Steve Kerr Thought Warriors Had Breakthrough In Game 5 Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Kerr Thought Warriors Had Breakthrough In Game 5 Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Steve Kerr entered Game 6 confident of the Warriors' chances due to things he saw his team figure out in their Game 5 loss.

“No, I truly felt something coming,” Kerr said. “I thought we had a breakthrough last game, a couple things offensively. Nothing I want to mention. But I thought we had a couple breakthroughs that were going to lead to this game.

“What I didn’t see coming was the horrific defense we started the game with. Oh my God, we let (Trevor) Ariza get wide open. I made a mistake — at one point I was yelling to David West while play was going on, he looked over at me, (James) Harden hit a 3.

“We were out of sorts. All of us — players and the coaching staff — I thought. Early on, we couldn’t believe what we were seeing. But we just stuck with it. Our guys were great. I just think getting it to 10 at halftime was a really big deal. Because 10 for us is nothing. It’s a couple possessions. Especially here. And sure enough, 8-0 run to start the third quarter, we’re right back in it.”

The Warriors again began to move the ball, cut and screen while getting out in transition.

“Yeah, we’ve been trying to get back to being us all series,” Kerr said. “I think Houston has done a great job of defending us, switching everything. They’ve built a great roster to do what they’re doing. They’ve got size and strength at every position. Sometimes, you kind of have to figure it out in terms of the ball movement.

“A lot of this stuff is different for us, because of the switching 1 through 5. So I think we’ve been trying to get more and more movement and mix in the KD isos against the mismatches. Tonight, obviously, we did a better job of finding the balance.”

Via Tim Kawakami/The Athletic

Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Re: Steve Kerr Thought Warriors Had Breakthrough In Game 5 Loss 

Post#2 » by Hoopstarr » Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Yea, CP3 straining his hamstring.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Going back to Splash Bros plus
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#4 » by likashing » Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Hoopstarr wrote:Yea, CP3 straining his hamstring.

Yes just waiting for CP3 to break down. Happens every season. Mike played a 7 man rotation with just 1 day rest finally did CP3 in this season.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 pm

The AWW SHUCKS schtick of coach Kerr is nails on a chalkboard.
He shouldn't be this tonedeaf. He coaches the dreamteam. They should be smashing opponents. NOT relying on therapeutic break-throughs.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#6 » by BallerTalk » Mon May 28, 2018 5:58 am

Exactly. :lol:
It's easy to claim a breakthrough when one of the best players on the opposing team goes down.
Kerr is even more disingenuous than Phil was.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

It's easy to claim a breakthrough when one of the best players on the opposing team goes down.

For real. :lol:

Yeah, there's a good chance they take it to 7 and beat Houston if CP3 is healthy... well maybe not a good chance, but a reasonable chance, they're obviously that good, but when a team's 2nd best player, who just so happens to be a top 15 player in the NBA, if not better, goes down, that pretty much swung things big time in GSW's favor.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CeraVe
Junior
And1: 230

Post#8 » by CeraVe » Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

For real. :lol:

Yeah, there's a good chance they take it to 7 and beat Houston if CP3 is healthy... well maybe not a good chance, but a reasonable chance, they're obviously that good, but when a team's 2nd best player, who just so happens to be a top 15 player in the NBA, if not better, goes down, that pretty much swung things big time in GSW's favor.

Momentum was on Houston's side and Warriors were not making any counters to Hou's switching defense. I don't know what Kerr is talking about.
CP's injury must have been the breakthrough in game 5.
Professional sports is idolatry.

Return to Wiretap Discussion