James Dolan: I Just Think Phil Jackson Underestimated The Job

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Re: James Dolan: I Just Think Phil Jackson Underestimated The Job 

Post#21 » by skulky » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

miltk wrote:dolan should just stfu. the WHOLE org is a mess and that's on him. it was a mess before jax, it is a mess now, and will be going forward. the lure that was once made NYC attractive is no longer valid in today's world. nyk would actually have to do something good instead of relying on the nyc glamour - that was 60% of their sales pitch, 95% of which was negated by dolan

James Dolan is a pos. The Knicks major problem is his ownership. They will never be good as long as he’s involved. He should stick to forcing his crap band to open for Pink Floyd at msg.
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#22 » by davidavydave » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 pm

skulky wrote:
miltk wrote:dolan should just stfu. the WHOLE org is a mess and that's on him. it was a mess before jax, it is a mess now, and will be going forward. the lure that was once made NYC attractive is no longer valid in today's world. nyk would actually have to do something good instead of relying on the nyc glamour - that was 60% of their sales pitch, 95% of which was negated by dolan

James Dolan is a pos. The Knicks major problem is his ownership. They will never be good as long as he’s involved. He should stick to forcing his crap band to open for Pink Floyd at msg.

James Dolan is the worst figure in sports. He is a perpetual wrong doer. I don't know of a single good move he made....other than getting Phil Jackson to the Knicks.

Phil for SURE effed up once or twice or thrice, but that comes with the job of inheriting a **** franchise with an aging, selfish star. At the end of the day, he gave the entire city hope, which didn't last much, but it was way better than anything they were experiencing the past decade. He got them Porzingis when NOBODY would have picked him in the top 15. People still forget on draft night when literally every single Knicks fan was booing the pick....now they're all on his nuts lol. New York fans always need something to blame because it is impossible for them to blame themselves (don't worry New York fans, us fans in LA are exactly the same lol). Now that Phil is out the door, all the troubles were cus of him???

I disagreed with the way Phil handled the Melo situation. Especially the way he was just so passive aggressively calling him out and saying he should leave New York. But at the end of the day, Melo leaving New York was incredibly important, and Phil was the guy who made it happen.

What were the Knicks like before Phil.....and now what are the Knicks now after Phil's tenure......that truly is all you need to know about someone who works in upper management. It's never about one or two decisions. At the end of the day, is the team better for the future. James Dolan needs to shutup and just collect his checks. Dude is cancerous.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#23 » by cheese318 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Pretty sure I’d rather Donovan Mitchell over Dennis Smith Jr.

dubbmotta wrote:
draftnightsuit wrote:Phil inherited a terrible team with no cap space, no draft pick, and an overrated fake “superstar” that he was forced to accommodate.

It wasn’t Phil’s fault that some moron thought it was a good idea to trade an unprotected 1st for one year of Andrea Bargnani. But Phil payed for the sins of former incompetent Knicks management.

He drafted Porzingis, didn’t trade any 1sts, and forced them to get rid of Melo. It wasn’t pretty, but he got the job done.

He left the Knicks in a better position than they were when he got there, although he ended up getting blamed for everything wrong with the whole organization.

Phil drafted that French kid over Dennis Smith Jr. and gave Noah and Lee terrible contracts. Justify that...
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#24 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

F Dolan. Cluless lottery winner is the one constant in all the losing the market may have wanted PJ but they didn't talk to him everyday you did. If he underestimated the job you overestimated him and you can blame the market but it wasn't their decision it was yours.

You unaccountable coward. So glad I dropped the knicks they have great fans and deserve so much better then this bum
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#25 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm

I just think Dolan underestimated the job of being an owner of an NBA team.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#26 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:15 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:I just think Dolan underestimated the job of being an owner of an NBA team.

Beat me to it.

Its been what 25 years since the knicks were a legitimate consistent threat.... Sure it's pjax! He's off polishing his rings dolan and you still have a circus on your hands.

If kp is smart he'll get out.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#27 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:I just think Dolan underestimated the job of being an owner of an NBA team.

Beat me to it.

Its been what 25 years since the knicks were a legitimate consistent threat.... Sure it's pjax! He's off polishing his rings dolan and you still have a circus on your hands.

If kp is smart he'll get out.

Then he'll have to give up the supermax...
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion