LeBron James' Camp Didn't Leak Report Of Hand Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James' Camp Didn't Leak Report Of Hand Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm

LeBron James wore a cast on his right hand to the podium for his postgame press conference after Game 4. James only wore the cast after it had been reported he suffered a severe contusion by punching a white board after Game 1. James would not have worn the cast had that report not surfaced.

James' camp did not leak news of the injury.

James' teammates and coaches all knew what had happened and it was surprising to some degree that news of the injury hadn't been leaked sooner.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

RoundMound
Sophomore
And1: 56

Re: LeBron James' Camp Didn't Leak Report Of Hand Injury 

Post#2 » by RoundMound » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Doesn't matter. That team wasn't winning if LeBron had 3 hands!
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#3 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

This clearly shows that Lebron is using the BRUISE as an excuse. It is a bruise, not a fracture. There is no need for a cast for a bruise. :crazy: There is no need to parade a cast on your hand when a doctor doesn't see a medical need for it. Unless of course you want public sympathy and want to sell it as an excuse for getting swept and giving up on the court.

They didn't put the story out there, they just tried to use a report of a bone bruise as a broken hand, which it is not. A bruise is not a fracture no matter how much you want us to believe it is. This just shows the true levels of pathetic Lebron will go to just to try and control a narrative. Don't buy what this snake oil salesman is selling, it is nothing but lies...

Again, no fracture, and no surgery is required. So why is this pussy parading a cast and saying his hand is broken? A little common sense indicates he is a poor loser and a pathetically bad liar. :nod:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#4 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Lebron is the reason I am tuning out of the NBA more and more.

It's sad that anyone is leapfrogging past guys like Magic Johnson...... and going right to comparing Lebron to Michael Jordan.

Lebron isn't anywhere near Jordan's level..... and this is from a lebron who benefits from a scorer-friendly era with the new rule changes over the past 15 years.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#5 » by jg77 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 pm

"James would not have worn the cast had that report not surfaced."

Lol what
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#6 » by TKainZero » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I don’t believe this story at all

I think he punched a wall

Media is spinning it to try and cover his stupidity
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#7 » by likashing » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:27 pm

He had the “elbow injury” in 2010 too. He always makes something up when he can’t get it done and leaves. He is so predictable now.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Come on, there's gotta be a video somewhere? Or something like:

But with Mauer/Brothers wearing a whiteboard instead of the fire extinguisher.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#9 » by My2CentsR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 am

"James would not have worn the cast had that report not surfaced. James' camp did not leak news of the injury."
--James Camp
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#10 » by Mwd1981 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 am

LeBron is an amazing physical specimen, but through no fault of his own he can never be the best ever. Being able to bulldoze into the lane 1-on-1 isn’t great.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#11 » by Mwd1981 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:56 am

I can’t hate on LeBron. He’s amazing. If I Could choose to pay to watch any player I wanted, I’m not choosing LeBron. Ball movement is a far better spectacle
commentatorer
Sixth Man
And1: 815

Post#12 » by commentatorer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 am

I'm not convinced he needed a cast in order to speak at the press conference.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#13 » by samwana » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 am

likashing wrote:He had the “elbow injury” in 2010 too. He always makes something up when he can’t get it done and leaves. He is so predictable now.

Yeah poor LeBron was injured when he got swept in the finals? Sure.
You lose ? Just tell the world the other team was way better and go home crying.
Wtf, next time wear pampers when you can't lose like a man.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#14 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:08 pm

3/9
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#15 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 pm

TKainZero wrote:I think he punched a wall

I too think this.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#16 » by gordoncatrell » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm

define camp? if not "camp", how about Satellite or Source-Close-To (family, offcourt business partner, etc)?

word salad from BronInc as always.
other than a stiff back and bad toes, BronInc doesnt get injured. so a "bruised" hand, would feel like death to him.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#17 » by TKainZero » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
TKainZero wrote:I think he punched a wall

I too think this.

I feel this report is really disingenuous...

Like, what if there was a tee-shirt on the wall... would it have said, “lebron hurt hand punching shirt”

I see no way someone hurt themselves on a white board... I literally took my white board off the fridge, held it up, and punched it into two.

Maybe the media got it a little wrong... maybe it was white broad... not funny... violence against women is never funny.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#18 » by Barcs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Lebron is the reason I am tuning out of the NBA more and more.

It's sad that anyone is leapfrogging past guys like Magic Johnson...... and going right to comparing Lebron to Michael Jordan.

