Mohamed Bamba Trying To Avoid Being Drafted By Grizzlies

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mohamed Bamba Trying To Avoid Being Drafted By Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Mohamed Bamba is attempting to avoid being drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies.

"Mo Bamba has refused to come to work out for Memphis, refused to share his medicals, and has told them openly he would prefer not to be in Memphis," said Jonathan Givony on 929 ESPN in Memphis.

The Grizzlies own the No. 4 overall pick in the draft.

Memphis has an uncertain short-term outlook at they try to avoid rebuilding.

Via Jonathan Givony/ESPN

Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Re: Mohamed Bamba Trying To Avoid Being Drafted By Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by Rek » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Smart kid. That franchise doesn't have any real plan in place.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Cassius » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Rek wrote:Smart kid. That franchise doesn't have any real plan in place.

The curse of Hasheem Thabeet is real.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#4 » by urgal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Great! Welcome to the BIG D then at 5.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#5 » by zero24gravity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Boo hoo, I'm going to get millions to play a game. (That I hope he loves.)

Go play where you're drafted, feel grateful, and embrace the fan-base that (over)pays you.

Superteams, trade demands, not wanting to be drafted by certain teams .... I love the NBA, but this garbage is getting old quick.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#6 » by dubbmotta » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Boo hoo, I'm going to get millions to play a game. (That I hope he loves.)

Go play where you're drafted, feel grateful, and embrace the fan-base that (over)pays you.

Superteams, trade demands, not wanting to be drafted by certain teams .... I love the NBA, but this garbage is getting old quick.

You sound like a 30 year old fat kid who live with his parents...when picking a job you want to work for the best organization that fits YOUR needs. Why wouldn’t an athlete not have the same desire???
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#7 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Boo hoo, I'm going to get millions to play a game. (That I hope he loves.)

This
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#8 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

You sound like a 30 year old fat kid who live with his parents...when picking a job you want to work for the best organization that fits YOUR needs. Why wouldn’t an athlete not have the same desire???

Are you serious ? Just rude to begin with , secondly he’s getting drafted in the top. 5 if he plans to be any good he should want to change a franchise
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by zero24gravity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:10 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

Not 30, not fat, not at home ... but all good tries. BTW, those types of comments lower the value of your opinion because you come across as childish.

The NBA would be his employer. In real life (not the entitled world of pro-sports) you work where your asked/needed or you get probably get fired. So, if we're comparing this to "picking a job you want" a player can chose to not do go where his employer asks and and find another employer, but that would mean he'd have to join another league, which would costs him millions. So again, I say, play, feel grateful, and embrace the fan-base that (over)pays you.

I'm assuming you're employed. Why don't you go tell your employer where you are or aren't willing to work (location, department, etc.) and see how that goes.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by zero24gravity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:

Are you serious ? Just rude to begin with , secondly he’s getting drafted in the top. 5 if he plans to be any good he should want to change a franchise

L.A. market sports fan.... Sorry, you wouldn't understand.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Come on, the question is why.

Is it cuz they already have Gasol?
The location?
The GM?
History of Steve Francis?
The possibility of it moving?

Cuz the Grizz isn't a bad team, they just have bad luck with Parsons. Or he prefers the Kings?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#12 » by 2011Champs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Bamba probably just doesn’t want to be buried on the bench behind Gasol.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#13 » by MrBigShot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:01 am

Not shocking, Memphis doesn't have much going for them. Texas/Florida have no state tax, a handful of teams have a history of greatness and championships, some teams play in cities with great weather, some teams have superstars. Conley and Gasol are 30 and 33 respectively. Memphis fans are pretty supportive though, at least.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,725

Post#14 » by the_process » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Rek wrote:Smart kid. That franchise doesn't have any real plan in place.

They do. Stay relevant for as long as possible with Gasol and Conley. Sell as many tickets as a possible because if they ever have to rebuild, the team will go bankrupt because it’s in a micro market.

Memphis really needs to move. Screams for the Seattle group to step in here and buy out Pera and get the franchise back up to the Pacific Northwest.

Anyway, it’s obvious Bamba doesn’t want to go there because he would be a backup.

Return to Wiretap Discussion