Jerry West Calls Leaving Warriors 'Most Difficult Thing For Me In My Whole Life'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jerry West Calls Leaving Warriors 'Most Difficult Thing For Me In My Whole Life' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Jerry West played a big role in the rise of the Warriors, but left the franchise in June of 2017 after they were unable to renew his contract.

“Leaving the Warriors was probably the most difficult thing for me in my whole life," said West. "I didn’t want to leave. You get to the point where maybe you don’t feel as valued, but it’s just something that happened. I hold no malice toward anyone over there.

“It did not end the way I wanted it to, that’s for sure. But this is a perfect role for me. People ask me my opinion, and I’m going to give it to them.”

West quickly joined the Los Angeles Clippers in a similar role.

Via Marc Stein/New York Times

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 466

Re: Jerry West Calls Leaving Warriors 'Most Difficult Thing For Me In My Whole Life' 

Post#2 » by Future Coach » Mon May 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Putting his comments together, it kind of seems like they may have stopped asking for his opinion as often as they used to. Given that they are now annual conteders/favorites, it seems reasonable to not need anyone's opinion as often (GM, VP, etc), as you most often just keep the main pieces and fine tune the others as needed. But maybe Mr. West wasn't getting asked about those other pieces like he was before. It would be foolish not to, if that is the case.
Traderwest
Junior
And1: 107

Re: Jerry West Calls Leaving Warriors 'Most Difficult Thing For Me In My Whole Life' 

Post#3 » by Traderwest » Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Future Coach wrote:Putting his comments together, it kind of seems like they may have stopped asking for his opinion as often as they used to. Given that they are now annual conteders/favorites, it seems reasonable to not need anyone's opinion as often (GM, VP, etc), as you most often just keep the main pieces and fine tune the others as needed. But maybe Mr. West wasn't getting asked about those other pieces like he was before. It would be foolish not to, if that is the case.

Money, sometimes people want more money.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 am

Bob Myers becoming arrogant?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion