Re: Kawhi Leonard Plans On Telling Rival Teams He Plans To Sign In Los Angeles

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kawhi Leonard Plans On Telling Rival Teams He Plans To Sign In Los Angeles 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 am

Kawhi Leonard has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play for the San Antonio Spurs and will eventually alert rival teams that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles when he becomes a free agent in 2019.

Leonard would prefer to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers over the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Spurs are unlikely to be motivated to trade Leonard to the Lakers.

Leonard had told confidants that he did not want to sit down with Popovich and has been purposely difficult for the Spurs to reach recently.

Leonard is angry over how the Spurs handled his quad rehab and is irate with public comments made by Tony Parker. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski, Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

It Is I Folks
Junior
And1: 46

Post#2 » by It Is I Folks » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 am

They should just trade his coward a** to a team like Orlando or Nets and let him waste a year of his sorry a**.....even if the trade package ain’t as much.
I mean Spurs ain’t getting a good deal either way.
Dude worst than a girl, can’t man up, instead hiding like a coward.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,309

Post#3 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 am

He's going to lose tens of millions of dollars by turning down the supermax from the Spurs, and would lose tens of millions more if he was traded to another team and then left them next offseason.
His representation is REALLY screwing him over. Total amateur hour. :o
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:He's going to lose tens of millions of dollars by turning down the supermax from the Spurs, and would lose tens of millions more if he was traded to another team and then left them next offseason.
His representation is REALLY screwing him over. Total amateur hour. :o

Sounds like they want to recoup it thru big media exposure and shoe deals. His uncle/posse are gamblers?

OP: Parker is a real bad man/teammate. But his injury was truly a very very serious one.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:10 am

LEVERAGE.
this is a PLAYERS' league.
if SAS doesnt see this as a blackeye on them LEAGUEWIDE; theyre tonedeaf, it'll be extra difficult to land a "star".
being Extra Extra difficult to KEEP a rising star. Murray.
They ALL pay attn to this.
not ONE current/former superstar has spoke out in support of SAS handling of KL. TP/Manu dont count as "superstar".

big problem.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#6 » by dan-man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:25 am

can't wait until we have some actual news on this rather than "unnamed" sources which may or may not be giving us legit info.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#7 » by the_process » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:27 am

It Is I Folks wrote:They should just trade his coward a** to a team like Orlando or Nets and let him waste a year of his sorry a**.....even if the trade package ain’t as much.

Yeah, I kind of agree. The Spurs should just put the super max out there very publicly, and then let Kawhi answer why he won’t sign it. I mean since they aren’t getting anything for him now, might as well. And assuming this is actually coming from Kawhi, and not Pelinka pretending to be Kawhi.

But the Sixers will gladly give you Covington and 26 for the rental, if you just want to get something for him...
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#8 » by TimRobbins » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:36 am

Why not trade him to the Lakers?
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#9 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:42 am

Great.. more drama is exactly what we needed. Why can’t he just choose the Raptors or some other team? Why does it always have to be the Lakers?? Can’t we have a quiet offseason...
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,179

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 am

Dear Magic/Rob after seeing this, you should realize that trading for him now would be a stupid move...

Let him come VIA FA OR not at all...

Keep King kuz and Ingram

Let them/him come FA or not at all :)
Bring back Defense
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Re: Re: Kawhi Leonard Plans On Telling Rival Teams He Plans To Sign In Los Angeles 

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:20 am

Make up your mind already.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#12 » by Kurosawa0 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:21 am

The Spurs aren't dumb. They're going to maintain the "anywhere but the Lakers" act to try to get the best deal. If Kawhi is able to scare off teams to bring the talks down to the Clippers and the Lakers it would be basketball malpractice for the Spurs to not go with the Lakers. If Brandon Ingram is on the table there's nothing the Clippers have to beat that.
Kurosawa0
Analyst

Re: Re: Kawhi Leonard Plans On Telling Rival Teams He Plans To Sign In Los Angeles 

Post#13 » by Kurosawa0 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:23 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Make up your mind already.

Hell no. We need the Kawhi trade ball up in there air while LeBron's also making his decision. Far more interesting.
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#14 » by triple_threat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:27 am

Kurosawa0 wrote:The Spurs aren't dumb. They're going to maintain the "anywhere but the Lakers" act to try to get the best deal. If Kawhi is able to scare off teams to bring the talks down to the Clippers and the Lakers it would be basketball malpractice for the Spurs to not go with the Lakers. If Brandon Ingram is on the table there's nothing the Clippers have to beat that.

The real question is how low can the lakers go. There id absolutely no need to part with ingram given they can sign Kawhi outright. Unless of course the king plays a factor here
Kurosawa0
Analyst

Post#15 » by Kurosawa0 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:37 am

triple_threat wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:The Spurs aren't dumb. They're going to maintain the "anywhere but the Lakers" act to try to get the best deal. If Kawhi is able to scare off teams to bring the talks down to the Clippers and the Lakers it would be basketball malpractice for the Spurs to not go with the Lakers. If Brandon Ingram is on the table there's nothing the Clippers have to beat that.

The real question is how low can the lakers go. There id absolutely no need to part with ingram given they can sign Kawhi outright. Unless of course the king plays a factor here

If you're the Lakers I think getting Kawhi first probably is the best option. That way you walk into your meeting with LeBron and can pitch the Kawhi + PG package. Like Riley did with Wade and Bosh.

I also think getting Kawhi first could close the deal with Paul George, so even if you miss out on LeBron you're going to have two all-stars. Maybe you even take a run at Cousins.

It may end up where LeBron and PG decide to go to the Lakers first, but that they do so knowing the deal for Kawhi is in place.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#16 » by Tofubeque » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:15 am

gordoncatrell wrote:LEVERAGE.
this is a PLAYERS' league.
if SAS doesnt see this as a blackeye on them LEAGUEWIDE; theyre tonedeaf, it'll be extra difficult to land a "star".
being Extra Extra difficult to KEEP a rising star. Murray.
They ALL pay attn to this.
not ONE current/former superstar has spoke out in support of SAS handling of KL. TP/Manu dont count as "superstar".

big problem.

Sorry, you want stars of other teams to comment on a Spurs/Kawhi situation that they know nothing about, in favor of the Spurs? When has that ever happened in NBA history? And when it doesn't happen it's your proof of a "blackeye" on one of the best franchises in sports?

No players spoke out and said "it's good that Miami lowballed Dwane Wade in FA." No players spoke out and said "it's good that Boston traded Isaiah Thomas after his sister just died." Damn, I guess Miami and Boston won't be able to retain stars anymore.
props Turbozone
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#17 » by dorkestra » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 am

Hey I would have loved him in Philly, but good for him.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#18 » by ermocrate » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:04 am

Did someone found a way to make that trash team relevant again? Didn’t they stole enough players in the past with shady practices?
"Negativity in this town sucks"
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#19 » by zimpy27 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 am

The IT thing may have lifted a lid on a bias of in-house sports doctors.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#20 » by cheese318 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

I
It Is I Folks wrote:They should just trade his coward a** to a team like Orlando or Nets and let him waste a year of his sorry a**.....even if the trade package ain’t as much.

That may happen with Pop at the helm but he won’t get much from a market/team like that as Kawhi will not even consider signing. If Boston got involved a year winning could sway him to stay. I think pops smartest play would be to trade him to Cleveland and keep LeBron/Kawhi in the Eastern Conference.

Regardless Spurs fans should be happy that Dan Gilbert is not making the decisions or else he would end up in with the GSW
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion