Kristaps Porzingis: I'll Start Thinking About Knicks' Rebuild When I'm Healthy

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kristaps Porzingis: I'll Start Thinking About Knicks' Rebuild When I'm Healthy 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Kristaps Porzingis addressed the media on Saturday, one day after the Knicks' front office said their rebuild could take 3-5 years.

Porzingis is rehabbing his torn ACL.

“I’m an impatient individual in life, small things also,’’ Porzingis said regarding the slow rebuild. “But I know one thing: I’m going to have to be patient with the knee. That’s the number one thing right now on my mind. It’s hard for me to think about all these things. All that’s on my mind right now is my knee. When things happen, all I can think about is the next step. I’ll start thinking about [the rebuild] when I’m healthy.”

Porzingis will be eligible for a contract extension this summer and reiterated that he'd like to remain with the Knicks.

“Of course, I love this place as I’ve said before, and right now I’m just focused on the knee,’’ Porzingis said.

Porzingis said he’s too busy with the knee to offer input on the Knicks' coaching decision.

“I’m sure the front office, they will make the right decisions and to build something that that can go a long way,’’ Porzingis said. “I think they will make the right decisions, so we have to trust them.’’

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Re: Kristaps Porzingis: I'll Start Thinking About Knicks' Rebuild When I'm Healthy 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Trust the Knick's front office?!? Poor guy is really confused

He really should leave the Knicks the first chance he gets. He'd be better off on almost any other team. Don't sign an extension. Or sign it and demand a trade...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Kristaps Porzingis: I'll Start Thinking About Knicks' Rebuild When I'm Healthy 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:16 pm

alienpick wrote:Trust the Knick's front office?!? Poor guy is really confused

He really should leave the Knicks the first chance he gets. He'd be better off on almost any other team. Don't sign an extension. Or sign it and demand a trade...

I respect that the Knicks fans are hard core as they can get. It still troubles me they still going to these games knowing how inept the Knicks front has been for years. The decisions they continue to make offers no positive direction towards gaining traction to better the team and the organization as a whole.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:24 pm

~lol~ Nothing he can do now.

OP: Good idea, all is moot if the knee isn't right.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 pm

SD2042 wrote:

I respect that the Knicks fans are hard core as they can get. It still troubles me they still going to these games knowing how inept the Knicks front has been in years. he decisions they continue to make offers no positive direction towards gaining traction to better the team and the organization as a whole.

Ya, they need to emulate the Process, only by blowing it up can they improve.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#6 » by Iguodaladon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 pm

The Knicks doctors probably operated through his skull to get to his knee
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,711

Post#7 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 am

I bet he regrets letting his agent 'protect him' from joining the 6ers.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#8 » by br7knicks » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Trade princess porzingis while you can
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to Wiretap Discussion