Lebron isn't anywhere near Jordan's level..... and this is from a lebron who benefits from a scorer-friendly era with the new rule changes over the past 15 years.

He's in the conversation whether you like it or not. Lebron is stronger than Jordan and plays every position on the court. He scored or assisted on 56 points per game in the playoffs. He carried that team to the finals when they shouldn't have even gotten there and showed why exactly he is in the conversation. Jordan playing on that same Cavs team instead of Lebron and he still gets swept. Jordan never faced a team as good as the Warriors.

I don't think the cast had anything to do with public perception or excuses. He wore the cast because the finals were over. If he had worn it prior, the Warriors would have seen a weak spot and possibly gone after it. Lebron played out of his mind in the finals, injury or no injury. The team lost because the Cavs declined in talent. Losing Kyrie was huge and then flipping Isiah Thomas was just bad. Love is a shell of his former self. They needed more talent to match the firepower of the Warriors.

I don't personally rank Lebron over Jordan yet, but we have to at least let him finish his career before comparing them.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#19 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Barcs wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Lebron is the reason I am tuning out of the NBA more and more.

He's in the conversation whether you like it or not. Lebron is stronger than Jordan and plays every position on the court. He scored or assisted on 56 points per game in the playoffs. He carried that team to the finals when they shouldn't have even gotten there and showed why exactly he is in the conversation. Jordan playing on that same Cavs team instead of Lebron and he still gets swept. Jordan never faced a team as good as the Warriors.

I don't think the cast had anything to do with public perception or excuses. He wore the cast because the finals were over. If he had worn it prior, the Warriors would have seen a weak spot and possibly gone after it. Lebron played out of his mind in the finals, injury or no injury. The team lost because the Cavs declined in talent. Losing Kyrie was huge and then flipping Isiah Thomas was just bad. Love is a shell of his former self. They needed more talent to match the firepower of the Warriors.

I don't personally rank Lebron over Jordan yet, but we have to at least let him finish his career before comparing them.

Any person with any knowledge of the game would not put Lebron in Jordan's stratosphere, especially after this Finals. It's comparing apples and oranges or in this case, winners and losers... Jordan is the GOAT, Lebron has watched a guy has was supposed to be guarding win two Finals MVPs in a row... :crazy:

It is easier for Lebron to make the Finals when he depleted the East with his cherry picking and made his path pretty easy. If Boston were at full strength and they had Kyrie and Hayward, I don't see them making it to the Finals...

It is not a conversation and if it is, it is a very short conversation with some belly laughs at Lebron's expense. You don't run away from guarding Durant in game 3 and still be in a conversation for anything. Legends are made in those big moments, and Lebron's "legend" took a huge hit with his inability to even try to stop Durant from hitting that dagger three on Lebron's home floor to essentially put the series away. Duran'ts legend is growing more and more by the day while Lebron is turning into a very bad joke. Pathetic even.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#20 » by Barcs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
Barcs wrote:

Any person with any knowledge of the game would not put Lebron in Jordan's stratosphere, especially after this Finals. It's comparing apples and oranges or in this case, winners and losers... Jordan is the GOAT, Lebron has watched a guy has was supposed to be guarding win two Finals MVPs in a row... :crazy:

It is easier for Lebron to make the Finals when he depleted the East with his cherry picking and made his path pretty easy. If Boston were at full strength and they had Kyrie and Hayward, I don't see them making it to the Finals...

It is not a conversation and if it is, it is a very short conversation with some belly laughs at Lebron's expense. You don't run away from guarding Durant in game 3 and still be in a conversation for anything. Legends are made in those big moments, and Lebron's "legend" took a huge hit with his inability to even try to stop Durant from hitting that dagger three on Lebron's home floor to essentially put the series away. Duran'ts legend is growing more and more by the day while Lebron is turning into a very bad joke. Pathetic even.

I disagree. Lebron's legacy if anything was cemented by this. Lebron literally had to do everything on that team, including running the point. As a result he was extremely exhausted and yet still balled out at age 33 and you expect him to guard the best scorer in the league on top of that? I agree you can't yet say he's better than Jordan or equal to him, but he's getting closer and that Cavs team didn't come close to the Bulls Championship teams of the 90s. Not even close, so to say this hurts his legacy is silly. The team over achieved because of him.

And please slow your role with Durant's legend growing. He's a great player, but he joined a team that was already historically the best team in NBA history. I'd LOVE to see Durant on this Cavs team. He would have had the same issues as Lebron.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion