Ron Baker Exercises $4.5M Player Option With Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ron Baker Exercises $4.5M Player Option With Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Ron Baker has exercised his $4.5 million player option for the 18-19 season with the New York Knicks.

Baker signed a two-year, $8.9 million deal with the Knicks last offseason.

Via Shams Charania/Yahoo! Sports

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,951

Re: Ron Baker Exercises $4.5M Player Option With Knicks 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 31, 2018 3:42 pm

shocker of the year goes to...
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Thu May 31, 2018 4:27 pm

.....and Baker promptly gave Phil Jackson a 20% cut for working as his agent on the deal....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,330

Post#4 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Baker is a good player. He hustles, plays defense, rarely makes mistakes, hits open shots, doesn't really hurt you anywhere and can defend multiple positions. He got hurt.

I think a lot of people like to hate on him because he's an awkward looking white dude who plays for the Knicks but he's actually a pretty solid player that we got for nothing.

Justin Holiday, Kyle Singler, Jamal Crawford are all worse players on bigger contracts. It's about 4% of the cap and it was only a two year deal.
Go Knicks!
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#5 » by imDatknicksTape » Thu May 31, 2018 6:08 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Baker is a good player. He hustles, plays defense, rarely makes mistakes, hits open shots, doesn't really hurt you anywhere and can defend multiple positions. He got hurt.

I think a lot of people like to hate on him because he's an awkward looking white dude who plays for the Knicks but he's actually a pretty solid player that we got for nothing.

Justin Holiday, Kyle Singler, Jamal Crawford are all worse players on bigger contracts. It's about 4% of the cap and it was only a two year deal.

you must be out of your damn mind, no one was itching to sign baker.... only Phail Jackson would give baker a player option, ridiculous.
his race has nothing to do with it, he sucks plain and simple.
hes about to make the same amount of money as KP lol!!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Baker is a good player. He hustles, plays defense, rarely makes mistakes, hits open shots, doesn't really hurt you anywhere and can defend multiple positions. He got hurt.

White Mamba 2.0?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:

you must be out of your damn mind, no one was itching to sign baker.... only Phail Jackson would give baker a player option, ridiculous.
his race has nothing to do with it, he sucks plain and simple.
hes about to make the same amount of money as KP lol!!

Well KP is on a rookie scale contract so you can't really compare the two. I also don't know how much I trust your knowledge of knowing what every teams front office is offering.
Go Knicks!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#8 » by tiderulz » Thu May 31, 2018 7:19 pm

when you say he can defend multiple positions, you just mean SG and smaller SF's right?
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#9 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 31, 2018 7:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:

when you say he can defend multiple positions, you just mean SG and smaller SF's right?

and point guards...
Go Knicks!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

and point guards...

he would get torn up by PG's.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#11 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
tiderulz wrote:when you say he can defend multiple positions, you just mean SG and smaller SF's right?

and point guards...

he would get torn up by PG's.

Hmm as someone whose watched most of his pro games I'd respectfully disagree. He defended point guards pretty often. How many times have you watched Ron Baker?
Go Knicks!

Return to Wiretap Discussion