Kyrie Irving Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 8, 2018 1:32 pm

The Boston Celtics announced Kyrie Irving underwent successful surgery on Saturday to remove two screws in his left patella.

“The surgery went exactly as planned, and we expect Kyrie to be fully healthy for training camp in the fall,” said Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge.

Irving is expected to need four to five months to recover from the procedure.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Re: Kyrie Irving Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery 

Post#2 » by Vibranium » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:29 pm

Has there ever been an "unscuccessful" surgery in the nba yet?
Read on Twitter
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#3 » by dan-man » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:51 am

VYoungJrIII wrote:Has there ever been an "unscuccessful" surgery in the nba yet?

Hah... I don't recall ever reading about one. I suppose initial success is contingent on not dying.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:12 am

VYoungJrIII wrote:Has there ever been an "unscuccessful" surgery in the nba yet?

Pretty sure there used to be unsuccessful surgeries. Doesn't happen much anymore cuz of better tech and more money I suppose.

I'd say Grant Hill and Oden had some not so successful surgeries.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#5 » by puja21 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 2:22 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:

Pretty sure there used to be unsuccessful surgeries. Doesn't happen much anymore cuz of better tech and more money I suppose.

Incorrect; as the OP was joking about, all surgeries are reported as "successful" immediately following, before anyone knows anything. It's akin to "ranking a team's draft class" 24 hours after the draft ends

Jan 3, 2001:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=100000&page=1

Orlando Magic forward Grant Hill underwent bone-graft surgery on his left ankle today, with the team and doctors predicting a full recovery.

“Grant had a nonunion of a fracture as a result of a lack of blood supply to that area,” said Dr. Mark Myerson, who performed the surgery. “The prognosis is for a full recovery.”

Magic General Manager John Gabriel accompanied Hill to Baltimore. “We are pleased with the outcome of Grant’s surgery this morning and anticipate a full recovery and his return to All-Star form next season,” Gabriel said.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 am

puja21 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

Incorrect; as the OP was joking about, all surgeries are reported as "successful" immediately following, before anyone knows anything. It's akin to "ranking a team's draft class" 24 hours after the draft ends

Jan 3, 2001:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=100000&page=1

Orlando Magic forward Grant Hill underwent bone-graft surgery on his left ankle today, with the team and doctors predicting a full recovery.

“Grant had a nonunion of a fracture as a result of a lack of blood supply to that area,” said Dr. Mark Myerson, who performed the surgery. “The prognosis is for a full recovery.”

Magic General Manager John Gabriel accompanied Hill to Baltimore. “We are pleased with the outcome of Grant’s surgery this morning and anticipate a full recovery and his return to All-Star form next season,” Gabriel said.

Well, Hill's complication was discovered a few days after the surgery.

Looks like Deng's surgery on the spine wasn't declared successful?

There's gotta be more of that in history.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion