Cavaliers Behaving As Though They Expect LeBron James To Leave

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cavaliers Behaving As Though They Expect LeBron James To Leave 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:57 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have begun to behave as though they expect LeBron James to leave this offseason.

James has until June 29th to decide whether to opt out for free agency.

James is expected to choose between the Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and Philadelphia 76ers.

Brian Windhorst also said during his ESPN Cleveland radio appearance that there are only four people who know what James is going to do and those people are not talking.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Re: Cavaliers Behaving As Though They Expect LeBron James To Leave 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:23 pm

I guess they can put the "letter to the fans" back up on the website.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Post#3 » by lonzo_pelota » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Brian Windhorst always knows the inside scoop, where does his itinerary have him next month and thats your answer
is he eating a plethora of philly cheesesteaks? Some Pappadeaux down in Houston, or seafood @ Moonshadows in Malibu....
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#4 » by Warchant » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm

There is no doubt LB knows where he is going....this isnt a hard decision....he already has a house in LA so he doesnt need to search for a house, he already knows all bout Clev, he is not taking the long sales pitches to recruit him so why cant he stop w the ego trip and for once just announce his intentions and move on....this guy loves the drama and just cant help himself smh
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#5 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Dan Gilbert already deciding if he would go with Arial or stick with good ol' Comic Sans
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#6 » by artsncrafts » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 pm

lol 76ers....I guess he likes the easy east but why the Sixers over like...Boston or just stay in Cleveland and bring whoever you want over.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#7 » by Throwback24 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 pm

As they should. Always operate as if LBJ is leaving, if he stays then pivot. But he's leaving until you hear otherwise.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#8 » by Lalouie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 pm

what does this mean. like, are they tearing down the building sized lebron poster or what
Mikael
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#9 » by Mikael » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Warchant wrote:There is no doubt LB knows where he is going....this isnt a hard decision....he already has a house in LA so he doesnt need to search for a house, he already knows all bout Clev, he is not taking the long sales pitches to recruit him so why cant he stop w the ego trip and for once just announce his intentions and move on....this guy loves the drama and just cant help himself smh

He isn't going to LA to get smoked in the west playoffs in the second round by Houston or GS
Lol
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#10 » by BallerTalk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Warchant wrote:There is no doubt LB knows where he is going....this isnt a hard decision....he already has a house in LA so he doesnt need to search for a house, he already knows all bout Clev, he is not taking the long sales pitches to recruit him so why cant he stop w the ego trip and for once just announce his intentions and move on....this guy loves the drama and just cant help himself smh

You do realize he is currently still under contract with the Cavs, right?
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#11 » by GBPackers47 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

guys been 7 NBA Finals in a row. I'm going to assume searching for a house in whatever city he ends up in isn't keeping him up at night.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

I wonder how many NBA players have homes in LA? It's got to be a ton, right?

I'm not saying that he isn't going to go to LA... just that owning a home there isn't an indicator of what he will do.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#13 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm

This is the right move for the Cavs. If he stays, it will only be because his family wants him to, he has already stated that publicly. This decision is up to his family. Only fair for the Cavs to think in their best interests as well. He shows no loyalty to them and isn't keeping them in the loop, he just has his people "staying in touch with the team".

If he leaves, they already have a start on the rebuild and had that mindset at the draft. If he stays, Lebron has already given two precedents that a team can be built around him in an offseason. Ring chasers come flocking and take minimum deals, they trade Sexton for a win now player, etc...
Doe Lotto
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#14 » by Doe Lotto » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:38 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

I think he realizes that. But when your a hater that supercedes knowledge.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#15 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:07 pm

What exactly was Windhorst expecting the Cavs to do?

Trade away every last asset they've got, take on millions of salary, and send away future picks for a player that would only bump the needle against the Warriors and would leave the team broken for years if James leaves?

Why wouldn't every GM in the league ask for the Sun and the Moon when Koby Altman calls them? Who's in a rush at this time of the year to trade away their star player that can't wait a couple of weeks to see if Dan Gilbert won't cave and over spend?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 pm

"The Cleveland Cavaliers have begun to behave"

Definitely don't think they just began to do that.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#17 » by D21 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Throwback24 wrote:As they should. Always operate as if LBJ is leaving, if he stays then pivot. But he's leaving until you hear otherwise.

Acting like that, I hope he won't say that he made CLE in the best position to invest in some veterans with several years of contract. If he said last year for example, "I'm here at least 3 years", they would know what to try, but with contract he can stop after each year, they can't, it's too risky, and even if they have the highest payroll, it's also James who is loosing something of this situation.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#18 » by TimRobbins » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 pm

So where is Kevin Love going?
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#19 » by Wonderllama » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Kevin Love is a bum! They won't get much for him
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#20 » by haste10176 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:24 am

JonFromVA wrote:What exactly was Windhorst expecting the Cavs to do?

Trade away every last asset they've got, take on millions of salary, and send away future picks for a player that would only bump the needle against the Warriors and would leave the team broken for years if James leaves?

Why wouldn't every GM in the league ask for the Sun and the Moon when Koby Altman calls them? Who's in a rush at this time of the year to trade away their star player that can't wait a couple of weeks to see if Dan Gilbert won't cave and over spend?

What I find hilarious is that oh Cavs building for when LBJ leaves.. Last time LBJ left they had 3 number 1 picks.. They will never be a contender ever again once LBJ leaves they should have gone all in last year.. Kyrie trade request should have been denied or traded for PG13 straight away... If LBJ leaves the priority will be getting below the luxury tax and getting draft picks.. They will suck in any rebuild anyway as they did last time..

Return to Wiretap Discussion