Damian Lillard Suffers Left Ankle Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Damian Lillard Suffers Left Ankle Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:59 pm

Damian Lillard was carted out of the arena to the Blazers' team bus after suffering an ankle sprain.

Lillard landed on the foot of Salah Mejri and appeared to roll his left ankle.

Lillard limped away but returned to finish the game.

“I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I’m going to be smart about it," said Lillard. "It’s the end of the season, we’re going into playoffs so I have to be smart that one thing doesn’t turn into another.”

Via Sean Meagher/Oregonian

Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Re: Damian Lillard Suffers Left Ankle Injury 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:36 pm

Not ideal!
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Chris3323 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:06 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:Not ideal!

Ice it and he will be fine
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Apr 4, 2018 7:29 pm

Dang, losing to Dallas at this stage, that's not good, especially when he kept playing.

He probably needs to miss the remaining games, well, dropping to the fourth seed isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#5 » by dautjazz » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:06 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Dang, losing to Dallas at this stage, that's not good, especially when he kept playing.

He probably needs to miss the remaining games, well, dropping to the fourth seed isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

I certainly don't wish injuries on no team, hopefully it doesn't keep him out long, but this is a great opportunity for Utah to get 3rd. I want to avoid Houston like the plague.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
mjvile
Senior
And1: 52

Post#6 » by mjvile » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:22 pm

Chris3323 wrote:

Some great advice. What teams medical staff are you on?
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#7 » by CelticsWin5 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:55 pm

There it is. Blazer fans got their excuse for when they fail to win mOre than 2 playoff series
mjvile
Senior

Post#8 » by mjvile » Thu Apr 5, 2018 12:19 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:There it is. Blazer fans got their excuse for when they fail to win mOre than 2 playoff series

Man, Celtic fans are something else!
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 5, 2018 1:06 am

mjvile wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:There it is. Blazer fans got their excuse for when they fail to win mOre than 2 playoff series

Man, Celtic fans are something else!

Winning two playoff series' would put them in the Conference Finals... I think Blazers fans would be OK with that! That would be a major achievement and definitely beyond expectations at the beginning of the season.

Winning more that two series' would put them in the Finals... anyone that expected that is high!
NWGunner
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#10 » by NWGunner » Thu Apr 5, 2018 1:59 am

He was walking on it without a boot today.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#11 » by Veggamattic » Thu Apr 5, 2018 2:48 am

If I was a trainer I would have a policy that any ankle roll of any level would automatically mean no more action that game for a player. I have seen so many times when a player thinks they are OK and return only to find that when the tape gets removed later that night that the ankle swells up and hence they are out for 2 weeks. The frequency that this happens amazes me. How could trainers not have figured this out by now.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:51 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Dang, losing to Dallas at this stage, that's not good, especially when he kept playing.

Dropping to 4th would be hard to accomplish at this point. they are up 3 games with 4 remaining. But if it happened it would be disastrous for them.

As it stands today they would face OKC in round 1 who they swept (4-0) this season. Round 2 would likely be GSW who they won the season series against (2-1) and might still be hobbled.

Obviously, the 6th seed will likely change hands a few times before it's said and done but OKC would be the ideal matchup. And the Blazers seriously need to avoid the Rockets in the 2nd round who have swept the Blazers this season.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:26 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Dropping to 4th would be hard to accomplish at this point. they are up 3 games with 4 remaining. But if it happened it would be disastrous for them.

As it stands today they would face OKC in round 1 who they swept (4-0) this season. Round 2 would likely be GSW who they won the season series against (2-1) and might still be hobbled.

Obviously, the 6th seed will likely change hands a few times before it's said and done but OKC would be the ideal matchup. And the Blazers seriously need to avoid the Rockets in the 2nd round who have swept the Blazers this season.

Update: After the Spurs loss tonight, the Blazers only need to beat the Jazz on closing night to lock up the 3rd seed. They can rest Lillard until then if they choose. Of course it might already be decided by then. The Blazers' magic number with the Jazz is 2 and with the Spurs it's 1.
mjvile
Senior

Post#14 » by mjvile » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:01 pm

There you go Boston fans, now with Irving out 4-6 months you all have your excuse of not getting out of the second round yourself.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Apr 5, 2018 8:17 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:

dautjazz wrote:I certainly don't wish injuries on no team, hopefully it doesn't keep him out long, but this is a great opportunity for Utah to get 3rd. I want to avoid Houston like the plague.

Depending on the health of CP3 I guess? But sure, Steph is almost certainly out.

Pickled Prunes wrote:Update: After the Spurs loss tonight, the Blazers only need to beat the Jazz on closing night to lock up the 3rd seed. They can rest Lillard until then if they choose. Of course it might already be decided by then. The Blazers' magic number with the Jazz is 2 and with the Spurs it's 1.

The Lakers helping you. They're gonna play the Jazz soon.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#16 » by Chris3323 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 10:25 pm

mjvile wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:

Some great advice. What teams medical staff are you on?

He took my advice ;)

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/4/5/17205110/damian-lillard-injury-news-trail-blazers-ed-davis-spurs
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#17 » by CelticsWin5 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 10:55 pm

mjvile wrote:

There you go Boston fans, now with Irving out 4-6 months you all have your excuse of not getting out of the second round yourself.
Celtics starting 5 still undefeated in a playoffs series when healthy
mjvile
Senior

Post#18 » by mjvile » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:30 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
mjvile wrote:

Celtics starting 5 still undefeated in a playoffs series when healthy

:lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion