Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Devin Booker posted a photo of Karl-Anthony Towns in a Phoenix Suns jersey a few hours after ESPN speculated about the big man's future with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Booker and Towns were teammates at the University of Kentucky.

With the first and 16th overall picks in this year's draft, along with incoming first rounders  in 2019 from the Bucks and 2021 from the Heat, the Suns could put together an attractive trade package for Towns.

The Suns are also on record that the first overall pick could be made available.

Towns is eligible for a contract extension this offseason.

Via RealGM Staff Report

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Re: Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey 

Post#2 » by cedric76 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:07 am

Suns should go all in for him

Min should listen offers too
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#3 » by LAKESHOW » Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 am

Arizona Center is already better than Towns. Just draft him. Simple.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun May 20, 2018 9:11 am

Some difficult decisions to be made by Minny
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#5 » by NashtyNas » Sun May 20, 2018 9:33 am

cedric76 wrote:Suns should go all in for him

Min should listen offers too

IDK - he got exposed and it seems like with what happened to Minny and Philly against HOU and BOS, it's pretty evident you win with wings in todays league if it wasn't already.

Bigs like Towns and Embiid are great to have, but at the highest level, if you can gather a group of wings in the 6'6-6'9 range that can shoot and defend/switch everything defensively, you're just in a much better position.

With that said, I'd much rather we draft Doncic than trade the #1 overall (and more) for Towns. Sure, Doncic may never be nearly as good as Towns is now, but I take the risk to potentially have a similar version of the splash bros in Doncic and Booker. Booker is damn good offensively already and has shown he can keep up with anyone on that end, if only he can defend like Klay though...

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#6 » by rusoopE » Sun May 20, 2018 10:31 am

If minny trades away KAT they deserve to be out of the PO for the next 15 years... :crazy: :noway:
I can see a lose-lose scenario for both teams if a deal happens. Suns wont gonna be contesting for championship for years to come and i see KAT asking for a trade (ala bledsoe). And Doncic or whoever they pick wont fill the love, hope and desire KAT brought back to wolves' fans, at least wont do it inmediatly.
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#7 » by kuclas » Sun May 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Minnesota did trade away an establish young star. 24 year old Kevin love coming off a monster season in 2013 for overall number 1. Andrew Wiggins.

Minnesota can once again trade a 22 year old young star towns for number 1 pick.

And both had 1 year old and due for big contract extensions.

Similar situations here.

Except Suns are in rebuilding process and Cleveland was ready to win right away.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#8 » by King4Day » Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm

I don't want him because we already have Booker to extend. That's 2 guys who we need to max out this summer. Given he's been molded already (not to say he can't grow), I'd rather we just pick one of Ayton or Doncic and take our chances there.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#9 » by nedleeds » Sun May 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Arizona center is on rookie scale and KAT will need to be maxxed out at which point his already putrid effort on defense will tank to zero. Booker plays no defense either, just imagine the pick and roll against those two.

Just finish the tank. One more year of it, get another top 3 pick -- get rid of all the top 8 picks you've whiffed on like Chriss, Bender, Len and possibly Jackson.

Chriss is a chucker and the dumbest player in the league. Bender looks like a bust, he's going to join Jan Vesley and Darius Miles in the 6'10" and useless club.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,923

Post#10 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Very unprofessional and immature. This kid has a lot of growing up to do.
dzumaal
Junior
And1: 324

Post#11 » by dzumaal » Sun May 20, 2018 3:54 pm

If that idiot McD gives away the first ever Suns #1 pick I'm gonna fly to Phoenix and fart in his face :banghead:
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#12 » by caronimo » Sun May 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Towns still needs to learn to play D better
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 846

Post#13 » by axl_c_cool » Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Phoenix sends: Jackson + Chriss + Bender + Warren + 1st round pick 2019 + 2020 pick swap + 1st round pick 2021 + 2018 2nd round pick

Minnesota sends: Towns + Gibson

Why for Minnesota: If the relationship is that bad with Minnesota and they want value they can get 2 potentially high draft picks and pack out their roster with young talent in Jackson, Warren, and Bender, Chriss gets a new opportunity and environment. They are also dump Gibson/desired contract and give the #2 option back to Wiggins who they have already invested in.

Why for Phoenix Town plays with Booker again and they draft Doncic to give them a future big 3
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#14 » by mg » Sun May 20, 2018 7:21 pm

kuclas wrote:Minnesota did trade away an establish young star. 24 year old Kevin love coming off a monster season in 2013 for overall number 1. Andrew Wiggins.

Minnesota can once again trade a 22 year old young star towns for number 1 pick.

And both had 1 year old and due for big contract extensions.

Similar situations here.

Except Suns are in rebuilding process and Cleveland was ready to win right away.

I get that Ayton and all those picks would probably be a really nice haul for Minny. Actually they very well could win that type of trade. With that said I can't see Jimmy Butler at this stage of career sitting around waiting for Ayton and all these picks to develop. As we saw with Wiggins who was also labeled as a "can't miss" type superstar sometimes these prospects don't work out as advertised.

I agree too that PHX at this stage is probably better off long term to keep adding talented prospects on price controlled contracts. Once you start paying max salaries it gets really tough to bring in top talent due to cap restrictions.
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#15 » by Whetzell » Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:Phoenix sends: Jackson + Chriss + Bender + Warren + 1st round pick 2019 + 2020 pick swap + 1st round pick 2021 + 2018 2nd round pick

Why for Minnesota: If the relationship is that bad with Minnesota and they want value they can get 2 potentially high draft picks and pack out their roster with young talent in Jackson, Warren, and Bender, Chriss gets a new opportunity and environment. They are also dump Gibson/desired contract and give the #2 option back to Wiggins who they have already invested in.

Why for Phoenix Town plays with Booker again and they draft Doncic to give them a future big 3

Terrible for Suns lol. Probably more than twice as much as they would have to send.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#16 » by Neeva » Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Jackson criss bender warren all average may never be stars like KAT
axl_c_cool wrote:Phoenix sends: Jackson + Chriss + Bender + Warren + 1st round pick 2019 + 2020 pick swap + 1st round pick 2021 + 2018 2nd round pick

gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#17 » by gordoncatrell » Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 am

Booker dreaming.
Not in this lifetime.
Pho is a dumpster fire.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Donnyxc » Mon May 21, 2018 3:20 pm

This would piss me off if I was a Sota fan.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion