Re: Draymond On Barkley's Punch Comments: It's Pretty Embarrassing For TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Draymond On Barkley's Punch Comments: It's Pretty Embarrassing For TNT 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 2, 2018 2:49 pm

Draymond Green was asked to respond to comments made by Charles Barkley about wanting to punch him in the face.

Barkley's comments came at halftime after TNT showed footage of Green exchanging words with Rajon Rondo.

"A lot of guys talk on TV," Green said. "Stand behind the microphone on the TV screen. Fact of the matter is, if you feel that strongly about something, he's even seen me a million times, then punch me in my face when you see me. If you're not going to punch me in my face when you see me, then shut up. It's no different than somebody sitting behind a computer screen, tweeting, 'I'll knock you out,' and you never see him in life.

"He's seen me a bunch of times. Punch me in the face when you see me, or if not, no one cares what you would have done. You're old and it is what it is. You ain't going to punch me when you see me, then stop talking about it, period."

Green expounded his comments to Tim Kawakami of The Athletic.

"I think it's pretty sad," Green told The Athletic. "It's probably something that needs to ... when you look at the president of TNT, David Levy, which I know well, it's kind of embarrassing on their behalf ... I'm an employee of the NBA, he's an employee of TNT. And you have your biggest sponsor, one of the faces of that company, saying that on national television. That's embarrassing for them. So that's something -- a problem that they have."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#2 » by CelticsWin5 » Wed May 2, 2018 3:47 pm

Snitching to TNT president cuz you're butthurt Draymond? Sad. What a fake tough guy.

Charles Barkley was simply echoing the thoughts of millions of NBA fans who watch Green flagrant foul and kick his way through games and get away with it. We're tired of this overrated joke player. I'd like to see green getting exposed on lottery teams someday. Unlike Rondo, he haven't shown me that he can dominate a game. It's either one of Steph, Klay or KD that's always leading the offense.

I thought from the body language that Green backed up a little. He's quick to talk - but I doubt he would throw down if it came to it. But I think Rondo would. If Barkley still played today, he would knock him out

If that was Barkley charging Green instead of Rondo, Charles would have likely thrown some haymakers
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#3 » by gordoncatrell » Wed May 2, 2018 4:52 pm

Barkley is 100%. he's had to let his hands fly a few times in this league.
Dray is newbreed, Barkley is truebreed.
Dray is yappy in a Chuck Person way. He's no Oakley.

Rondo did what Alphas have to do, he made sure the to not let a barking dog irritate his teammates.
Rondo is no punk.

I Dont mind Barkley commenting on this realtime. Dray LOVES the attn he gets for his "Fire & Intensity". well, this comes with it. Legends can see exactly what he's up to.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#4 » by totalrekall » Wed May 2, 2018 4:59 pm

it was funny. Draymond does some of the same stupid stuff Rodman used to do to tick off his opponents. people wanting to punch you in the face comes w/ the territory. how does he not understand that?
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,200

Post#5 » by antonac » Wed May 2, 2018 5:10 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Unlike Rondo, he haven't shown me that he can dominate a game. It's either one of Steph, Klay or KD that's always leading the offense.

really? in the 2016 season with Steph out it was Draymond that stepped up.

in game 7, with his teammates playing poorly draymond put in a monster performance, I saw an article about it recently ear-marking it as one of the great "lost" performances of all time (because it came in defeat people overlook it).

call him whiny, or whatever but this narrative that he's some scrub is just moronic.
SixStringAxis
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#6 » by SixStringAxis » Wed May 2, 2018 6:37 pm

Its really not. Barkley and the others speaking their mind is what won the show emmys. Has he not watched the show especially after midnight? When they say whatever they want. People love it and Draymond is just an idiot period. Barkleys not running for president here. Draymonds trying to piggyback on the idea that everything should be politically correct when EVERYONE knows Barkley is not that.

Barkley don't change. He should come back and say exactly what he usually would "someone should punch Draymond in the face"
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#7 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 2, 2018 6:45 pm

Says the guy who takes cheap shots at people's groins... What a dumbass

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#8 » by delsol650 » Wed May 2, 2018 7:20 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:Snitching to TNT president cuz you're butthurt Draymond? Sad. What a fake tough guy.

Charles Barkley was simply echoing the thoughts of millions of NBA fans who watch Green flagrant foul and kick his way through games and get away with it. We're tired of this overrated joke player. I'd like to see green getting exposed on lottery teams someday. Unlike Rondo, he haven't shown me that he can dominate a game. It's either one of Steph, Klay or KD that's always leading the offense.

I thought from the body language that Green backed up a little. He's quick to talk - but I doubt he would throw down if it came to it. But I think Rondo would. If Barkley still played today, he would knock him out

If that was Barkley charging Green instead of Rondo, Charles would have likely thrown some haymakers

You sound like one of those Cavs fans crying, snitching and lobbying that got Draymond Suspended and turned the tide on that series. :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Re: Re: Draymond On Barkley's Punch Comments: It's Pretty Embarrassing For TNT 

Post#9 » by MartinToVaught » Wed May 2, 2018 7:33 pm

Meanwhile, the crap Draymond is allowed to get away with on every possession is embarrassing for the NBA.

So is Draymond being so anti-competitive that he called Kevin Durant and begged him to join the Warriors immediately after Game 7 of the Finals.
delsol650
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by delsol650 » Wed May 2, 2018 7:35 pm

SixStringAxis wrote:Its really not. Barkley and the others speaking their mind is what won the show emmys. Has he not watched the show especially after midnight? When they say whatever they want. People love it and Draymond is just an idiot period. Barkleys not running for president here. Draymonds trying to piggyback on the idea that everything should be politically correct when EVERYONE knows Barkley is not that.

Barkley doesn't change. He should come back and say exactly what he usually would "someone should punch Draymond in the face"

I laugh when people suggest that show is emmy worthy or emmy winning. :crazy:
https://www.emmys.cohttps://www.emmys.com/news/awards-news/infographic-how-emmy-wonm/news/awards-news/infographic-how-emmy-won
You have one fat hater that hates everyone especially people with Rings cause of his jealousy of never having one nor having won a championship. Dude never knows what the hell he's talking about. And always tries to be controversial for ratings and entertainments sake. People only watch that show the entertainment they bring not the basketball content at all. I pity any franchise that actually puts any of those jokers as a GM or somewhat with decision making powers in a franchise. Kenny is more tolerable than the other 2 jokers.

They're good for strictly their entertainment and stupidity than anything else, slightly a step above the idiocy of Marc Jackson and JGV. That hardly really talk about basketball while announcing a game rather talk trivial crap and talk about themselves more than the game they're supposed to be announcing.

But that's just my .02 like the jokers on TNT provide as well
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#11 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed May 2, 2018 8:16 pm

There's a difference between I want to and I'm going to.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#12 » by alienpick » Wed May 2, 2018 8:50 pm

Snowflake needs to chill out. Why does he care so much about what Barkley said?

Embarrassment for TNT? No, more like ratings gold, especially since Draymond totally validated their show by talking about it. Is Draymond talking about what some small time internet reporter says? No, he's talking about what was said on TNT's show. Obviously the show is relevant if the players are getting upset and talking about it. Barkley started the narrative and now Draymond's carrying it on. Exactly why TNT wants Barkley to keep talking and making them relevant.

Silly stupid Draymond, you're giving them exactly what they want.
delsol650
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by delsol650 » Wed May 2, 2018 9:03 pm

alienpick wrote:Snowflake needs to chill out. Why does he care so much about what Barkley said?

Embarrassment for TNT? No, more like ratings gold, especially since Draymond totally validated their show by talking about it. Is Draymond talking about what some small time internet reporter says? No, he's talking about what was said on TNT's show. Obviously the show is relevant if the players are getting upset and talking about it. Barkley started the narrative and now Draymond's carrying it on. Exactly why TNT wants Barkley to keep talking and making them relevant.

Silly stupid Draymond, you're giving them exactly what they want.

He was asked by a reporter during a post game interview. They asked his opinion and he gave it.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#14 » by Sam195 » Wed May 2, 2018 10:25 pm

Lol if TNT fired Barkley and probably to a lesser extent Shaq as well - then people would stop watching. There real life ribbing of each other is what people watch for in addition to the basketball analysis. TNT was not sweating if Kenny was going to leave for a coaching job. And Ernie is probably the rare moderator who can tell when Barkley and Shaq are joking or if something over the line was said. Barkley is still doing free promotion for the nhl because he loves the game and he is right there is more parity and competitiveness in the nhl by a landslide than in the nba. No one knows whose going to win the Stanley cup while majority of basketball fans assume Warriors will win the nba title if they are healthy.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Draymond On Barkley's Punch Comments: It's Pretty Embarrassing For TNT 

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu May 3, 2018 4:16 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
SixStringAxis
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#16 » by SixStringAxis » Thu May 3, 2018 1:18 pm

delsol650 wrote:
SixStringAxis wrote:Its really not. Barkley and the others speaking their mind is what won the show emmys. Has he not watched the show especially after midnight? When they say whatever they want. People love it and Draymond is just an idiot period. Barkleys not running for president here. Draymonds trying to piggyback on the idea that everything should be politically correct when EVERYONE knows Barkley is not that.

Barkley doesn't change. He should come back and say exactly what he usually would "someone should punch Draymond in the face"

I laugh when people suggest that show is emmy worthy or emmy winning. :crazy:
https://www.emmys.cohttps://www.emmys.com/news/awards-news/infographic-how-emmy-wonm/news/awards-news/infographic-how-emmy-won
You have one fat hater that hates everyone especially people with Rings cause of his jealousy of never having one nor having won a championship. Dude never knows what the hell he's talking about. And always tries to be controversial for ratings and entertainments sake. People only watch that show the entertainment they bring not the basketball content at all. I pity any franchise that actually puts any of those jokers as a GM or somewhat with decision making powers in a franchise. Kenny is more tolerable than the other 2 jokers.

They're good for strictly their entertainment and stupidity than anything else, slightly a step above the idiocy of Marc Jackson and JGV. That hardly really talk about basketball while announcing a game rather talk trivial crap and talk about themselves more than the game they're supposed to be announcing.

But that's just my .02 like the jokers on TNT provide as well

You proved my point. I don't think they give out Emmy's because of basketball analysis. They won an Emmy because it's both entertaining and decent analysis.

They are no where near as good as they used to be. Both in entertainment and analysis. The show used to be absolute riot after midnight, 5+ years ago. I don't think it necessarily because of Shaq but instead they are all just getting old and have done it for so many years.. but it's around the time Shaq became full time or a little before that it slowly went downhill.

With that said they are still better on the basketball side of analysis than the other major networks. ESPN is so dumbed down and scripted. Even with Pierce , billups and others. You might find something better on NBA tv but that's it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion