Hornets To Interview Ime Udoka

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hornets To Interview Ime Udoka 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Ime Udoka will interview with the Charlotte Hornets' coaching vacancy.

Udoka has been an assistant coach with the Spurs since 2012.

Ettore Messina and David Fizdale are other strong candidates for the Hornets' job.

The Hornets fired Steve Clifford this offseason.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Hornets To Interview Ime Udoka 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Good call
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#3 » by NatiboyB » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I was wondering why his name didn't pop up he seems like a good candidate and his name was ringing a few seasons ago...I could see him being a good fit for any of charlotte, atlanta, or even portland if they decide to rebuild it.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Another Popffspring
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
springcadre
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#5 » by springcadre » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 am

Flip Kemba, rebuild, hit the cultural reset button led by gymrat/all around good guy Udoka. Go the Atlanta route, get some good out of players that aren't super stars but super role players (say Malik Monk, Lamb), don't overpay, and build around those draft picks.
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#6 » by NatiboyB » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm

springcadre wrote:Flip Kemba, rebuild, hit the cultural reset button led by gymrat/all around good guy Udoka. Go the Atlanta route, get some good out of players that aren't super stars but super role players (say Malik Monk, Lamb), don't overpay, and build around those draft picks.

I would agree but I think MJ wants to have a Hornet for the allstar game. I think it’s more likely they try to package the pick, MKG and someone else for an upgrade to help Kemba....

I wish they would just blow it up though.
springcadre
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#7 » by springcadre » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm

NatiboyB wrote:
springcadre wrote:Flip Kemba, rebuild, hit the cultural reset button led by gymrat/all around good guy Udoka. Go the Atlanta route, get some good out of players that aren't super stars but super role players (say Malik Monk, Lamb), don't overpay, and build around those draft picks.

I would agree but I think MJ wants to have a Hornet for the allstar game. I think it’s more likely they try to package the pick, MKG and someone else for an upgrade to help Kemba....

I wish they would just blow it up though.

It sucks when clubs resist progress for nonbasketball reasons but understandable. Kemba probably has the best contract in the NBA too, feel like you could get a lot for him and Dwight’s expiring. Take on some bad contracts since no one is touching the Batum deal anytime soon, roll out Monk and some G leaguers. See if you can find the next Robert Covington/Trey Burke out there and add to that core with some lottery picks. Feel like you guys could be eating in a few years a la Philly.

Return to Wiretap Discussion