Kevin Durant Says He's Re-Signing With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Says He's Re-Signing With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 7, 2018 7:39 pm

While Kevin Durant has suggested twice in recent days that "anything can happen" in the NBA, his future with the Golden State Warriors does appear settled at this point.

"I just sat down with him about half an hour ago and he said he's re-signing with Golden State," said Rachel Nichols on Thursday's edition of The Jump.

Durant will be a free agent again this offseason as he was in 2017. It is not yet clear what type of contract Durant will sign with the Warriors.

Via Rachel Nichols/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Kevin Durant Says He's Re-Signing With Warriors 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 7, 2018 7:47 pm

If the Cavs had won he would sign with them. Now there's next to zero chance that happening, he stays with the Dubs. Hey, but it's next to zero, not zero. He might change.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Zutroy
Ballboy
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Zutroy » Thu Jun 7, 2018 8:55 pm

You know you are a team stacking scrub when fake all stars like Derozan are making more bank than you! Congrats Durant for making the league a predictable, boring wasteland for the next several years!
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#4 » by likashing » Thu Jun 7, 2018 8:55 pm

realGM melts down again!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#5 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:24 pm

"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..."

Oops wrong guy.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#6 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:59 pm

Kevin Durant Says He's Still Scared of Competition
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#7 » by LeMasta » Thu Jun 7, 2018 11:59 pm

Hopefully no more of those salary cuts

make the owners pay for it
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#8 » by hyberx » Fri Jun 8, 2018 12:20 am

Not sure if this news breaks the internet, but it surely breaks a lot of loser fans who blame other teams for their own misery. :lol:

Go draft and develop 3 all-stars, win 73 games in a season, create a great unselfish team culture. Then yeah, you might be able to go ahead and sign a MVP player because he was tired of playing with some ball hog. Before then, good luck with the hating. It won't change anything. :lol:
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#9 » by Money_ » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:17 am

suck it bitter fans... suffer through what Warriors fans have done for years, get yourself some real owners that are willing to spend to win, draft wisely, create a winning culture, and then you will attract the next Kevin Durant. You think this was easy? try again, this ownership doubled down and hit the jackpot. These players sacrificed for the team and won big.
NBARocks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#10 » by NBARocks » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:29 am

He already got his rings. He should go back to OKC and win them one. Like Lebron said, his one ring with Cleveland is worth more than his 2 rings in Miami.
KD doesn't even enjoy the championship he's won in Golden State. He knows it's cheap af.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jun 8, 2018 4:43 am

NBARocks wrote:He already got his rings. He should go back to OKC and win them one. Like Lebron said, his one ring with Cleveland is worth more than his 2 rings in Miami.
KD doesn't even enjoy the championship he's won in Golden State. He knows it's cheap af.

David West
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#12 » by gordoncatrell » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:37 am

NBARocks wrote:He already got his rings. He should go back to OKC and win them one. Like Lebron said, his one ring with Cleveland is worth more than his 2 rings in Miami.

nope. KD gonna have a fist full of chips.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,928

Post#13 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:18 am

Money_ wrote:suck it bitter fans... suffer through what Warriors fans have done for years, get yourself some real owners that are willing to spend to win, draft wisely, create a winning culture, and then you will attract the next Kevin Durant. You think this was easy? try again, this ownership doubled down and hit the jackpot. These players sacrificed for the team and won big.

Yes, let's all just go down to the owners store, pick up a couple ripe ones. You know an owner is ripe when they aren't so green and they give a little resistance when pressed on.

Congrats on all your hard work.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#14 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Jun 8, 2018 9:16 am

Money_ wrote:suck it bitter fans... suffer through what Warriors fans have done for years, get yourself some real owners that are willing to spend to win, draft wisely, create a winning culture, and then you will attract the next Kevin Durant. You think this was easy? try again, this ownership doubled down and hit the jackpot. These players sacrificed for the team and won big.

And the league lost.

The whole league should suffer because one team sucked because of Karma...?

Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#15 » by Simmons25 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 9:48 am

Of course the snake is.

Guarantee the second Golden State start to slow down he will be out of there quicker than he signed.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#16 » by Simmons25 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 9:55 am

gordoncatrell wrote:

nope. KD gonna have a fist full of chips.

and in 20 years time when my son and his grandson are asking about what was Kevin Durant like? the answer 99% of people will give was that he was a snake. A ring chaser who couldn't win on his own and had to join 3 all-stars to do it.

You might say "So what?" but really if Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson or Larry Bird had done it.. would they be looked upon fondly anywhere near as much as they are? Of course not. Imagine growing up now being told by everyone that "Jordan was a snake who needed others to win". He wouldn't have the brand he does now.

As for Golden State's championships? their first one is the only one I credit. They will never be as good as the Bulls or Lakers teams were... no matter how many rings Wikipedia tell me this group has won. And when GSW fans tell me these rings give them joy and happiness... I know they are lying. They are empty championships... because half of what winning a championship is about is other fans respecting your team. Nobody respects Golden State anymore.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#17 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jun 8, 2018 1:11 pm

Javier Acosta wrote:

And the league lost.

The whole league should suffer because one team sucked because of Karma...?

Right? It feels like warriors fans are getting entitled these days.

I'm a Portland fan, we've had some VERY bad luck with injuries (2006-12) and officiating (2000) and runnng into the Jordan bulls in the 90's when that drexler team was good enough to Win it in most eras but you don't see me jumping around saying our bad luck entitles us to have a dynasty.

20 years entitles them to this? This attitude reflects why I'm rooting for the w's to lose every chance I get and why I will never be a bandwagon fan especially one of this warrior team!

And the irony? THEY (the fans) haven't done anything. The team won the ship but sometimes it feels as if fans almost act like they themselves won the title when they degrade other fan bases and their teams
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#18 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Jun 8, 2018 1:15 pm

Simmons25 wrote:Of course the snake is.

Guarantee the second Golden State start to slow down he will be out of there quicker than he signed.

I don't think the term snake fits.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#19 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jun 8, 2018 1:17 pm

1+1 deal?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#20 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:58 pm

I'm a Clippers fan. Warriors fans don't even know what suffering is, by comparison. So there goes that narrative.

The Spurs are the ultimate example of drafting wisely and creating a winning culture, and even they couldn't add a prime MVP to a 73-win team. You guys need to stop pretending that front-office incompetence is the only thing preventing other teams from stacking the deck this badly. This was the combination of cowardly players colluding and a once-in-a-lifetime salary cap spike. It's not something that any other team can replicate.

Return to Wiretap Discussion