Brian Scalabrine Takes Blame For Issues Coaching With Mark Jackson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Brian Scalabrine Takes Blame For Issues Coaching With Mark Jackson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Brian Scalabrine took responsibility for his fallout as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors under Mark Jackson and recommended him for the New York Knicks' vacancy.

"It was totally my fault," said Scalabrine.

Scalabrine was demoted to coaching the D-League for what Jackson later labeled as “disrespect.”

“It was like no locker room I’ve ever been a part of, just his technique for motivating guys to run through a wall for him,” Scalabrine told the Daily News. “And if I had a young team I would definitely think about hiring a guy like Mark because there’s a certain amount of development that has to happen in the NBA. And guys need to take strides. And confidence is a big part of it. And he knows how to bring out that confidence.”

Scalabrine understands now he should have been more supportive of Jackson.

“I grew as a coach during my time with him and looking back it was totally my fault. I didn’t understand – at the time it was difficult to understand the pressures of being a head coach in this league. I could have done a better job of supporting him,” Scalabrine told The News, adding later, “I could have done a much better job of handling my situation. No question about it. I was young — the youngest bench coach and assistant in the NBA. I didn’t understand the pressures of being a head coach. There’s a lot of things I could’ve done better. And also I could’ve handled it better when I eventually got out. For me, it was a good opportunity. It was a really good growing experience for me. Mark made me a better coach.”

Via Stefan Bondy/New York Daily News

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: Brian Scalabrine Takes Blame For Issues Coaching With Mark Jackson 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Mark Jackson is an awful coach and worse announcer, but he makes plays for others
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Chris3323 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:45 pm

nedleeds wrote:Mark Jackson is an awful coach and worse announcer, but he makes plays for others

Hes an entertaining announcer. you rather have C Webb?? no way
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Chris Webber is actually a good announcer

Chris3323 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Mark Jackson is an awful coach and worse announcer, but he makes plays for others

Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 pm

RedMamba is too nice. it's not his job to help "Sell" the HC to the players/FO.
MJ was toast bc he's limited. 1trick pony. Creative speaker, one msg.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Translation: It's a small league and Scalabrine knows it's not wise to burn bridges.

And any team that hires Jackson to coach deserves what it gets.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:12 am

Chris3323 wrote:

I think most people prefer Webber to Jackson actually and Reggie Miller is hated by most.

IMO, Webber is by far the best of those 3 and Jackson is like nails on a chalkboard. I can’t stand him.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:44 am

What exactly did he do tho?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion