Knicks Prepared To Clear Cap Space If LeBron James Shows Interest

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Knicks Prepared To Clear Cap Space If LeBron James Shows Interest 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 4, 2018 3:45 pm

The New York Knicks are prepared to open salary-cap space this offseason in the unlikely event they get an inkling LeBron James has some interest, according to a source.

The Knicks have hired David Fizdale as head coach, who worked with James with the Miami Heat.

The path to clearing space isn’t as daunting as one would think, considering the opt-out clauses of centers Enes Kanter and Kyle O’Quinn.

The Knicks would then have to trade Courtney Lee to a team that could absorb his $12.2 million salary.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Knicks Prepared To Clear Cap Space If LeBron James Shows Interest 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Fri May 4, 2018 5:51 pm

Do. Not. Want.

Would rather keep Noah.

Please don't make more stupid decisions. He won't come to NY anyway. He doesn't have the mental strength to play in NY
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
coopnyc74
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#3 » by coopnyc74 » Fri May 4, 2018 6:05 pm

Is this dumbass headline the result of a F Isola article? If so it is solely based on conjecture and bs, no real sources.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#4 » by gordoncatrell » Fri May 4, 2018 6:11 pm

not in this lifetime.
nice try by NYK to try and stretch out & hijack the news cycle with a mediocre HC hire.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#5 » by MegaK » Fri May 4, 2018 6:19 pm

maybe if KP were healthy Lebron might have the Knicks at the bottom of his list. But with KP expected to be out most of the season, if not the entirety of the next season, I can't see Lebron wanting to come to NY and play there without a second all star. I don't think the Knicks have the cap room to try and get Paul George too. But if they do they better start working on that plan now.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#6 » by cheese318 » Fri May 4, 2018 6:34 pm

LeBron would handle NYC if he came so you are crazy to think he cannot handle it. They just do not have a roster in place that he would consider playing for. They are 2-3 years away with the right moves from being a competitive team. At 33 years old he doesn’t have time to wait for the roster overhaul to become a title contender. He would go to LA before coming to NYK. Mills should have saved money on Tim Hardaway Jr. If they were smart and saved some money and had cap space for two guys that would given the NYK a slim chance but very slim imo. Plus not so sure LBJ is a big fan of James Dolan

br7knicks wrote:Do. Not. Want.

Would rather keep Noah.

Please don't make more stupid decisions. He won't come to NY anyway.

He doesn't have the mental strength to play in NY
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
MegaK
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by MegaK » Fri May 4, 2018 7:03 pm

KP to San Antonio for Kawhi. Draft that dude from vilanova or Trae Young if available. Lebron will sign. Knicks don't have it in them to make moves like this though. They ain't bout dis life.
br7knicks

Post#8 » by br7knicks » Fri May 4, 2018 7:23 pm

MegaK wrote:KP to San Antonio for Kawhi. Draft that dude from vilanova or Trae Young if available. Lebron will sign. Knicks don't have it in them to make moves like this though. They ain't bout dis life.

all of this is either accurate, or would be great, except for trae young. do not want him either. have never met a knicks fan that wanted him

getting kawhi would take pressure off of lebron, as he doens't have the mental capacity or strength to play in NY. kawhi would be at the front of that
RIP, magnumt '19

MegaK
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by MegaK » Fri May 4, 2018 7:25 pm

br7knicks wrote:
MegaK wrote:KP to San Antonio for Kawhi. Draft that dude from vilanova or Trae Young if available. Lebron will sign. Knicks don't have it in them to make moves like this though. They ain't bout dis life.

all of this is either accurate, or would be great, except for trae young. do not want him either. have never met a knicks fan that wanted him

Lebron is fond of trae young. Drafting him is bait for Lebron and trae young is just as good as anyone else the knicks will draft at the no 9 postion. Knicks aint getting a top 3 player in the draft this year.
mwm78
Senior
And1: 159

Post#10 » by mwm78 » Fri May 4, 2018 7:26 pm

If Lebron had guts he would take his talents to NY and make them a playoff and beyond type of team... but not in todays NBA they all want to combine with other top talent and try and do it that way... would love to see a guy like Lebron tell the world that he wants to go to NY and bring them back to the playoffs and respectability... Carmelo tried to do it but Lebron has the overall skills to make a team better by himself with his passing skills etc..... i'd like to see an NBA player attempt to make another team better and make them rise in the standings as opposed to those who join a super team.
br7knicks

Post#11 » by br7knicks » Fri May 4, 2018 7:54 pm

MegaK wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Lebron is fond of trae young. Drafting him is bait for Lebron and trae young is just as good as anyone else the knicks will draft at the no 9 postion. Knicks aint getting a top 3 player in the draft this year.

Yeah he likes Trae. I just don't know any Knicks fans who want him. Think LeBron also wanted Dsjr for Knicks last year
RIP, magnumt '19

dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#12 » by dan-man » Fri May 4, 2018 7:59 pm

br7knicks wrote:Do. Not. Want.

Would rather keep Noah.

Please don't make more stupid decisions. He won't come to NY anyway. He doesn't have the mental strength to play in NY

Would rather keep Noah? What kind of product are you smoking today?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#13 » by dan-man » Fri May 4, 2018 8:05 pm

Another one of those "Sky is blue" articles by RealGM. Keep up the good work!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri May 4, 2018 8:17 pm

I hope this is not the reason they hired Fizdale?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#15 » by ccvle » Fri May 4, 2018 8:18 pm

mwm78 wrote:If Lebron had guts he would take his talents to NY and make them a playoff and beyond type of team... but not in todays NBA they all want to combine with other top talent and try and do it that way... would love to see a guy like Lebron tell the world that he wants to go to NY and bring them back to the playoffs and respectability... Carmelo tried to do it but Lebron has the overall skills to make a team better by himself with his passing skills etc..... i'd like to see an NBA player attempt to make another team better and make them rise in the standings as opposed to those who join a super team.

You mean the gut to play for a city that didnt win any championship in any sport in over 50 years?
Im a knick fan my self but even i would question a player's motive if they say they want to come to play for NY given its past 20 year history. Look at the all the coaches, GMs, and presidents changes over the years. Carmelo "took" the challenge to play in NY and look what the team rewarded him with. Andrea bargnani, jose calderon, derek fisher, phil jackson. I dont know if the new gm and president will be any different but the past knicks were clueless in building a team. They got marbury and wanted to be a chris duhon type of past first pg. They got carmelo and wanted him to play defense and be a faciliator.
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#16 » by davidavydave » Fri May 4, 2018 9:01 pm

mwm78 wrote:If Lebron had guts he would take his talents to NY and make them a playoff and beyond type of team... but not in todays NBA they all want to combine with other top talent and try and do it that way... would love to see a guy like Lebron tell the world that he wants to go to NY and bring them back to the playoffs and respectability... Carmelo tried to do it but Lebron has the overall skills to make a team better by himself with his passing skills etc..... i'd like to see an NBA player attempt to make another team better and make them rise in the standings as opposed to those who join a super team.

Lebron already did the impossible with getting the city of Cleveland a championship. The Cleveland Cavaliers has more championships then the so-called "Mecca-of-basketball" Knicks in the past 50 or so years. He has nothing to prove to anybody about carrying a lost franchise into the promised land. He's already done that. Against the almighty Warriors at that.

Lebron has more guts than literally every single player in New York since Allan Houston. So I don't know what you are talking about when you only want players who have "the guts" to play in a crap franchise with incredible exposure/media presence that will just utlimately highlight your failures as a Knick. Please don't tell me Melo had guts. He just got paid and got mad popular with that huge market.

It's starting to get too played out with Knicks fan talking like their team is still a sought-after destination. They can only accept the best players and nothing less. This type of ego and fan expectation is only going to result in more and more disappointment. But at the end of the day, how can you blame NY fans? If I was a New Yorker, I'd be saying the same thing as you, to be quite honest.

The entire city of NY needs to collude and somehow get James Dolan to sell the team. As long as his dumba$$ is around, the team is going absolutely nowhere. He's been such an incompetent owner for so damn long.
bballshinobi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#17 » by bballshinobi » Fri May 4, 2018 10:01 pm

davidavydave wrote:

Lebron already did the impossible with getting the city of Cleveland a championship. The Cleveland Cavaliers has more championships then the so-called "Mecca-of-basketball" Knicks in the past 50 or so years. He has nothing to prove to anybody about carrying a lost franchise into the promised land. He's already done that. Against the almighty Warriors at that.

Lebron has more guts than literally every single player in New York since Allan Houston. So I don't know what you are talking about when you only want players who have "the guts" to play in a crap franchise with incredible exposure/media presence that will just utlimately highlight your failures as a Knick. Please don't tell me Melo had guts. He just got paid and got mad popular with that huge market.

It's starting to get too played out with Knicks fan talking like their team is still a sought-after destination. They can only accept the best players and nothing less. This type of ego and fan expectation is only going to result in more and more disappointment. But at the end of the day, how can you blame NY fans? If I was a New Yorker, I'd be saying the same thing as you, to be quite honest.

The entire city of NY needs to collude and somehow get James Dolan to sell the team. As long as his dumba$$ is around, the team is going absolutely nowhere. He's been such an incompetent owner for so damn long.

so not true. Knicks have 2 championships in the last 50 years, Cavs have only 1
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#18 » by gordoncatrell » Fri May 4, 2018 10:43 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:I hope this is not the reason they hired Fizdale?

"stupid is as stupid does"
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#19 » by davidavydave » Fri May 4, 2018 11:17 pm

bballshinobi wrote:
davidavydave wrote:

so not true. Knicks have 2 championships in the last 50 years, Cavs have only 1

Haha okay okay. So it's been 45 years since the Knicks' last title, which I would say still technically falls under the category of "50 or so years" that I estimated. But okay, allow me to be more specific.

The Cleveland Cavaliers has more championships then the so-called "Mecca-of-basketball" Knicks since the ABA merged with the NBA.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the 2 titles the Knicks won was before the NBA merger, so they didn't necessarily face the greatest of competition (Julius Erving was in the ABA at the time). But I won't get into that. A ring's a ring, so I'll give them that.

We may disagree on this issue.....but can we at least agree that James Dolan is an idiot? The fact that he is ruining the Knicks also affects the league. So all NBA fans, not just NY, should want to see Dolan leave. The only reason why the Cavs have won more rings than the Knicks since the merger is BECAUSE of James Dolan. I will stand by that statement.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#20 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat May 5, 2018 1:15 am

Don't worry about it Knicks, you're fine. :D

Return to Wiretap Discussion