morning when they [filmed] that. The next step of his progression is once every three days he gets on the court and does that. So as you can see it was about 20 percent speed, nothing lateral, no jumping. So a long, long way away.

"We've said it before: We can talk about the videos. He's not playing. But he might travel [with the team], and maybe we'll list him as something."

Via Chris Forsberg/ESPN

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Gordon Hayward Begins On-Court Jogging 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Mon Apr 2, 2018 6:32 pm

Take it easy GH
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#3 » by colaroaster » Mon Apr 2, 2018 10:23 pm

filmed three wks ago and will fly in with a cape to win a playoff game
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#4 » by dice » Mon Apr 2, 2018 10:56 pm

more than eddy curry ever did
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Apr 2, 2018 11:24 pm

Even if he just jogs a little on the court, he's gonna be better than other players.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#6 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 12:55 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Even if he just jogs a little on the court, he's gonna be better than other players.

not if he is rusty. which he probably is. difference between in shape and in game shape.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Apr 3, 2018 5:28 am

macNcheese3 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Even if he just jogs a little on the court, he's gonna be better than other players.

not if he is rusty. which he probably is. difference between in shape and in game shape.

Jokin. I was saying literally just jogs a little.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#8 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 3:41 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:

Jokin. I was saying literally just jogs a little.

lol thought so

Return to Wiretap Discussion