Re: LeBron James: I Have Zero Level Of Concern After Game 1

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James: I Have Zero Level Of Concern After Game 1 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

The Cavaliers were blown out by the Celtics in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, but LeBron James remains optimistic about his team's chances.

“I have zero level of concern at this stage,” James said. “You get better throughout the series. You see ways you can get better throughout the series. But I’ve been down 0-1, I’ve been down 0- 2. I’ve been down before in the postseason. For me, there’s never no level of concern no matter how bad I played tonight with seven turnovers, how inefficient I was shooting the ball. I’m just as confident going into a series whether it’s a 0-0 series or I’m down 0-1. We have another opportunity to be better as a ball club coming in Tuesday night, and we’ll see what happens.”

Via Jason Lloyd/The Athletic

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Good to read he at least had some concerns on the turnovers.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Re: LeBron James: I Have Zero Level Of Concern After Game 1 

Post#3 » by Hoopzilla » Mon May 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Not concerned because you get better as the series continues. Funny how he feels only his team gets better when the other team ran them off the floor. Arrogance will catch him this time...
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#4 » by Hoopzilla » Mon May 14, 2018 4:05 pm

"there's never no level of concern". Double negative implies a concern or a poor grasp of the English language. Well, he never went to college...
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#5 » by MegaK » Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm

G.O.A.T
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#6 » by gordoncatrell » Mon May 14, 2018 7:21 pm

he's justifiably nervous.
his attempt at ingame adjustments were shrugged off by a fearless batch of youngsters in BOS.
BronInc knows coach Stevens is the best in the league, and Coach has yet to show/implement BOS's adjustments.

Coach Stevens is the next Pop/Phil. loses GH & Kyrie, and is up 1-0 in the ECF.

btw, what does the press expect BronInc's answer to be? "yes, BOS scares me?". plz. clickbait.
Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#7 » by Tim Horton » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Coach Stevens > Coach Lebron

on hindsight i think this is the closest we have to a player-coach this generation in Lebron.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Re: LeBron James: I Have Zero Level Of Concern After Game 1b 

Post#8 » by cheese318 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

We get it you hate LeBron. It’s pretty evident. I would take those opinions seriously but you are so weighted on hating LeBron it truly means absolutely nothing. If LeBron donated his life’s savings to try to fix world poverty or cure cancer you would figure out a negative spin in regards to LBJ.

If Steph Curry/Kevin Durant say the exact same comment tonight if they lose to the Rockets tonight I doubt you say a word.

Hoopzilla wrote:Not concerned because you get better as the series continues. Funny how he feels only his team gets better when the other team ran them off the floor. Arrogance will catch him this time...

Hoopzilla wrote:"there's never no level of concern". Double negative implies a concern or a poor grasped of the English language. Well, he never went to college...
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by gordoncatrell » Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 pm

cheese318 wrote:We get it you hate LeBron. It’s pretty evident. I would take those opinions seriously but you are so weighted on hating LeBron it truly means absolutely nothing. If LeBron donated his life’s savings to try to fix world poverty or cure cancer you would figure out a negative spin in regards to LBJ.

If Steph Curry/Kevin Durant say the exact same comment tonight if they lose to the Rockets tonight I doubt you say a word.

Hoopzilla wrote:Not concerned because you get better as the series continues. Funny how he feels only his team gets better when the other team ran them off the floor. Arrogance will catch him this time...

Hoopzilla wrote:"there's never no level of concern". Double negative implies a concern or a poor grasped of the English language. Well, he never went to college...

who hating?
other than the overswing from him - the comment holds true re "better team". BronInc in his private moments would agree that BOS is exceptional and top tier. he's outgunned. he's getting outsmarted. and he's smart enough to see it. there's a glitch in the matrix.
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:03 pm

It’s one game. Boston outplayed the Cavs without a doubt. But all LeBron said he is not worried after one game being he has been d

gordoncatrell wrote:
cheese318 wrote:We get it you hate LeBron. It’s pretty evident. I would take those opinions seriously but you are so weighted on hating LeBron it truly means absolutely nothing. If LeBron donated his life’s savings to try to fix world poverty or cure cancer you would figure out a negative spin in regards to LBJ.

who hating?
other than the overswing from him - the comment holds true re "better team". BronInc in his private moments would agree that BOS is exceptional and top tier. he's outgunned. he's getting outsmarted. and he's smart enough to see it. there's a glitch in the matrix.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by cheese318 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 pm

It’s one game. Boston outplayed the Cavs without a doubt. But all LeBron said he is not worried after one game being he has been down before in many series and it’s healthy to not overreact. But to what Hoopzilla said how is LeBron suppose to react at the presser?

I agree the Celtics are more athletic, better coached and defensively a much better team. This is a perfect storm for LeBron in the ECF because the pacers could not get the finishing touches on winning in round 1 series and imo they should have.

gordoncatrell wrote:

who hating?
Hoopzilla wrote:
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by gordoncatrell » Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm

cheese318 wrote:It’s one game. Boston outplayed the Cavs without a doubt. But all LeBron said he is not worried after one game being he has been down before in many series and it’s healthy to not overreact. But to what Hoopzilla said how is LeBron suppose to react at the presser?

I agree the Celtics are more athletic, better coached and defensively a much better team. This is a perfect storm for LeBron in the ECF because the pacers could not get the finishing touches on winning in round 1 series and imo they should have.

gordoncatrell wrote:

who hating?

ok..handshake...agreed...
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 am

It all depends on how he plays in game 2. If they're able to slow him as much, he needs to start worrying.

But even then, the Celtics would be only protecting homecourt.

Game 3 if they lose again it'd be over tho.

Incredible to see how the young and bobbled Celtics look so much better than the 1st seed Raptors. The Cavs were probably a little bit startled.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#14 » by Hoopzilla » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am

No hate. Now that he is down 2-0, can he give the other team some recognition or is he going to talk about how he came back from bigger holes before and he is still not concerned? :lol:

As for his grasp on the English language, he is pretty lacking...
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by cheese318 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 am

What’s that you say Skip? I believe it’s 2-1 now.

Hoopzilla wrote:

No hate. Now that he is down 2-0, can he give the other team some recognition or is he going to talk about how he came back from bigger holes before and he is still not concerned? :lol:

As for his grasp on the English language, he is pretty lacking...
Hoopzilla wrote:

Return to Wiretap Discussion