Knicks Explore Trading Up To Select Chandler Parsons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Knicks Explore Trading Up To Select Chandler Parsons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 pm

The New York Knicks are exploring trading up in the draft with the Memphis Grizzlies at No. 4 being a potential target.

The Grizzlies have been open to trading out of the No. 4 slot if they can get a team to take on the contract of Chandler Parsons.

The Knicks met with Mohamed Bamba in-person in New York on Wednesday.

Bamba is expected to be a top-5 pick in the draft.

Via Jonathan Givony, Ian Begley/ESPN

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Re: Knicks Explore Trading Up To Select Chandler Parsons 

Post#2 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Well alright!
:beer: RIP mags
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,666

Post#3 » by Psubs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:47 pm

#9, Enes Kanter (Player option likely accept) and Kyle O'Quinn (Player option likely to decline)
For
#4 and Chandler Parsons
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#4 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

NYK have no assets.
no high-ceiling prospects.
always "star" chasing. never "star" getting.
they'll always have to overpay midlevel talent on the FA market.

wash and repeat.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#5 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Psubs wrote:#9, Enes Kanter (Player option likely accept) and Kyle O'Quinn (Player option likely to decline)
For
#4 and Chandler Parsons

This is the obvious framework (kanter and 9 for parsons and 4)

Saves memphis 5.5 next season, 25mill the following. As much as fans don't want to hear it, they ain't paying the salaries. But i get the POV - it's not like FA will be running to memphis if they cleared up that 25mill in 19/20. It'd be a middle finger from the owner type situation.

Is this the guy the knicks take though? I know he put up very nice numbers last year and blocks shots/rebounding - but what's his offensive potential?

Knicks need an assassin. I know it doesn't have to be this year, but if you are trading up to number 4, may as well go for the homerun (unless this guy is that good, i honestly don't know).

edit: then again, i like me a legit 7 footer that protects the rim, rebounds, and plays d.. even without zones, they prove extremely valuable (tyson chandlers/goberts/ibaka of semi recent)

i just don't know if that + kp lures a FA whereas if say (for example) they drafted a trae young and he's the real deal (obviously people have their opinions on this both ways)
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,195

Post#6 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:19 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
Psubs wrote:#9, Enes Kanter (Player option likely accept) and Kyle O'Quinn (Player option likely to decline)
For
#4 and Chandler Parsons

Saves memphis 5.5 next season, 25mill the following. As much as fans don't want to hear it, they ain't paying the salaries. But i get the POV - it's not like FA will be running to memphis if they cleared up that 25mill in 19/20. It'd be a middle finger from the owner type situation.

Is this the guy the knicks take though? I know he put up very nice numbers last year and blocks shots/rebounding - but what's his offensive potential?

Knicks need an assassin. I know it doesn't have to be this year, but if you are trading up to number 4, may as well go for the homerun (unless this guy is that good, i honestly don't know).

edit: then again, i like me a legit 7 footer that protects the rim, rebounds, and plays d.. even without zones, they prove extremely valuable (tyson chandlers/goberts/ibaka of semi recent)

i just don't know if that + kp lures a FA whereas if say (for example) they drafted a trae young and he's the real deal (obviously people have their opinions on this both ways)

how can the knicks trade a player who has not yet opted in?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#7 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
For
#4 and Chandler Parsons

edit: then again, i like me a legit 7 footer that protects the rim, rebounds, and plays d.. even without zones, they prove extremely valuable (tyson chandlers/goberts /ibaka of semi recent)

how can the knicks trade a player who has not yet opted in?

:crazy: he's still contract
:beer: RIP mags
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 am

THJ + Baker for Parsons + no.4?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion