Kevin Durant Plans On Re-Signing With Warriors But 'Anything Can Happen' In NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant Plans On Re-Signing With Warriors But 'Anything Can Happen' In NBA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:32 am

Kevin Durant was asked on Wednesday before Game 3 of The Finals if he will re-sign with the Golden State Warriors this offseason.

“Yeah, yeah,” Durant said. “I feel as though (I am). Everything, the money and stuff that’s got to, the contract got to (be) worked out, but I plan on being here. I said that earlier this year. I didn’t plan on anything else. But this is the NBA, and anything can happen. And I know that anything can happen, (because) I’ve been a part of this league for so long now.”

Durant was also asked about a report from Stephen A. Smith that LeBron James may consider the Warriors.

"With the Warriors? I have no clue," said Durant. "I mean everybody can speculate. This guy over here who works for ESPN, I’m sure he’s got a theory. I just don’t believe it. I don’t believe anything in this NBA thing until I see it."

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Kevin Durant Plans On Re-Signing With Warriors But 'Anything Can Happen' In NBA 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 7, 2018 3:35 am

Unless the Cavs win 4 games in a row, then I'll join them, otherwise, I'm staying.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Kevin Durant Plans On Re-Signing With Warriors But 'Anything Can Happen' In NBA 

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 3:52 am

lol Stephen A invented fake news. He reported Durant was going to lakers one season before KD was going to be ufa and it was news to KD who didn't even give the lakers a free agent pitch meeting. And Durant is just trolling the media yeah anything can happen - Mr.Lacob I will take a discount but I ain't gonna get paid less than guys like Lowry, Millsap and Carmelo lmfao.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#4 » by hyberx » Thu Jun 7, 2018 5:43 am

KD also said he will sign with whichever the champ is this year. :lol: Consider yourself trolled if you actually believe Ws' core players are leaving a great culture and great team while they are already getting the top dollars.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#5 » by TKainZero » Thu Jun 7, 2018 6:35 am

He is locking up a 2nd finals mvp in a row

He isn’t going anywhere

He doesn’t have to try for basically 90 games a year
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#6 » by shadrock » Thu Jun 7, 2018 7:04 am

Will always be a loser to me.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#7 » by TimRobbins » Thu Jun 7, 2018 8:11 am

KD will re-sign. Lebron is not going to the Warriors.
alienswon
Rookie
And1: 2,174

Post#8 » by alienswon » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:31 pm

he is only saying this to remind Warriors not to low-ball him.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#9 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:44 pm

KD is a lil whiny mommas boy.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#10 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:52 pm

shadrock wrote:Will always be a loser to me.

Agreed. Lebron is not going to the Warriors and he will remain a loser...
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#11 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:56 pm

Spud2nique wrote:KD is a lil whiny mommas boy.

Sure, but he is also about to go 2-1 against Lebron in the Finals. It speaks volumes about you when you think loving one's mother is something to hold against someone...
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#12 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:58 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:

Sure, but he is also about to go 2-1 against Lebron in the Finals. It speaks volumes about you when you think loving one's mother is something to hold against someone...

:lol: go away
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:20 pm

Kevin Durant isn't going anywhere and he knows that. I will, however, Klay and Draymond they are two different stories. Even though the Warriors owners are billionaires it's a safe bet that they know they can't keep all of them on "super" to max contract, especially when these guys aren't young players. Steph- 30, Klay- 28, Kevin-29, Draymond- 28; with the exception of Steph (who was signed to a supermax contract last off-season), all of these guys can command at least 4-5 yrs $150 Million dollars and at some point you need to start thinking about the future and young players.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,567

Post#14 » by Harry Garris » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:25 pm

alienswon wrote:he is only saying this to remind Warriors not to low-ball him.

They have to low ball him. They can't afford to max him out with their current salary cap situation. Also he's KD he's not looking to sign a long term deal, probably just gonna do another 1+1 and opt out again next summer.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#15 » by jstudabaka » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:27 pm

He's considering that the Celtics may be a safer bandwagon next year
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#16 » by cheese318 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:42 pm

He could slowly change his credibility if he won a few Boston. Imagine KD/LBJ go to LAL. I would laugh. LBJ is not going to GSW. That’s career suicide. He should have chosen golden state in 2015. He would be working on 4 straight titles and GOAT rumors. LBJ decisions just don’t seem to be the correct moves. Teaming up with Wade/Bosh was great for his career but if only they were healthy. I’m looking forward to what he does. Personally if I were LeBron I would work on talking to Kyrie and fixing the relationship to take down the evil empire out west and try to complete a run to finish his career

jstudabaka wrote:He's considering that the Celtics may be a safer bandwagon next year
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#17 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:44 pm

Anyone who thinks this coward is walking away from the easy rings is just deluding themselves. All he has to do is show up in one Finals game every season and the media spends the next year declaring him "better than LeBron" and "the best player in the world." Someone as insecure as Durant is not walking away from that.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#18 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:47 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:

He's 0-1 against LeBron in the Finals. Nothing he does on this Warriors team matters or counts.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#19 » by dan-man » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:47 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Anyone who thinks this coward is walking away from the easy rings is just deluding themselves. All he has to do is show up in one Finals game every season and the media spends the next year declaring him "better than LeBron" and "the best player in the world." Someone as insecure as Durant is not walking away from that.

The jilted Clipper fan calling someone a coward... you are emotionally confused after decades of losing my friend.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#20 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:48 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

He's 0-1 against LeBron in the Finals. Nothing he does on this Warriors team matters or counts.

Agreed.

Return to Wiretap Discussion