Joel Embiid 'Sick And Tired Of Being Babied'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Re: Joel Embiid 'Sick And Tired Of Being Babied' 

Post#41 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:Wrong only players with brittle bones would break their face with that soft hit from fultz

CelticsWin5 wrote:They're trying to rush back a guy who broke his face... Not just the but rushing him to play into a physical playoff series
This should really end well for joel "brittle bones made of glass" embiid

Heat in 5

CelticsWin5 wrote:Celtics in 4

Sixers aren't rushing broken face glass man back

CelticsWin5 wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:This has nothing to do with him being injury prone, stop bit**ing about everything, lol.

Yes it does. He has brittle bones. You know nothing about human physiology

CelticsWin5 wrote:That's game. 76ers destroyed. Enjoy the back pain embiid for playing 1000 minutes tonight for an L. Westbrook with the statement win

CelticsWin5 wrote:Cue the 76ers fans with the defensive response explaining that the sixers are good with embiid (if healthy) because embiid (if healthy) can win MVP and embiid (if healthy) can win DPOY and embiid (if healthy) can win 10 championships and embiid (if healthy) can rule the galactic empire

Except embiid is never healthy. If I had a penny for every "if healthy" I saw following embiids name in the general board, id be the richest man on the planet. He's not healthy and will retire in 3 seasons similar to Yao Ming.

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#42 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:He never had a problem being babied when the team wasn't as good and he sat on the bench collecting millions of dollars. Life is really rough for this guy...

Wow it's almost like demonstrated excellence at something you're being paid to do makes you want to do it

Then he should be thinking long term. He has to think chess, not checkers. Coming back preemptively could do more bad than good. He is a basketball player, let the doctor's do their jobs.

I can appreciate the desire to play, but it's not his choice, he shouldn't be publicly throwing his superiors under the bus. It is the same process he enjoyed on the sidelines for years with nothing but praise.

Maybe Sixers management should come out and say how sick they are of him sitting on the bench injured. See how inappropriate it is now?
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#43 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 am

Embiid for Kawhi both organizations get what they want.

Spurs get someone who wants to play injured. Philly gets someone who doesn't want to play eventhough they are healthy. Win win.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,212

Post#44 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:36 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
He’s definitley injury prone, I just understand why you think that makes him soft? That’s not my definition of soft, that’s my definition. Of injury prone. Especially since in this article, he’s specifically asking the team to stop babying him because he wants to be on the court. That makes your timing of all this very odd.

Anyone that gets hit in the face is injury prone. Of the 240 players on playoffs rosters, those that have been hit in the face are 76.2% more likely to be injured than those that were not hit in the face. In fact, players that were hit in the face were the most likely set of players to be injury prone of all the groups included in this study.

Wrong only players with brittle bones would break their face with that soft hit from fultz

How can I be wrong? My made up stats are 100% correct 86% of the time.

Also, you are making ridiculous assumptions. We all know that hitting a home run fells almost like you hit nothing at all. Perfect contact. Now Embiid's face knows it too. Speculation about his bone density from this is nutballz!
LAL
Sixth Man
And1: 2,860

Post#45 » by LAL » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 am

spikeslovechild wrote:Embiid for Kawhi both organizations get what they want.

Spurs get someone who wants to play injured. Philly gets someone who doesn't want to play eventhough they are healthy. Win win.

Lmao
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#46 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:35 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
He’s definitley injury prone, I just understand why you think that makes him soft? That’s not my definition of soft, that’s my definition. Of injury prone. Especially since in this article, he’s specifically asking the team to stop babying him because he wants to be on the court. That makes your timing of all this very odd.

Anyone that gets hit in the face is injury prone. Of the 240 players on playoffs rosters, those that have been hit in the face are 76.2% more likely to be injured than those that were not hit in the face. In fact, players that were hit in the face were the most likely set of players to be injury prone of all the groups included in this study.

Wrong only players with brittle bones would break their face with that soft hit from fultz

So if a player fails to finish the season due to injury 6 of the past 8 years of their basketball life, would you say that they’re brittle and injury prone?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#47 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:He never had a problem being babied when the team wasn't as good and he sat on the bench collecting millions of dollars. Life is really rough for this guy...

Wow it's almost like demonstrated excellence at something you're being paid to do makes you want to do it

Then he should be thinking long term. He has to think chess, not checkers. Coming back preemptively could do more bad than good. He is a basketball player, let the doctor's do their jobs.

I can appreciate the desire to play, but it's not his choice, he shouldn't be publicly throwing his superiors under the bus. It is the same process he enjoyed on the sidelines for years with nothing but praise.

Maybe Sixers management should come out and say how sick they are of him sitting on the bench injured. See how inappropriate it is now?
:lol:
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#48 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 pm

joesweeney wrote:You may think he is being babied, but the truth is Philly is better without him in the line up. Yes he is an allstar and a game changer, but he slows the game down for Philly. A slower game is not something that Philly wants to get into with Miami. They elude to the 3 point shot. They Live and Die by it. Game one, they lived by it. Game two, they died by it. Quite Frankly, Philly needs to make 15+ 3pt shots at a 45+ % rate in order to win. If they can mix Embiid in while doing this, then that's their game plan. Truthfully, Miami's D is too hard to allow this, and this "sweep" turned into a dog fight.

Your whole analysis is based on two games and quite frankly incorrect. The Sixers won plenty with Embiid this year. Saying they are a better team without him in the line-up is the hottest of the takes. When Miami only has to "worry" about Amir Johnson under the basket, it gives them much more freedom to get up on Redick, Belinelli, Ilyasova, and Covington. No need to sag off to double team or deny the entry pass to Embiid. Let's use a large sample, size, how about the 76ers' 16 game win streak to finish the regular season, 8 of which Embiid was a part of?

vs. Bucks 15/36 41.7%
vs. Hawks 17/37 45.9%
vs. Mavericks 8/27 29.6%
vs. Cavaliers 14/39 35.8%
vs. Pistons 13/30 43.3%
vs. Nets 9/21 43.7%
vs. Hornets 14/32 43.7%
vs. Hawks 8/38 21%
vs. Knicks 9/31 29%
vs. Nuggets 13/29 44.8%
vs. Wolves 13/37 35.1%
vs. Magic 15/37 40.5%
vs. Grizzlies 11/31 35.5%
vs. Hornets 18/44 40.9%
vs. Nets 12/27 44.4%
vs. Knicks 15/37 40.5%

Of those 16 wins, the Sixers only met your "15 threes at a 45% clip" criteria once, so you're definitely using a lazy generalization based on the outcome of Game 1.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Caese
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#49 » by Caese » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:40 am

joesweeney wrote:
Caese wrote:
joesweeney wrote:You may think he is being babied, but the truth is Philly is better without him in the line up. Yes he is an allstar and a game changer, but he slows the game down for Philly. A slower game is not something that Philly wants to get into with Miami. They elude to the 3 point shot. They Live and Die by it. Game one, they lived by it. Game two, they died by it. Quite Frankly, Philly needs to make 15+ 3pt shots at a 45+ % rate in order to win. If they can mix Embiid in while doing this, then that's their game plan. Truthfully, Miami's D is too hard to allow this, and this "sweep" turned into a dog fight.

Let's not forget about defense. Embiid is a legit DPOY candidate. You may be right about slowing things down. But you can't deny Embiid is a huge upgrade at center than Amir Johnson/Rashaun Holmes on both (emphasis on "both") sides of the floor.

And if BC/Philly feels this way (unlikely), I'm sure there are 29 other GMs that would be happy to take Embiid off Philly's hands so they can play a better brand of basketball lol.

I agree with you there. He is a potential DPOY and and he is a huge upgrade from the back up bigs. Any franchise would take him, but his game style, and Phillys game style with Embiid out there is not conducive to the game plan they should have vs Miami. They are a tougher beat for Miami without him just because Miami can counter Embiid with Hassan. Without a big, Hassan is still searching for his role. I think that's why we haven't seen him yet, even thought hes been cleared. It's going to be a close one either way.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't want enough 6ers games to say you're wrong. But I have seen a lot of Miami. And for a team that has trouble scoring, and likes to muck up the game with the "They can't call every foul" mantra, I think having the biggest/best player on the floor is always the best strategy. But we'll see how this all unfolds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion