Re: LeBron James Arrives In Los Angeles On Eve Of Free Agency

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

LeBron James Arrives In Los Angeles On Eve Of Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 pm

LeBron James landed at the Van Nuys Airport near Los Angeles on Saturday as free agency is set to begin.

James was previously vacationing in the Caribbean. 

James owns two houses in the Los Angeles area.

James is widely expected to decide between the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers in free agency.

Via Arash Markazi/ESPN

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Reports say he will not even meet with the Cavs and he lands in LA right as free agency begins. Yeah, not obvious or anything, pure stealth. He as us all fooled... :lol:
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#3 » by gordoncatrell » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Storming the castle.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#4 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm

I don’t know what’s so special about this?? He has a house here in LA, so maybe he’s just coming back from vacation? I read that the whole 76ers crew are in LA, so maybe he’s meeting and signing with them that’s why he’s here.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#5 » by tidho » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Reports say he will not even meet with the Cavs and he lands in LA right as free agency begins. Yeah, not obvious or anything, pure stealth. He as us all fooled... :lol:
he's been able to talk to the Cavaliers all along.
Now he's going to meet with Magic. Maybe its all show and the deal was already complete with tampering...or he'll leave there without a contract and could stay in CLE.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#6 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Man he just wanted to get a bite of pizza at one of his Blaze joints....nothing to see here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by gordoncatrell » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:53 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:I don’t know what’s so special about this?? He has a house here in LA, so maybe he’s just coming back from vacation? I read that the whole 76ers crew are in LA, so maybe he’s meeting and signing with them that’s why he’s here.

Manufacturing hype to apply public pressure.
Gaslighting.

Every star is in LA for the summer
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Re: Re: LeBron James Arrives In Los Angeles On Eve Of Free Agency 

Post#8 » by fuller4379 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Going to the Lakers to complete for 10th place in the West. He must be getting tired of those extra games every year.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Re: Re: LeBron James Arrives In Los Angeles On Eve Of Free Agency 

Post#9 » by dautjazz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Going to the Lakers to complete for 10th place in the West. He must be getting tired of those extra games every year.

Right. You know that along with Lebron would most likely come George or Leonard via a trade. Even if it's just Lebron, you really think the following team can't make the playoffs:

Randle
Kuzama
Lebron/Ingram
(?)
Ball
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 pm

I believe he went to NYC to complete the televised “The Decision” when the NYK were regarded as a high favorite to sign him. Unfortunately just because he was in NYC did not make him a Knick. Maybe this time around being in LA will make him a Laker. If it’s possible he might leave the Cleveland Cavaliers in the next few days in free agency why would he go home to Akron

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by gordoncatrell » Sun Jul 1, 2018 12:08 am

Ask yourself...is LAL welcoming this "King"?
All one-sided fed news being doled out drip by drip.
Or is "King" approaching LAL in the same manner as Xerxes @ Sparta/Agamemnon @ Troy.
It's his birthright: a LA takeover.

Poetic.
Root for Magic RP.
#popcorn.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#12 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Jul 1, 2018 2:26 pm

cheese318 wrote:I believe he went to NYC to complete the televised “The Decision” when the NYK were regarded as a high favorite to sign him. Unfortunately just because he was in NYC did not make him a Knick. Maybe this time around being in LA will make him a Laker. If it’s possible he might leave the Cleveland Cavaliers in the next few days in free agency why would he go home to Akron

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The Knicks were never really in the running since Bosh, Lebron and Wade already had their plan in place. LA is an real destination where he may actually go if he can convince any other players to join him, which is slim pickings at this point. He is down to Kawhi or Cousins. Since Kawhi has apparently expressed his reservations of dealing with the Lebron drama though, that leaves Cousins. A guy that doesn't really seem to be very coveted and has baggage of his own. Maybe Cousins and Lebron are a perfect match after all...

Return to Wiretap Discussion