Woj: I'm Not Sure LeBron James Even Knows What He's Going To Do

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Woj: I'm Not Sure LeBron James Even Knows What He's Going To Do 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:44 pm

During the middle of The Finals, Tim Kawakami asked several prominent NBA reporters about the pending free agent decision of LeBron James this July.

"I think there's been an expectation going back to last summer that he was obviously seriously going to look elsewhere, but you remember, Cleveland can still pay him the most and if he wants to do that five-year, $200 million supermax deal, if he wants to do that to take him into his late thirties, it's the only place he can do that," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "I just think right now for him there's not an obvious choice. 

"The Lakers are intriguing and if he can get Paul George to partner up with him, or go there this year and chase another star next year or via trade. The Lakers could be very, very good, but I don't think there's anybody who thinks they're a better team than the Warriors, or that they would even be a better team than Houston.

"I just think, in the end, what's important to him. Is it his legacy in Cleveland? Is it making the most here? Staying in the East?

"One GM of one of the better teams in the West said, 'you know, Boston, there was a time you just stay in the East and you have a much easier path to the Finals.' Will that necessarily be true with Boston or Philadelphia? There's not a young team like that in the West...

"I'm not sure LeBron knows what's going to do with this one."

Via Tim Kawakami/The Athletic

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Woj: I'm Not Sure LeBron James Even Knows What He's Going To Do 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jun 8, 2018 4:03 am

It's tough.

The Cavs don't have a lot of 2 ways players. They are stuck with them.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:30 pm

I think it's fairly obvious, given his age, that he'll team up with Paul and Harden in Houston.

The Warriors are much younger than Lebron. There is no shame in joining the Rockets to take on the Warriors. Given the age of Paul and Lebron, I don't think they should even be heavy favorites.
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#4 » by bb22 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 4:57 pm

I highly doubt this. He knows exactly what he wants. And only 3 teams (thus far) are capable of fulfilling his needs. Once the season officially ends, the teams rumoured to be interested will start to make deals and try to acquire as much as possible to entice him to coming. Houston might be the best option on paper right now, but who knows what happens to the rosters this summer.
I think this Finals loss plays a big part in his decision. I think he favours chasing rings as fast as possible, rather than a supermax contract.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:26 pm

Bron Machine has been trying to create movement throughout the league.
He doesn't know what he will do (yet).
He needs to see if certain Orgs pickup the hints and make certain allowances for him
He also needs to coax 2 young superstars and some banana boaters to take the leap.
On the whole, woj is on track.
It all depends on how much ownership(s) wanna be leveraged by his machine. I'm guessing the thirst won't replicate pre Heat jump.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:38 am

He could do an opt-in and trade ala CP3
Lots of options, trade for:

Nurkic, Turner, Leonard
Galo+
Pau+
Cousins+
Favors+
Melo+
Ibaka+
Whiteside+
Thad+
Barton+
Knight+
Parker+
etc
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion